Could Stapleton be involved?? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Could Stapleton be involved??

G

Greenskin

I'm probably being thick here,but why would anyone take out a lease on a piece of ground and let it go to rack and ruin? Were the cricket ground and the "Goals " complex inseparable when the lease was negotiated?

R

Rich158

big-green":30lj4jlq said:
As I stated on another thread Stapleton only have a lease, The NW tried this by offering Harper Park lease for the Parks Department site. All the land is own by PCC, you cannot build a major development by only having a lease; it will at sometime revert back to the owner of the land sometime in the future.

Our ViV on a number of time stated No PCC land In Centre Park will be used in any of their development.

Bang on, but with all the nuances and strategic choice of words nothing can be taken for granted.

Hence the desire to know the exact footprint from the PB's plans. It would actually be some transparency.

It is not uncommon to submit plans which encompass lands which are not 'owned'.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
Peter_dout":3rmv61n9 said:
Hence the emotional blackmail from KH and Abe getting cold feet. This was something the Penzance Pirate was very right about. The attempt to use PAFC as bait to get the council toilet them make lots of money off land YOU should own as citizens of Plymouth.
Not potty trained, yet? :)

Apr 1, 2009
pilgrimpaul":1rxqld2c said:
Is there a reason why this hasnt been moved to rumours? :)

Possibly because the thread title asks a question, rather than starting a rumour.

Nov 12, 2003
totnes comie mike":19e9k2gn said:
wouldnt bother me in the slightest and yes i know iam the only one who thinks that way,but some of my best argo memorys under that chairman,dont do the blame game,

I have respect for Paul Stapleton- he is an Argyle fan.
He made an error of judgement selling the club to those charlatans, but otherwise was an excellent chairman.

It was Kagami/Synan/Todd/Gardner who need lynching. They seem to be getting away lightly.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
lunarjetman":30e46ft5 said:
totnes comie mike":30e46ft5 said:
wouldnt bother me in the slightest and yes i know iam the only one who thinks that way,but some of my best argo memorys under that chairman,dont do the blame game,

He made an error of judgement selling the club to those charlatans, but otherwise was an excellent chairman.

It was Kagami/Synan/Todd/Gardner who need lynching. They seem to be getting away lightly.

You forgot to add he did not know what was going on :roll:

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
Peter_dout":3hba8yvw said:
lunarjetman":3hba8yvw said:
totnes comie mike":3hba8yvw said:

Yeah massive error of judgement. How much did he pocket? Poor bloke. :roll:

We all talk about him pocketing money, but then again playing devils advocate here, how much did he lose?

Apr 4, 2004
I have some great memories of Argyle under his stewardship. But the whole developing the property instead of concentrating on be a football club started under his watch. Maybe he wasn't as guilty as some during the SRG spell but he invited all those people here. SRG, Todd, Kajami, and now Ridsdale. I know he is green through and through but he made some dreadful mistakes and I hope he doesn't ever get involved again.

Oct 8, 2008
Any modicum of respect I may have had for the white haired one completely disappeared when he did those Herald interviews a few months ago. I had assumed he was on the periphery and not too involved but it appears he was involved as he thought if SRG was the real deal Argyle getting to the Premier league was secondary to him trousering a lot of our money.

Why Mr S? Had your eye on a nice Dubai property?

& that was the charm offensive? :eek:

Too greedy by far & should have left the board when he had the chance.

Not welcome.

:mrgreen:

R

rich

Peter_dout":7oo3qpyj said:
lunarjetman":7oo3qpyj said:
totnes comie mike":7oo3qpyj said:

Yeah massive error of judgement. How much did he pocket? Poor bloke. :roll:
I'd "LOL" if it wasn't so damned true... :cry:

O

oggyale

The meltdown at Argyle started with the selling of the team Holloway had. We could have done a Blackpool.

Apr 1, 2009
oggyale":1iriinmo said:
The meltdown at Argyle started with the selling of the team Holloway had. We could have done a Blackpool.

We could have, yes. However we lost a lot of money in the year prior to that, and had we not done a Blackpool our decline could have accelerated. We will never know.