• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

Denmark v Finland

Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
They may or may not win the tournament, but I think those Denmark players, as devastated and as terrified as they must have been, deserve to be remembered as the the real heroes of Euro 2020 for their actions on that pitch today. They are true teammates.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
PL2 3DQ":1hkucple said:
The BBC are at the mercy of the host broadcaster but could have cut the feed themselves. The cameramen and director should be sacked for showing Eriksen's wife in the stands.
That said, viewers themselves could have switched off.

Thankfully he seems to be conscious.
Yes, it's a tricky one - whether to turn off or not. Like most people, I'm sure, I kept watching in the hope of seeing him at least revived before before being stretchered off.

Was that his wife at the touchline as well, though? Not nice to see at all, and the "wartime cameraman - capture everything" argument hardly applied here. It was a sporting event.

Keepitgreen

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":37t37sik said:
The cameras should have been cut so much sooner. Fair play to the Denmark players for trying to shield the CPR from view.

Awful.
Yes it was Thomas Delaney who got the players over to do it. We just can't imagine what they were going through.

Here's hoping Christian has a full recovery.

Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would hope the Denmark players have had complete autonomy over the decision to resume the game tonight, and that they aren’t being pressured to.

Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It is interesting that people are complaining (I don't mean on here) that the BBC failed to cut the live feed yet most of them carried on watching rather than use their own remote control to turn it off.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Lundan Cabbie":114s4j44 said:
It is interesting that people are complaining (I don't mean on here) that the BBC failed to cut the live feed yet most of them carried on watching rather than use their own remote control to turn it off.
I did address that on the previous page.

Yes, it's a tricky one - whether to turn off or not. Like most people, I'm sure, I kept watching in the hope of seeing him at least revived before before being stretchered off.

Was that his wife at the touchline as well, though? Not nice to see at all, and the "wartime cameraman - capture everything" argument hardly applied here. It was a sporting event.

Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
MickyD":15hcrqx8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":15hcrqx8 said:
I did address that on the previous page.

Fair play Mickey. The decision to show pictures of his partner was not a good one on the part of the Danish TV director. It wasn't something the BBC could control on a live broadcast though.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Back to the footy for a moment - that was the softest of penalties and, although we all feel sympathy for Denmark, I was quite glad that it was missed.

Oh, and Belgium have just scored.

Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":mrbjzeed said:
Willis88":mrbjzeed said:
cheshiregreen":mrbjzeed said:
Argyleloyal87":mrbjzeed said:
Match to be played again tonight

Well that is a disgrace in my view. Surely the players will have no interest after what they have been through

The players have asked to play.

Down to them to decide

That is certainly what the UEFA statement said.

Some reports on social media (I know) suggest UEFA told Denmark game had to be played by nòon Sunday at latest.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/emotion ... vvucqaybqv

Edit - these reports are confirmed. I stick by my view. Danish players shouldn't have been put in such a position.

Christian Eriksen collapse: The heroes who helped save Denmark's star player - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57457388

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
cheshiregreen":2r0uj6lz said:
Willis88":2r0uj6lz said:
Argyleloyal87":2r0uj6lz said:
Match to be played again tonight

Well that is a disgrace in my view. Surely the players will have no interest after what they have been through

The players have asked to play.

Down to them to decide

That is certainly what the UEFA statement said.

Some reports on social media (I know) suggest UEFA told Denmark game had to be played by nòon Sunday at latest.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/emotion ... vvucqaybqv

Edit - these reports are confirmed. I stick by my view. Danish players shouldn't have been put in such a position.

Christian Eriksen collapse: The heroes who helped save Denmark's star player - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57457388

Yes upon reading various statements I need to withdraw my comments.

Very much seems like the players were forced to play yesterday or this morning.

I appreciate the scheduling issue but sometimes humanity is ignored for the tournament and that's not right.

The only good news is Erikson seems to be recovering well.

Ponty

Administrator
Staff member
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I think it would have been better to give both teams a point and not play on.

I'm sure both teams would have accepted that with the important matter being that Christian was awake and stable.