Danny Mayor | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Danny Mayor is certainly marmite

I am looking forward to seeing him back in the team alongside Va Va Voom - can they play together, will they compliment eachother

Food for thought for RL

Danny only managed 1 & a bit games before is injury so he will be a new signing & no doubt he will be chomping at the bit to get back on the pitch

RL will do what is in the best interest of the team

So i guess we will just have to watch this space

Nov 10, 2010
This is Litterally what people were moaning at that argyle didnā€™t have a squad now they have a squad people are moaning.
Logic would dictate that players like Mayor, Cooper, Ennis and co when fit will be rotated to keep the squad fresh for the whole season.

I think the game on Tuesday was dying for Cooper, Ennis and Mayor to contribute significantly as a lot of players looked leggy.

Anyone that wants mayor to leave: a play who recently signed a contract and committed to argyle is crazy.

Just appreciate we have all of these players available and a very good squad assembled to fight for promotion by Ryan Lowe.

every top team has a good squad and itā€™s rotated depending on fitness, injuries and the opinion we are playing against.

COYG

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
How can you say Mayor lacks any more commitment than any other player!?
How can you say Mayor lacks any more commitment than any other player!?
Iā€™m comparing him to Broom and Camara in this thread. If you canā€™t see the difference then I donā€™t need to debate further. Iā€™ve acknowledged Mayors talent, but I donā€™t see a Championship player. Sorry.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
In defence of DM, I think he works extremely hard and always plays with commitment, both going forward and chasing back. He just isn't very good at defending. He wasn't 'frozen out' by Sheffield U's Premier defence last season was he, so we shouldn't assume that he couldn't step up a level again? I remember someone posting early last season that he would struggle in this league but he clearly hasn't. I have a lot of belief in him but I agree that the end product does need to improve.
Mate, Iā€™m a fan of Mayor to a point. I get so frustrated at the blind alleys he runs up frequently. His lack of end product and stifling of momentum. Broom however is far more direct, pacey and aggressive. All of which is making us play at a higher intensity causing havoc.

Feb 13, 2021
Danny Mayor is excellent and I donā€™t understand the negative comments heā€™s getting! As for his assists you never see the full picture! Grant had 10 assists last season and most of them were from receiving the ball from DM before he crossed it! How many chances did he lay on and the chance was missed? As for scoring defo need for improvement, as for defending heā€™s not great but is that high up on his responsibility list? He is a different kettle of fish compared to Broom who has his own attributes! We are not as creative down the left without him and thatā€™s a fact!

Oct 31, 2015
I thought bringing DM on yesterday was a mistake. Pans was playing Ok and when Danny came on it changed the midfield dynamic. I know he's been out for a while but I think the team have moved on since he has been out.

The movement across the midfield has been a joy at times and DM10 doesn't play that way or that quick. I know he is returning from injury but I just don't think he fits into this all action midfield anymore. I hope I'm wrong because I am a fan of his

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Danny Mayor is excellent and I donā€™t understand the negative comments heā€™s getting! As for his assists you never see the full picture! Grant had 10 assists last season and most of them were from receiving the ball from DM before he crossed it! How many chances did he lay on and the chance was missed? As for scoring defo need for improvement, as for defending heā€™s not great but is that high up on his responsibility list? He is a different kettle of fish compared to Broom who has his own attributes! We are not as creative down the left without him and thatā€™s a fact!
Totally agree.

Reactions: chester

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I thought bringing DM on yesterday was a mistake. Pans was playing Ok and when Danny came on it changed the midfield dynamic. I know he's been out for a while but I think the team have moved on since he has been out.

The movement across the midfield has been a joy at times and DM10 doesn't play that way or that quick. I know he is returning from injury but I just don't think he fits into this all action midfield anymore. I hope I'm wrong because I am a fan of his

I donā€™t agree mate, I thought Pan had a pretty quiet game and didnā€™t look his energetic self. I thought Lowe bringing on Mayor for Pan was a good sub tbh firstly for adding more attacking impetus down the left and the right (because Broom offers more attacking threat at RM than Pan does imo) and it also put proper competive minutes into Danny Mayors legs as he was bound to be a bit rusty. I actually thought Mayor did ok for me, he beat his opponent a few times and got in one decent cross where had there been an Argyle player gambling at the far post it could have been a goal and he also dragged defenders to mark him freeing up space for other players including Broom on the right. Only my opinion of course but I think having DM involved will only give us more ammunition and something else for opposing managers to think about when trying to stop us.

NLG

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
Agree, Broom on the right meant we had a threat on both sides, love Pan but he was off his game yesterday IMO. Have to say, watching the game again, Conner had a great game yesterday and with him on the left with Mayor, and Garrick on the right with Broom, we would frighten a lot of teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: saxman
May 17, 2012
I donā€™t agree mate, I thought Pan had a pretty quiet game and didnā€™t look his energetic self. I thought Lowe bringing on Mayor for Pan was a good sub tbh firstly for adding more attacking impetus down the left and the right (because Broom offers more attacking threat at RM than Pan does imo) and it also put proper competive minutes into Danny Mayors legs as he was bound to be a bit rusty. I actually thought Mayor did ok for me, he beat his opponent a few times and got in one decent cross where had there been an Argyle player gambling at the far post it could have been a goal and he also dragged defenders to mark him freeing up space for other players including Broom on the right. Only my opinion of course but I think having DM involved will only give us more ammunition and something else for opposing managers to think about when trying to stop us.
He had zero positive impact. i like the guy but he was playing right in front of us and was blowing hard after 5 mins. he slowed down attacks with his classic ball control and could not make a challenge. Great to have seen him come on when coasting but not at that point. A little unfair on him.

Reactions: philevs

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
In hindsight maybe Randell would have been better as a replacement. His halftime long range passing was scintillating.

On that note, how comes tye subs donā€™t sit in on the HT team talk? Would it not be beneficial to see what the changes would be or tactically tweaks in case they come on?

Reactions: philevs

OnicknowlePete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I think we will need everyone fit and raring to go for the rest of the season, no way can Pan and Broom play 90 every game without them struggling, it is a long old season, and we defo need Danny Mayor back up to speed, hopefully he gets more minutes on Tuesday along with George Cooper possibly, especially as we might have further injuries to deal with,
Pete

Reactions: chester

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
In hindsight maybe Randell would have been better as a replacement. His halftime long range passing was scintillating.

On that note, how comes tye subs donā€™t sit in on the HT team talk? Would it not be beneficial to see what the changes would be or tactically tweaks in case they come on?
I would think they were better off on the pitch. Wouldn't the manager or his staff explain to a player just before the time he was about to come on what they wanted of him?

Jun 27, 2021
I think a few people are hoping and waiting for him to fail.. he wasnā€™t sharp but you can see in that brief spell a little of what we have been missing in tight games, thatā€™s where he will make the difference. Pan is a breath of fresh air and one of my fave players but people will ignore his flaws and there is a couple cause of his work rate and energy.. think we are blessed with at least three midfielders with different skill sets to beat teams in this division, lowe has now got to use the right players for the right games.

Reactions: ealinggreen
Oct 5, 2013
I'd like to see DM played on the right with Broom staying on the left, or certainly this combo used as an option.