Covid testing | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Covid testing

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Leaving for a short holiday next Friday and, apparently, I have to complete a passenger locator form for the Government before coming back. Part of the form requires details of how you will complete the Day 2 (after return) Covid test and reference number of your test booking otherwise you can't complete the form. There are details of authorised testers, and all above £50, but no details as to where they are. If you can pick up and drop off the test it can be much cheaper but this is not geopgraphically convenient as they all seem to be at least 200 miles away. Anyone know of a testing lab in South Devon for pick up and drop of of Day 2 test?

May 16, 2016
I've used Randox via Ryanair. Cost approx £43 with a voucher. There's a dedicated drop box at the services in Saltash, 2pm pick up. Got the results back very quickly.

I think there's another one at a couriers depot on one of the Plympton area Industrial Sites.

May 16, 2016
Trying to find one via the Gov. Site is difficult as they still allow the ones that advertise from less than £2 but charge over £80. I think a lot are resellers that just act as an intermediary between you and an official tester.

I ignore the ones with "123" and "ABC" in their names. Trying to get to the top of the search lists !

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Guiri Green. Superb info, just narrowing down Randox, even filched a coupon code online. They have a drop box in Kingskerswell (about 4 miles from me) so this could work. Just seen that the Government have said that they may reduce the testing requirement but haven't said when. Likely to be 22nd October - the day I get back!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm off to the UAE for tend days in November, I'm all over this thread.

Thanks for the info guys.

May 16, 2016
Guiri Green. Superb info, just narrowing down Randox, even filched a coupon code online. They have a drop box in Kingskerswell (about 4 miles from me) so this could work. Just seen that the Government have said that they may reduce the testing requirement but haven't said when. Likely to be 22nd October - the day I get back!
Same here, I'm back and forth a few times to / from Malaga at the start of half term. I doubt the PCR day 2 will drop to Lateral Flow before then. At least double vaccinated / Under 18s don't need an Antigen to get back to the UK now. A few Euros saved at least.

The Randox drop box is easily missed. Hopefully if you use one, it's easy to find !

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Government's ambition is to have lateral flow for Day 2 by end of month (to capture the end of half term returns). Based on previous information updates, I imagine there won't be a lot of notice.

May 16, 2016
Good news today that a pre-registered Lateral Flow test will soon replace the PCR. Not sure if it will be the free ones we can get, if not, the cynic in me suggests the costs of a commercial LFT is about to rocket !

Chap on the TV did suggest that if positive, the free Govt PCR test would then be taken, as it is now.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Reactions: Guiri Green