Danny Mayor | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor

Mar 14, 2009
The question isn’t Mayor for Broom. It’s Mayor for Camara.

And then the issue is the running, energy & pressing that Camara gives you will be lost. How Will this change things.

The reason Camara was never signed by a top league one club l believe was his final ball. His composure in the final third let’s him down. An example of this was the miss in first half and then in second half after an excellent break from the half way line he wasn’t aware of Jephcott free in the centre of the box.

l mean l love him as a player. Yet l feel he may of been burnt out by the end of last season so l think it’s good to have these options.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
The question isn’t Mayor for Broom. It’s Mayor for Camara.

And then the issue is the running, energy & pressing that Camara gives you will be lost. How Will this change things.

The reason Camara was never signed by a top league one club l believe was his final ball. His composure in the final third let’s him down. An example of this was the miss in first half and then in second half after an excellent break from the half way line he wasn’t aware of Jephcott free in the centre of the box.

l mean l love him as a player. Yet l feel he may of been burnt out by the end of last season so l think it’s good to have these options.
I feel like Mayor brings more offensively than Camara and Camara more defensively than Mayor. I really like both, but with the way the team is currently playing/gelling I'd be annoyed if Mayor just came back in for Camara.

Reactions: Tonka
Mar 14, 2009
I feel like Mayor brings more offensively than Camara and Camara more defensively than Mayor. I really like both, but with the way the team is currently playing/gelling I'd be annoyed if Mayor just came back in for Camara.
Eventually we will get injuries & suspensions as the season unfolds.

We will get to see Mayor, Randell, Law etc… and see if the how if effects the team for better or worse.

We need to see Broom & Mayor play together. It could mouth watering. It could be a defensive disaster.

l feel it Broom shows us the type of level now we need to recruit at if we are to become a top 10 league one club. Not only does he have a streak of creativity but he works his socks off.

However, to single Broom out when Houghton, Wilson, Galloway have brought in a positive impact seems unfair perhaps.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I would love to see both playing in the side at the same time! Not sure how we could accommodate them both but it would be exciting. Broom has some engine for sure and he was excellent on Saturday but I’ve always been a DM fan too. If RL is only going to play one of them then DM has his work cut out to win his place back

Reactions: davie nine and IJN

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mayor/Sarcevic - Mayor/Broom. Sarcevic blossomed with the space created by the doubling up on Mayor and I believe that it would work even better with Broom. Box to box duracell bunny alongside technically brilliant trickster, mouthwatering and what a problem for opposition defenders.

Oct 20, 2015
We are in a privileged position to have Mayor in our squad and competing for a place. Much as it's tempting to sell, I think he's worth more to us as backup when injuries bite. Or as an impact sub as others have said. Things change and maybe one day we'll be saying Broom or Houghton need a rest (not in their current form though).

As far as I know we don't need the money, so surely he's better with us than against us?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Danny Mayor is a great player, but Broom brings something different and is much more tenacious and direct. I’m sure Ryan Lowe is enjoying the conundrum of how to employ both in his team. Neither are prolific in front of goal though.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Danny Mayor is a great player, but Broom brings something different and is much more tenacious and direct. I’m sure Ryan Lowe is enjoying the conundrum of how to employ both in his team. Neither are prolific in front of goal though.
We don't need Broom (or Mayor) to be prolific though. Look how Broom set up Ryan Law for the third goal v Weds with a perfectly weighted pass - that's what he does.

There was a very similar situation a few minutes earlier with Hardie inside the box who had Jephcott free on his left for a tap-in. Broom would have passed to Jeffers, whereas Hardie went for goal with a sort of outside of the boot scuff which bobbled wide. No particular criticism of Hardie - he's scored enough to be entitled to go for goal, but it wasn't the right decision on that occasion. You don't have to be prolific to win games.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
We don't need Broom (or Mayor) to be prolific though. Look how Broom set up Ryan Law for the third goal v Weds with a perfectly weighted pass - that's what he does.

There was a very similar situation a few minutes earlier with Hardie inside the box who had Jephcott free on his left for a tap-in. Broom would have passed to Jeffers, whereas Hardie went for goal with a sort of outside of the boot scuff which bobbled wide. No particular criticism of Hardie - he's scored enough to be entitled to go for goal, but it wasn't the right decision on that occasion. You don't have to be prolific to win games.
Fair enough, but one of the biggest criticisms of Mayor is lack of goals. I hope Broom improves his scoring rate too. Perhaps prolific was the wrong word, but you know what I was getting at.

Reactions: FourMarkGreen

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
Not many, just a couple short of Mayor! Difference is number of games played! Can't ever see mayor getting back in at the expense of Broom!!

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Not many, just a couple short of Mayor! Difference is number of games played! Can't ever see mayor getting back in at the expense of Broom!!
I think it will happen if he gets an injury or bookings - then it will be DM’s shirt to lose or RL will find a way to play both