Council ready to step in to help ... if needs be | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Council ready to step in to help ... if needs be

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
So there we have it from Brenda - the classic chicken and egg situation is holding everything up.

The bidders will not conclude the deal without clearance from the League, and the League will not give that clearance until the bidders reveal who they are (which they won't).

What a shambles Brenda has got us into. No wonder he is losing sleep - so he should be!

Stand by JB, and the resue plan - JB is our last hope, because I am losing all hope for the Heaney jokers.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
That report is a real mess - disjointed, incomplete quotes - reads like a first draft to me. Still Guilfoyle's attitude seems to bending a bit.

Sep 3, 2009
The Doctor":fhbcu2iv said:
That report is a real mess - disjointed, incomplete quotes - reads like a first draft to me. Still Guilfoyle's attitude seems to bending a bit.

That's what I took from it - starting to backtrack - hardly TINA any longer is it? Sounds more like they're moving into position to work on Plan B to me.

Oct 25, 2006
Peverell
The Doctor":h58t5pdp said:

Agreed - horrible! This should not have ended up online, but there is a more complete and (hopefully) structured version in today's Herald.

B

bizzay1

So, what happens when we reach Aug 5th and the s & p agreement "falls away" are we stuck with no new players ? or do we get special dispensation because none of the players we have "signed" have actually signed yet or am I getting confused ? How is any "rescue plan" going to be implemented in 24 hours ?? This just gets worse and worse

Sep 3, 2009
bizzay1":2y20gkh3 said:
So, what happens when we reach Aug 5th and the s & p agreement "falls away" are we stuck with no new players ? or do we get special dispensation because none of the players we have "signed" have actually signed yet or am I getting confused ? How is any "rescue plan" going to be implemented in 24 hours ?? This just gets worse and worse

Could they play as volunteers?

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
1) BG gave PB status to the best offer. Right thing to do.
2) BG can't do anything until 5th August. Legally binding, not his fault.
3) BG is losing sleep. I am not surprised.

Don't blame BG, Ridsdale is behind this whole stinking mess, i hope the rescue plan is needed and i trust that those involved will be straight on the phone to Michael Dunford so that we can get some professionalism back at the top of the club.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
This process has been nothing short of comical. Comical on the fact that the man in charge has failed to lay down firm decisive deadlines and criteria to be meet.

You can not go into a business such as lead administrator and be so laid back and let people move the goalposts you've tried to errect as these PB's have done.

If this deal collapses there's only one man to blame for his sheer inability to be strong in decision making and standing firm on his objectives. He has well and truly opened himself up as a man that can be bossed about with ease.

Carrot

O

oggyale

It also says that Brent sees Plan A as the best solution for Argyle,and it also says that the Council wish the current bid well,but are not ruling anything in or ruling anything out at the moment.

If Plan A falls away,then the players who have agreed to sign will walk away,surely. That would leave the club in a situation where it may not be able to compete in League Two. Because i think it would be very hard to sign anymore players with all the uncertainty surrounding Plan B.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
oggyale":3skgadxr said:
It also says that Brent sees Plan A as the best solution for Argyle,and it also says that the Council wish the current bid well,but are not ruling anything in or ruling anything out at the moment.

If Plan A falls away,then the players who have agreed to sign will walk away,surely. That would leave the club in a situation where it may not be able to compete in League Two. Because i think it would be very hard to sign anymore players with all the uncertainty surrounding Plan B.

Or are signed using the money that has recently come into the club via Season Ticket sales perhaps? If that is a possibility.

O

oggyale

The Doctor":1lsjvccb said:
oggyale":1lsjvccb said:

Or are signed using the money that has recently come into the club via Season Ticket sales perhaps? If that is a possibility.

Would that be enough to pay wages until a Plan B deal is completed though.