• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

Andy Tall

NHS Volunteer Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
I see it's just been announced that covid "passports" will be compulsory for entry into nightclubs and other "crowded venues" from September.

Your vaccination status is much harder to fake than your Covid Pass test status on the NHS App.

At the moment the NHS Covid Pass consists of either your vaccination status, proof of antibodies (i.e. recent infection) or proof of negative lateral flow test.

Except you don't have to actually take the lateral flow test. Just order the kits from NHS, and report the test as negative on the NHS Covid App (without actually taking it) and hey presto - you have a Covid Pass valid for 48 hours

May 16, 2016
Your vaccination status is much harder to fake than your Covid Pass test status on the NHS App.

At the moment the NHS Covid Pass consists of either your vaccination status, proof of antibodies (i.e. recent infection) or proof of negative lateral flow test.

Except you don't have to actually take the lateral flow test. Just order the kits from NHS, and report the test as negative on the NHS Covid App (without actually taking it) and hey presto - you have a Covid Pass valid for 48 hours
What sort of irresponsible person would do that ?

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
A selfish, irresponsible person.

Of which there are, sadly, too many.
I was outside a shop a few weeks ago. One person with a lanyard went in and came out empty handed. Her friend said: Let me go and have a look. Put your mask on she said. No he said: just lend me that thing round your neck. She handed over the lanyard, they both laughed heartily and in he went.

QED: A selfish irresponsible person x 2!

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Talking of which: The Madness of Prince Charles!! So the plant whisperer visits Exeter Cathedral today. Announces that he doesn't intend to wear a mask. Went inside, shaking hands, talking up close etc. etc. Not a single person (that I saw on tv) wearing a mask!! Probably considered inappropriate royal etiquette to upset him!! FFS!!

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
T.O Support
Aug 17, 2005
Booked accomadation for holiday in larnaca next March. Left 20 year old granddaughter and boyfriend out of party because she says no to getting jabbed

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
T.O Support
Aug 17, 2005
I take it she doesn't 'do' nightclubs etc.
Well if she didn't it would be one less problem for her but yeah she goes to them. When we were talking about it they were saying about all the clubs etc there whereas me 44 years since last there qith United nations want to see changes.

Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Well if she didn't it would be one less problem for her but yeah she goes to them. When we were talking about it they were saying about all the clubs etc there whereas me 44 years since last there qith United nations want to see changes.

Spent 3 years in Cyprus back in the sixties.According to a group I belong to you will no doubt have a ball , however things ain’t what they used to be.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Talking of which: The Madness of Prince Charles!! So the plant whisperer visits Exeter Cathedral today. Announces that he doesn't intend to wear a mask. Went inside, shaking hands, talking up close etc. etc. Not a single person (that I saw on tv) wearing a mask!! Probably considered inappropriate royal etiquette to upset him!! FFS!!

Queen Bessie #2 will do anything to stop her son becoming King, so it was probably her idea that he shouldn't mask up.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Forgive an old data and information architect, but can someone explain how all these numbers and data snippets are validated?
Some data is absolute, such as deaths, as they are supported by a formal certification process. Some of the other data being quoted appears to be supported by words like... could, possible, may etc.
Most of the open source data available is good at summarising what IS recorded, but there are huge gaps which skew the data.
I'm minded of the old adage of "rubbish in, rubbish out"!

Jan 20, 2004
Not a fan of Johnson (understatement), In fact I loathe the man, but I am with him on vaccine passports for mass gatherings once the whole population has had the opportunity of being fully vaccinated.

They have their freedom and they have a choice, no one is forcing anyone to have the jab, but if they want to participate with the rest of society, but are too selfish to help protect others, then they forfeit some of that freedom.

Reactions: greenpig27
Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
I totally agree about vaccine passports.

My issue with him is that he governs by focus group .......watch lists being the perfect example.

Throw it into the media ..... focus group response .... no one likes it drop it ..... we never said that.

Sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions, but that's leadership.

The constant strapline of referring to following the science - he isn't and never has been as the deceased figures will attest to.

Adding: but a complete contradiction - jabs potentially mandatory, but masks and distancing personal choice - wtf 🥴

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike E and mervyn