Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
MickyD":jynnj55n said:
Argyleloyal87":jynnj55n said:
Cobi Budge":jynnj55n said:
The cameras should have been cut so much sooner. Fair play to the Denmark players for trying to shield the CPR from view.

Awful.

100% agree, so very wrong off BBC to do that
It was on for far too long, but I don't know if they were even BBC cameras - I strongly suspect not, or there'd be a thousand competing TV companies' cameras around the ground. That's not to say that the BBC programme director couldn't have cut the feed sooner, though.

Probably not the BBC cameras but like you said they could have cut the feed. Danish tv pulled it pretty much straight away apparently

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Reports saying that he was conscious and raised his hand when he was carried from the field. Let’s hope so

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The BBC are at the mercy of the host broadcaster but could have cut the feed themselves. The cameramen and director should be sacked for showing Eriksen's wife in the stands.
That said, viewers themselves could have switched off.

Thankfully he seems to be conscious.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
They may or may not win the tournament, but I think those Denmark players, as devastated and as terrified as they must have been, deserve to be remembered as the the real heroes of Euro 2020 for their actions on that pitch today. They are true teammates.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
PL2 3DQ":1hkucple said:
The BBC are at the mercy of the host broadcaster but could have cut the feed themselves. The cameramen and director should be sacked for showing Eriksen's wife in the stands.
That said, viewers themselves could have switched off.

Thankfully he seems to be conscious.
Yes, it's a tricky one - whether to turn off or not. Like most people, I'm sure, I kept watching in the hope of seeing him at least revived before before being stretchered off.

Was that his wife at the touchline as well, though? Not nice to see at all, and the "wartime cameraman - capture everything" argument hardly applied here. It was a sporting event.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":37t37sik said:
The cameras should have been cut so much sooner. Fair play to the Denmark players for trying to shield the CPR from view.

Awful.
Yes it was Thomas Delaney who got the players over to do it. We just can't imagine what they were going through.

Here's hoping Christian has a full recovery.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Match to be played again tonight

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would hope the Denmark players have had complete autonomy over the decision to resume the game tonight, and that they aren’t being pressured to.