Danny Mayor | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I don't understand this love story for Danny Mayor.....does he score goals...NO.....do others score goals from a direct pass from him.....rarely.

Broom has just swept him away...:D....with his more adaptable alround style.

Reactions: Tonka and max
Oct 31, 2015
DM10 will get his chance. We won't have the same starting 11 all season, injuries and suspensions alone will see to that.

What the interesting thing to see will be if the team are as effective with him in the side. The next 8 months will tell us that storyšŸ‘

Aug 5, 2016
I don't understand this love story for Danny Mayor.....does he score goals...NO.....do others score goals from a direct pass from him.....rarely.

You don't understand why people love Danny Mayor?
Do you not find it enjoyable watching him jink and twist and turn and feint his way past three, four or five players at a time, to dribble us up the pitch 30 metres at a time?
Even if you think his style of play is ineffective, it is definitely entertaining and eye catching.

And he doesn't necessarily have to play at the expense of Broom. Why can't he play in Camara's position? Why can't the lot of them be rotated?

It is possibly even advisable to do so given the way the whole team seemed burned out after January last season, particularly Mayor, Jephcott and Camara who had been fantastic up until that point. They went from looking in fine form and confident to drained and running on fumes.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
On the tunnel cam video he's clearly a team player. Although not "part of it" currently he still wants to be involved.

Aug 5, 2015
Mayor made a premiership defence look very ordinary last year. I donā€™t think there is another person in our squad capable of that. No doubt everyone will get their chance in the fullness of time

Reactions: saxman

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Its a 46-game season with a few Cup games along the way. If we want to build on our good start, we need a squad of 18 genuine 1st team quality players and the likes of Mayor, George Cooper, Ennis, Bolton, etc. will be a big part of that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, you can feel it creaking a bit with so many games coming at us. Time to consider using a few more subs earlier.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth

Broom has no goals and 1 assist in 7 games, a pass to Law who was in 20 yards of open space.

Not sure this was the best way to make your point.

Doyley43

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Think you're being a bit dramatic again.

There's no rivalry, but Broom has come in directly as Mayor's replacement in the team, and has outperformed him. I've seen some posts saying he's not scoring goals, but he's played 8 games as far as I can see.

The reality is that, this team is in the best form we've seen for a long long time, and Broom has been a big contributor to that. People on here said watch when Mayor is out, how we'll miss him. But in Mayor's absence, the whole team has raised the bar, and Broom has been far more effective than Mayor ever has been. He's more industrious, more direct and purposeful in his play going forward, and has now made himself a fixture in this team. Unless Lowe wants to put Broom to RWB, Mayor won't be replacing Broom. Of course the whole team raising the bar has to also do with the improved defence and better calibre of signings, but, even the midfield and forward players have raised the bar. We haven't missed Mayor.

There's no rivalry. It's called competition. Broom has played Mayor out of this team but for a RWB switch as above.
As you said DM hasnā€™t played with the new defence and other additions so your argument is flawed. The team is doing well and DM will have to fight his way back into the team I grant you that (excuse the pun!). One thing for certain I noticed was that although CG found himself in acres of space on the left during Saturdays game I didnā€™t see him beat his man often if at all! It was crying out for DM he would have torn them apart. I would like to see Broom and DM play in the same team at some stage but letā€™s see what happens. Like many on here I just donā€™t get the anti DM brigade at all. Yes he doesnā€™t score many but he makes so many goals even if the final pass isnā€™t his

Doyley43

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS

How many has Broom scored and how many assists? Your argument is flawed on that logic alone!
I think Broom is a great player but he looked tired on Saturday and he cannot ghost past players like DM can.

Iā€™m surprised fans just donā€™t get what DM brings to the team. He may not get the direct assist each time but heā€™s beats so many and sets up others to get the final assist. Itā€™s funny how so many other mangers said how good he is and one said he would even pay money to watch him.

I think DM has a huge part to play during this season and I for one canā€™t wait to watch him pull on the green shirt once again.

Reactions: Ponty
Mar 14, 2009
Iā€™m not anti Mayor.

l just think if people are honest there are two major concerns since he has been here.

1. Does he have a end product for all his skill? How many goals and assists has he produce. I know people will come back with him starting attacks but l think he caused the team defensive issues too.

2. (This is more important point) Does he really suit the CM position?

In Mayor & Cooper we have two talented players. Does the positions they play within the 3-5-2 really suit the type of player they are.

lā€˜ve never been against the 3-5-2 as a system. Iā€™ve been against it when we play square pegs in round holes. Surely Broom playing well, along with the team, means there might be a valid argument.

However, we will see Mayor & Cooper in the 3-5-2 this season so we just need to be patient and find out.