• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Politics. The Govt - well, Boris - is scared s**tless of their back-benches, especially with their more libertarian leaning, so that's why the pretty much crumbled and lifted all restrictions. They talk about applying common sense in using masks, but how many Tory MPs were wearing them in the Commons yesterday when Sajid Javid gave his speech yesterday (as many mask-wearing Labour MPs on the opposite side of the House pointed out)? How many Tories will be wearing masks in the up coming party conference?

🤦‍♂️🥴

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Maybe instead of hanging one every word from the government, the public should just use some common sense. I wore my mask at Argyle in the queue, whilst traversing inside the ground and when queuing to leave. The only time I removed it was when sat in my seat but I was in the minority and saw only a handful of people with masks. Just because we’re told that we don’t have to, doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t.

Nov 15, 2011

🤦‍♂️🥴
So the virus doesn't jump on to someone if it knows it's one of your mates. Wow they could've told us sooner.

Meanwhile the SoS for work and pensions tells the poorest workers to do 2 more hours to pay for the UC cut - it would actually take 9 hours cos of UC restrictions, and they're already working full time - and Johnson says he will go ahead with the NI cut which will cost a nurse £1,700 while ensuring Johnson and millionaire mates get their care home costs paid. They're just trolling us now.

But wear a mask, no not me, you.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
So the virus doesn't jump on to someone if it knows it's one of your mates. Wow they could've told us sooner.

Meanwhile the SoS for work and pensions tells the poorest workers to do 2 more hours to pay for the UC cut - it would actually take 9 hours cos of UC restrictions, and they're already working full time - and Johnson says he will go ahead with the NI cut which will cost a nurse £1,700 while ensuring Johnson and millionaire mates get their care home costs paid. They're just trolling us now.

But wear a mask, no not me, you.

I called the NI rise wrong at the time.

Totally disproportionate impact on lower income earners as is the UC cut for those most affected in lower income bands.

Nothing political, it's what is actually happening in real time.

Who's advising HMG?

It's almost like Boris isn't really paying attention, can't be bothered or both 🤔

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Politics. The Govt - well, Boris - is scared s**tless of their back-benches, especially with their more libertarian leaning, so that's why the pretty much crumbled and lifted all restrictions. They talk about applying common sense in using masks, but how many Tory MPs were wearing them in the Commons yesterday when Sajid Javid gave his speech yesterday (as many mask-wearing Labour MPs on the opposite side of the House pointed out)? How many Tories will be wearing masks in the up coming party conference?

And if you want an idea of the hold the back-benchers has over Boris et al:

https://twitter.com/ukiswitheu/status/1437847504503062530

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Not sure if that was supposed to be linked Joe - if it was, it didn't work (for me at least).

Given the inference though, I still maintain that if Whitty, Van Tam. Powis etc. felt that strongly about the Government's direction they would quit. Of that I have little doubt.

Nov 15, 2011
Whitty and Van Tam have stated on many occasions that they advise and politicians decide, it's not within their remit to get involved in political decisions or how and whether their advice is taken up. I'm sure they have retained details of all their advice for any future enquiry.

Nov 15, 2011
Meanwhile Rees-Mogg has said tory MPs don't have to wear facemasks in Parliament (even though it's Government guidance) because they "regularly meet other MPs" and if Labour MPs "worked a bit harder" they wouldn't have to wear them either. These actual people are running the country.

Sep 6, 2006
Meanwhile Rees-Mogg has said tory MPs don't have to wear facemasks in Parliament (even though it's Government guidance) because they "regularly meet other MPs" and if Labour MPs "worked a bit harder" they wouldn't have to wear them either. These actual people are running the country.
Well not really 'running the country ' are they?

Sep 6, 2006
Not sure if that was supposed to be linked Joe - if it was, it didn't work (for me at least).

Given the inference though, I still maintain that if Whitty, Van Tam. Powis etc. felt that strongly about the Government's direction they would quit. Of that I have little doubt.
Don't know how you can be so sure of that.

Nov 15, 2011
Rees-Mogg really plays to his core base 🤦‍♂️

What does he actually do that's productive?
Well he did say those children that burned to death in Grenfell should have shown some common sense and got out earlier.

But come on he does have the common touch as he said “I’m a man of the people, Vox populi, vox dei", as I'm sure his sons Sixtus Dominic Boniface, Alfred Wulfric Leyson Pius, and Peter Theodore Alphege would concur.

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Don't know how you can be so sure of that.
As I said previously BG, just my experience of working in the health sector for 26 years. It’s the way people of a clinical background operate - would never kowtow to a manager/director or PM trying to tell them how to do their job. If they didn’t agree they’d walk IMO.