Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
With a view to a purchase.
Brilliant news.

A little miffed at SignalsPast comment saying he could go back to Peterborough in January

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Fifa are in negotiations to release players to red list countries for the next international break in early October so Camara might be away playing for Guinea-Bissau.
This is when Mayor might get his chance to start games either in Camara's position or in his usual position with Broom switching to the right.
The same applies for George Cooper.

Camara will also be away for at least 3 weeks in January playing in the Africa Cup of Nation's.

Reactions: Deacster
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
It was mentioned on another thread but Bannon for Wednesday had the same effect for them as we usually get from Mayor. A fantastic player with great finesse and guile. However time and again slows down attacks and weakens intensity.

For me Broom is ahead of Mayor at this point. Whilst not having the same close ball wizardry that Mayor possesses, Broom’s speed of thought and energy suits what Lowe is trying to create. I would be happy if we could afford a contract.

Reactions: saxman and Tugboat

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Cash in on him in January?
Nope I think we need all the good players we can, it’s a darn long season and we don’t have the largest squad. DM will get back in sooner or later and we will be glad of him - injury, suspension, absence through international games etc will dictate.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I’ll be very disappointed if Lowe reintroduces Mayor (and Ennis) back into the starting XI once they’re available again. I do believe that they are the most talented attacking players that we have but the rest of the team have been brilliant without them. Dropping Broom or Camara on current form is unthinkable.

Reactions: saxman and Tonka

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Its a great position to be in where we do not have to rush injured players back into the team. Mayor is a fantastic player and I cant wait to see him playing again, but agree its important that we don't upset the balance of how we are playing just to get him back in the team, I am sure an appropriate moment will occur when he can be introduced. I would personally love to see him in a fluid 3-3-3-1 / 3-1-5-1 in away games.

Reactions: Ray Stidwell
Oct 14, 2015
How many times has it been posted on here once the team sheet has been released “the bench looks weak”. Having the likes of DM and Ennis on the bench is a lot of experience and talent to call on.

Oct 31, 2015
I have always been a DM fan. The early problem for him was being put up alongside GC10 which has stuck. They are different players.

Saying all that Broom is exactly what's needed in our midfield and he is superb. DM will have to bide his time and if we have people like him on the bench waiting it bodes well👍👍

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d still love to see Broom and Mayor play together personally with Mayor LM and Broom RM.

Reactions: Doyley43

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
How many times has it been posted on here once the team sheet has been released “the bench looks weak”. Having the likes of DM and Ennis on the bench is a lot of experience and talent to call on.

The bench was so much stronger v SW that we were able to drop our (previously) third choice striker. 😀

Apr 1, 2009
It's a long season, and there will be opportunities for Mayor to start. Untilthen, a very handy bench option.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I know this thread is about Mayor, but Broom gives every impression of a player who is loving his football with the club, the manager, his teamates, the supporters. Sometimes things just click, maybe the way they haven't quite so far - almost, but not quite - for Mayor.

If this continues all season, my money is on Broom signing on permanently. I'd love that.

Last edited:
Reactions: philevs and Tonka