Derek Adams has left Morecambe, now at Bradford | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams has left Morecambe, now at Bradford

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Songo'o come on down!! :scarf:

I know from reading pasoti that Dadams is a great manager and motivator, he'll have them playing his exhilarating uberattacking football in no time! :whistle:

May 8, 2011
Pogleswoody":24pundj1 said:
Songo'o come on down!! :scarf:

I know from reading pasoti that Dadams is a great manager and motivator, he'll have them playing his exhilarating uberattacking football in no time! :whistle:

If he can make Bradford the 4th highest goal scorers in the League with the same result at the end of the season as he did at Morecambe I think the Bradford fans would be calling him a football genius as well.

Will be interesting to see if any current or former players join him as many live in the Leeds and Greater Manchester area.

Dec 30, 2020
Knibbsworth":k8wu4k2g said:
greenpilled":k8wu4k2g said:
It's Argyle's equivalent of Walkers Crisps switching the colour of cheese and onion and salt and vinegar crisp packets - widely believed events that are entirely fictitious.

Entirely fictitious? I remember that well!

I remember the advert with Gary Lineker in it. A team with blue shirts and a team with green shirts, and he gets them to swap because Walkers colours were changing.

Perhaps a huge number of people widely believe it - because it did happen.

Getting off topic, but you've proved my point completely - it didn't happen. From Walker's own website:

https://walkers.co.uk/faq/brands-flavou ... ur%20brand.

"Weā€™re often asked this! Our Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion flavour crisps packs have always been the colours they are today. Contrary to popular belief, weā€™ve never swapped the colours around, not even temporarily. Weā€™ve no plans to change these designs, as theyā€™re signature to our brand."

Edited to add: There's also a quote from Gary Lineker in this article, claiming (wrongly) that it *did* happen - but before he was involved with the company. So obviously you're confusing different events in your head to imagine an advert that also never occurred.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3a8mzy/ ... our-packet

Bringing it back on topic, the crisp packet change colour myth is sort of like the idea of Adams being a boring manager based on the disappointing game at Wembley and his disastrous last season (more to do with crap players than boring tactics) rather than the football we saw week-in week-out for most of his tenure.

It gets repeated with 'boring' as a mis-used term, and suddenly people 'remember' the boring football. In fact it was about as attack-minded as Argyle have played over the past couple of decades with flair players like Carey, Wylde, Lameiras and Kennedy running at defences, fed by ball-playing midfielders like Fox, Ness, Boateng and Sarcevic.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
I was a Derek Adams fan. Yes, it was shocking that he took us down with 'that' team. I reckon he should have been awarded Manager of the Year for his remarkable achievements at Morecambe.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
greenpilled":z9c58qyz said:
Knibbsworth":z9c58qyz said:
greenpilled":z9c58qyz said:
It's Argyle's equivalent of Walkers Crisps switching the colour of cheese and onion and salt and vinegar crisp packets - widely believed events that are entirely fictitious.

I remember the advert with Gary Lineker in it. A team with blue shirts and a team with green shirts, and he gets them to swap because Walkers colours were changing.

Getting off topic, but you've proved my point completely - it didn't happen. From Walker's own website:

"Weā€™re often asked this! Our Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion flavour crisps packs have always been the colours they are today. Contrary to popular belief, weā€™ve never swapped the colours around, not even temporarily. Weā€™ve no plans to change these designs, as theyā€™re signature to our brand."

Edited to add: There's also a quote from Gary Lineker in this article, claiming (wrongly) that it *did* happen - but before he was involved with the company. So obviously you're confusing different events in your head to imagine an advert that also never occurred.

Bringing it back on topic, the crisp packet change colour myth is sort of like the idea of Adams being a boring manager based on the disappointing game at Wembley and his disastrous last season (more to do with crap players than boring tactics) rather than the football we saw week-in week-out for most of his tenure.

It gets repeated with 'boring' as a mis-used term, and suddenly people 'remember' the boring football. In fact it was about as attack-minded as Argyle have played over the past couple of decades with flair players like Carey, Wylde, Lameiras and Kennedy running at defences, fed by ball-playing midfielders like Fox, Ness, Boateng and Sarcevic.

I think youā€™re right about the boring football. The defend at all costs seemed to come in after the Liverpool match and it appeared to me that the tactics against Liverpool were then used against all teams which led to the boring football creeping in.

May 8, 2011
GreenThing":1qkoi4a1 said:
greenpilled":1qkoi4a1 said:
Knibbsworth":1qkoi4a1 said:
greenpilled":1qkoi4a1 said:

I think youā€™re right about the boring football. The defend at all costs seemed to come in after the Liverpool match and it appeared to me that the tactics against Liverpool were then used against all teams which led to the boring football creeping in.

Makes you wonder how we won so many games after Liverpool to get promoted, not sure beating Exeter amongst others was boring.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
What a surprise :doh: :doh:

BREAKING NEWS | We are delighted to announce the appointment of Derek Adams - as our new first-team manager!

derekadams341.jpg

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/20 ... tams-boss/

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":cjt0vu2a said:
GreenThing":cjt0vu2a said:
greenpilled":cjt0vu2a said:
Knibbsworth":cjt0vu2a said:
greenpilled":cjt0vu2a said:

Makes you wonder how we won so many games after Liverpool to get promoted, not sure beating Exeter amongst others was boring.

I didnā€™t say loosing football. Scoring first then defending for the rest of the match is what I consider boring football, which seemed to be the preferred tactics after the Liverpool match.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
A Morecambe fan summed up Adams' time at the club. Incredible really.

- Best ever points total
- Highest ever division
- Never got further in the League Cup than we did this season
- Never got further in the FA Cup than we did this season
- Guides us just 1 point off automatics, giving us the chance to see our lads in the flesh for the first time in 15 months
- Extra-time win at Wembley in front of 4,000 Shrimps
- Improved every player he kept
- Plucked Carlos from the reserves and made him into one of the leagueā€™s most exciting players
- Most chances created in the league
- Gave Kev his comeuppanceĀ 

Thanks for everything Derek. Itā€™s been incredible.

Jan 27, 2012
Bernie Bernbaum":ij6i0r1o said:
Good luck Derek.

...... and good luck with finding a new club Niall Canavan

Bradford fans will feel that they should be in the Premier League. Realistically, they could get into the Championship if Adams receives decent financial backing. Despite the blip during his last few months in charge at Home Park, Adams is a manager who clearly knows what he is doing. His CV proves that.

Dorset Green

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
He has turned Morcambe around in an amazing way. Adams win percentages as a manager are very impressive. He got Argyle promoted from L2.

Despite all this I can't say I liked the style of football he produced nor did I warm to him as an individual. There is a question about his ability to manage at a higher level. It will be interesting to see if he can take Bradford further than he took Argyle.

Oct 5, 2013
Good luck to him.
I certainly didnā€™t enjoy his style of football, or his interviews.

Oct 10, 2012
philevs":2v716xii said:
Good luck to him.
I certainly didnā€™t enjoy his style of football, or his interviews.

I enjoyed the first 3 years of results though and thatā€™s what matters.

Heā€™ll go onto good things.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
PL2 3DQ":24pfucot said:
A Morecambe fan summed up Adams' time at the club. Incredible really.

- Best ever points total
- Highest ever division
- Never got further in the League Cup than we did this season
- Never got further in the FA Cup than we did this season
- Guides us just 1 point off automatics, giving us the chance to see our lads in the flesh for the first time in 15 months
- Extra-time win at Wembley in front of 4,000 Shrimps
- Improved every player he kept
- Plucked Carlos from the reserves and made him into one of the leagueā€™s most exciting players
- Most chances created in the league
- Gave Kev his comeuppanceĀ 

Thanks for everything Derek. Itā€™s been incredible.

Says it all.

I'd be extremely satisfied if I were a Bradford fan now.