Danny Mayor | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor

Jan 27, 2012
It’s going to take a number of weeks for Mayor to regain fitness and match sharpness. I would judge him once he has had time to get back into the groove.

George Cooper will take even longer to get back to his best. Even if he is physically fit right now, it’s still going to take a few months for him to get properly up to speed after a year on the sidelines.

Oct 31, 2015
I don’t agree mate, I thought Pan had a pretty quiet game and didn’t look his energetic self. I thought Lowe bringing on Mayor for Pan was a good sub tbh firstly for adding more attacking impetus down the left and the right (because Broom offers more attacking threat at RM than Pan does imo) and it also put proper competive minutes into Danny Mayors legs as he was bound to be a bit rusty. I actually thought Mayor did ok for me, he beat his opponent a few times and got in one decent cross where had there been an Argyle player gambling at the far post it could have been a goal and he also dragged defenders to mark him freeing up space for other players including Broom on the right. Only my opinion of course but I think having DM involved will only give us more ammunition and something else for opposing managers to think about when trying to stop us.
Fair points. I love it when people put their differing views in such a good way👍👍👍.

I just thought his approach play was laboured, yea there were some tricks. There was one bit of play when Hardie was looking for a Broomy style run busting a gut and DM10 was stood on the half way line watching and I don't think he won a tackle. Pans on an average day was better placed in my opinion.

I hope DM can get up to speed quickly.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jul 27, 2021
Personally I don’t think we will see GC start a league game for Argyle again. Would loved to be proved wrong.

Aug 24, 2009
None of our mid-fielders can shoot, Camara had two great chance on the edge of the box yesterday and messed them both up, Broom scored a good goal, however it was a pass into the goal rather than a shot, When he shoots from the edge of the box he generally misses other than the one last weekend when the keeper made a fantastic save. Mayor is the same, he is a fantastic creative player but a goal scorer he is not. Jarrett is going to be our find of the season if he is allowed to play to his strengths and that is to attack, his defending is not great however he is improving especially when he plays on the right.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It must have pained you a lot to give some credit to an Argyle player, Jarrett, even though, I assume that you meant Garrick.
Most fans agree that both Mayor and Camara need to improve their shooting but Broom has shown, on more than one occasion, that he can shoot, having been denied by several decent saves. Conor Grant has also just shown that he can shoot from a midfield position.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
It is a bit unfair to give Danny a bad report when he was only on the pitch for 10 minutes

Danny needs game time - minutes in the tank to get back to the player on the top of his game

Each of our players have individual qualities that can be brought to the starting 11- we are no longer a one man band relying on one player to make it happen

We are a team , a collective team with versatile players that can give us different ways of playing

What a lovely headache RL now has- all these players , all these skills & all these options to get a result

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Danny was on the pitch for about 10 minutes following a spell out injured. It's obviously going to take a bit of time to get the sharpness back and I think it's unfair to judge him based on yesterday. I think it can only be positive news that he's back in contention.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
None of our mid-fielders can shoot, Camara had two great chance on the edge of the box yesterday and messed them both up, Broom scored a good goal, however it was a pass into the goal rather than a shot, When he shoots from the edge of the box he generally misses other than the one last weekend when the keeper made a fantastic save. Mayor is the same, he is a fantastic creative player but a goal scorer he is not. Jarrett is going to be our find of the season if he is allowed to play to his strengths and that is to attack, his defending is not great however he is improving especially when he plays on the right.
George Cooper can shoot imo

Jan 27, 2012
Personally I don’t think we will see GC start a league game for Argyle again. Would loved to be proved wrong.
I hope you are wrong about that.
However, something isn't quite right. The club has released very little information about his knee injury from the beginning, which was over 12 months ago now.

Aug 24, 2009
It must have pained you a lot to give some credit to an Argyle player, Jarrett, even though, I assume that you meant Garrick.
Most fans agree that both Mayor and Camara need to improve their shooting but Broom has shown, on more than one occasion, that he can shoot, having been denied by several decent saves. Conor Grant has also just shown that he can shoot from a midfield position.
My apologies, I meant Garrick, I agree with you Broom can shoot but sadly he keeps missing

Sep 6, 2006
So you weren't happy with Brooms goal? What nonsense?

Aug 17, 2005
I hope you are wrong about that.
However, something isn't quite right. The club has released very little information about his knee injury from the beginning, which was over 12 months ago now.
Its not his knee now on his comeback he obtained an ankle injury due to months of plastered up

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
I am sure that Danny will start the Swindon Papa Johns game tomorrow. Hopefully, George will do so too.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Jarrett only played 7 games in 2005/6, hardly a find of this season?