Deletion of posts | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Deletion of posts

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
When I answer someone in haste when I have done so using the “reply” option and then realise I am wrong, my only editing option is to delete my own text but I cannot delete the entire post. Is this a design fault?

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
As an example, if I go back to my post that began this thread, that option does not exist. And there is not even an option to edit any more. That seems to vanish after a short while of a post being created. I shall now post this and see if I can see a permanent delete option when it is a newish post And post further once I have looked.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
As I thought. I can edit a recent post but there is no option to delete it. Permanently or otherwise.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
If this is not the experience that those with admin rights are having, perhaps they ought to sign in without admin rights and play with the settings again to see (or not) what we see (or not).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hi, I've changed the settings to add 'delete own post', although the first post in a thread cannot be deleted because the whole thread will be lost but the first post in a thread can still be edited at any time.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Hi, I've changed the settings to add 'delete own post', although the first post in a thread cannot be deleted because the whole thread will be lost but the first post in a thread can still be edited at any time.
Thanks. That’s much better.