• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

I’m just hearing on channel 4 news how one in eight people catching the Delta variant in Indonesia are under 15, and 150 children under 5 are dying each week. Huge population I know, but why are we still discussing the question of whether children here should be vaccinated?

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon

Much more accurate PCR tests are to be replaced with the ineffective lateral flow tests.

The mind boggles.

I know many people who tested negative with lateral flow, PCR test - positive first time.

A populist move that will undoubtedly cost lives and increase infections.

I can't make up my mind whether HMG are just out of their depth or truly criminally incompetent?

👱🇬🇧 🤦‍♂️

May 16, 2016

Much more accurate PCR tests are to be replaced with the ineffective lateral flow tests.

The mind boggles.

I know many people who tested negative with lateral flow, PCR test - positive first time.

A populist move that will undoubtedly cost lives and increase infections.

I can't make up my mind whether HMG are just out of their depth or truly criminally incompetent?

👱🇬🇧 🤦‍♂️
Every PCR test I've had has matched up with my Lateral Flow result, as have my UK pre-entry antigen tests. I know many people who have had a similar experience.

I also know of one person who didn't. They didn't die or infect anyone else though.

Blimmin' Tories.

Nov 15, 2011
Highest deaths in Europe, highest new infections rate and daily deaths in Europe and therefore wouldn’t it be a good idea to set an example and follow your own guidance by wearing a face mask in an indoor space like parliament? Naaah do what I say not what I do.

Blimmin tories.

Aug 5, 2015
I seem to remember he government said it followed the data not dates, then promptly followed a series of dates to get us into the position we are in now where Devon and Cornwall have amongst the highest infection rates in the UK. And what amazing decision making went into putting Pakistan and Bangladesh on the red list but didn’t put the country that sits between the two, India, on the red list until it was too late. Hence we now have the Indian variant which we have bequeathed to the world.

Reactions: Pilgrim Joe

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Highest deaths in Europe, highest new infections rate and daily deaths in Europe and therefore wouldn’t it be a good idea to set an example and follow your own guidance by wearing a face mask in an indoor space like parliament? Naaah do what I say not what I do.

Blimmin tories.
On another thread you whinge when I say that you always ‘read what you want to see’. And here we have the perfect example.

You’re say you’re an accountant, yes? So I assume you know that the reason the UK has the highest number of deaths in Europe is due to population size. You know as an accountant (or should do) that the UK has a lower rate per million than some European nations with most in the same ballpark. Indeed the UK has a lower rate than the biggest Western democracy itself.

Yet those more meaningful statistics do not suit your argument so you ignore them and continue to obfuscate. I don’t use these numbers as some sort of morbid competition, rather to give a perfect example of the way you operate.

So, you see what I mean, you ‘read what you want to see’ …. Or perhaps more accurately, use it to post what you want others to see.

Reactions: GreenThing

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Oct 31, 2010
The lateral flow tests are a waste of time.
Three weeks ago I had Covid symptoms so over a two day period I took three lateral flow tests and all were negative. I wasn't convinced so I arranged a PCR test which came back as positive. I immediately took another lateral flow tests just to see and this still showed as negative.

Reactions: Pilgrim Joe
May 16, 2016
And we all went to or watched others at Argyle yesterday where the majority wore no mask and jumped, sang and hugged each other.

But that Boris bloke........

Nov 15, 2011
I know the tories are behind in the polls now- after some on here saying they are
On another thread you whinge when I say that you always ‘read what you want to see’. And here we have the perfect example.

You’re say you’re an accountant, yes? So I assume you know that the reason the UK has the highest number of deaths in Europe is due to population size. You know as an accountant (or should do) that the UK has a lower rate per million than some European nations with most in the same ballpark. Indeed the UK has a lower rate than the biggest Western democracy itself.

Yet those more meaningful statistics do not suit your argument so you ignore them and continue to obfuscate. I don’t use these numbers as some sort of morbid competition, rather to give a perfect example of the way you operate.

So, you see what I mean, you ‘read what you want to see’ …. Or perhaps more accurately, use it to post what you want others to see.
jeez we’ve been through this a million times, the uks rate is higher than all equivalent sized countries except Italy, far higher than larger population like Germany and equivalent like France. For 3 days last week we had the 2nd highest new infections in the WORLD and 200 deaths a day, nowhere in Europe has that.

These are just facts, franks pathetic reading into it what you want to see is his stock response to hearing something he doesn’t like, particularly that his heros are responsible for so many unnecessary deaths of our friends and family.

Nov 15, 2011
And we all went to or watched others at Argyle yesterday where the majority wore no mask and jumped, sang and hugged each other.

But that Boris bloke........
Yeah the actual prime minister who ignores his own guidance and doesn’t wear a mask in parliament, what an example

Nov 15, 2011
Well, several at least. And yet you still don’t (want to) understand. Which is either a) wilful on your part, or b) worrying, given that it’s statistical in nature.
I offer facts you just deny reality cos you’re still in the rabbit hole and not yet ready to admit your heroes have conned you .

you boasted about the vaccine rollout, now we’ve been overtaken by many European countries, told me time and again how except for Germany the other large European countries would catch us up in deaths and rates, drivel.

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I offer facts you just deny reality cos you’re still in the rabbit hole and not yet ready to admit your heroes have conned you .

you boasted about the vaccine rollout, now we’ve been overtaken by many European countries, told me time and again how except for Germany the other large European countries would catch us up in deaths and rates, drivel.
Ooops - touched a nerve then ….. So that’s misrepresentation of my views on this government - and inaccurate attribution… all in one post lol.

Reactions: Greenrod
Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Every PCR test I've had has matched up with my Lateral Flow result, as have my UK pre-entry antigen tests. I know many people who have had a similar experience.

I also know of one person who didn't. They didn't die or infect anyone else though.

Blimmin' Tories.
Nothing to do with politics GG, despite the implication.

I'm always purely following the science.

Lateral flow tests are a confidence trick with questionable accuracy if we are really looking to get on top of the virus.