Cristiano Ronaldo. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Am I the only one who is slightly baffled by this one? I'm not sure what problem is being solved by the signing of Ronaldo. They already have one brilliant but ageing striker in Edinson Cavani, and are heavily reliant on their ability to break with pace. It's hard to imagine CR7 mucking in with the defensive work or leading the press. Ronaldo is still absolutely deadly, but this presumably means that the brilliant Mason Greenwood will be shunted out to the wing instead of being able to break through the middle for instance. And I would imagine that he'll insist on taking all of the free-kicks, despite Bruno's brilliance and his own rather mixed record.

Another vanity signing to add to their collection. Another Alexis Sanchez perhaps? I can understand why City passed up the chance to take him.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Vanity signing? If you have the chance to sign the best to ever play the game you sign him, simple as that I’d say.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure I agree that it’s a ‘vanity signing’. If you’re offered the chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo you don’t turn that down.

This caps an excellent transfer window for United. There’s nowhere for Solskjaer to hide now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£71,000,000 deal over 2 years.

mom sure they will make half of that back on sponsors, merchandise sales etc plus his 25 goals a season.

No brainer really.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
£71,000,000 deal over 2 years.

mom sure they will make half of that back on sponsors, merchandise sales etc plus his 25 goals a season.

No brainer really.

At one point yesterday their share price went up by like £212 million

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Juventus bench warmer.. think I'll pass on one of the world's best.. but not the best as he's crap in defence and goal

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Nov 18, 2011
A first choice centre midfield pairing of Fred and McTominay for Man U means that they won't win anything this season with Ronaldo.

Aside from his goals he really doesn't bring much to the table nowadays.

• Haha
Reactions: Daz