Apr 25, 2016

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
But these younger players can learn from him, he’s experienced, he’s a winner, he’s successful.
Marvyn is just on a wind up. CR will show every young player there how you need to be if you want to be the best.

Reactions: Argyleloyal

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
He is too selfish, only looking after himself. To self centred.
That’s an interesting take seeing it was the United players and manager that worked with him that were all on the phone telling him to rejoin them. Still, Marvyn from Plymouth knows what it’s like to play with Ronaldo. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
He plays for Manure...
Marvyn knows that though. It’s a strange game he plays where he calls something that we all know as one thing as something else. I like it though so I’ll join in. Thanks for introducing me to it Marvyn. 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: Ponty
Sep 25, 2010
Marvyn knows that though. It’s a strange game he plays where he calls something that we all know as one thing as something else. I like it though so I’ll join in. Thanks for introducing me to it Marvyn. 🤗
What ???

Mar 14, 2009
I will be interested to see how the physicality of the Premier league impacts his game.

The thing is the problem isn’t Utd’s team. It’s Ole. If you watched a week last Sunday you would see his team be battered by a Wolves team where the result was simply determined by a good De Gea performance and some inept Wolves finishing.

They have some wonderful players. Yet they have no real engine in midfield. Matic, Fred or McTominay. Says it all in where their problem lyes. A complete disregard for Van Der Beek for an area surely that is crying out for a better player on the ball.

Ole shoves Pogba out to left midfield simply because he doesn’t trust him in central midfield. This not to say he doesn’t play well but he trusts Fred more than Pogba to play in the CM position.

If you get to watch Utd play, the no9 position isn’t a great role in the way the teams plays under Ole. CanvanI was excellent for Utd last season. I’m not sure how much better Ronaldo will play. Canvani has been fantastic given he often had poor service.

Ronaldo will no doubt inspire those around him. Yet the guy is 36. Yes he looks in top physical condition but looking good doesn’t mean his body will stand up any better to the rigours of premier league football.

l am sure he will score goals. Especially against lower opposition teams. Yet it’s nothing CanvanI wasn’t already doing. The other issue is they have a major talent in Greenwood. This move doesn’t help his development.

This is a sentimental signing. It’s a home coming. The Glaziers have pulled an absolute rabbit out of the bag with this one because it stops fans, momentarily, moaning about the dividends being taken out the club.

Go back to Europa league final. Look at the players Utd had. What cost them the game was Ole. Whilst Emery was being pro active and making subs, Ole was doing nothing. The game drifted by. Tactically there are major questions marks over him. One that may prevent them getting a 21st title.

Ronaldo is a shiny new toy. Yet look under the bonnet and there is no engine to this team. Plus its rudderless. Yes this team will get top four with ease. Yet Utd fans expect to win trophies. In the crucial moments will having Ronaldo really close the gap on a Chelsea or Man City?

This isn’t a player in his prime like Chelsea brought in Lukaku. This isn’t Dortmund‘s Haaland a few years away from his prime. This is a great player, unfortunately at the end of his career.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2009
Southway
He will play because he is better than anyone else United have in that position. That’s how it works.
Totally agree , and he’ll be good for the kids to look up to. Rather than see how others like Pogba conduct themselves , Ronaldo is a model professional.

as for comparing him with Messi , I think Ronaldo coming back to England sets him apart from Messi.
he’s done it in England , Spain , and Italy and now having another spell here. As well as rising to the occasion with his country.
Messi has only been in Spain and now retired to France.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Messi, is a far better player than the old guy.

As for the old guy inspiring the Manure youngsters, don’t
Great insight Marv.