• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

Sep 2, 2008
Perhaps we should all start taking the stuff Trump was talking about - hydroxychloroquine. I'm reading reports that it is actually effective against covid after all :shock:

Could Trump have been right when he highlighted it as a possible effective treatment in the early days? When everyone in the scientific community lambasted him and I'm sure a few on here did as well :think:

I wonder how many deaths could have been avoided if people had started taking this treatment?

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Pottypilgrim":34rsf8kc said:
Perhaps we should all start taking the stuff Trump was talking about - hydroxychloroquine. I'm reading reports that it is actually effective against covid after all :shock:

Could Trump have been right when he highlighted it as a possible effective treatment in the early days? When everyone in the scientific community lambasted him and I'm sure a few on here did as well :think:

I wonder how many deaths could have been avoided if people had started taking this treatment?

Nope, there is no evidence that hydroxychloroquine has any affect on Covid. I've seen there was a study in India which suggested it - with another drug - did improve patients recovery by something like 300%, but since then that has been dismissed as there was no data to back it up - and all of the studies with data shows that hydroxychloroquine has zero affect on Covid (if only it were true as I take that daily as part of my drug regime to keep my rheumatoid arthritis under control).

If anything, given the panic over AZ, J&J and the very small risk of death from blood clots, you most definitely don't want to give out hydroxychloroquine to millions of people due the higher risk of heart failure which that drug can induce.

Nov 15, 2011
That's not fair Quinny I saw that press conference, Trump introduced his new medical Guru Professor McLoony who was brandishing the new product from Trump International Treatments. Its called MAGA (Make American Germless Again) and guaranteed to wipe out 99% of brain cells.

Trump said "This tremendous new product is made from snake oil but I have to be very careful about the formula because Sleepy Joe will steal it , like he did the election. Hey Prof someone's stolen my flies".

May 16, 2016
Willis88":3l7h1eh6 said:
It saddens me to watch the stats creep up again, knowing full well there was ample time to take control of this.

We all knew about the Delta variant for a month before travel restrictions came in.

Once again we're being led into another lockdown because of the government's refusal to act quickly.

I feel for everyone who's still losing loved ones to an illness that is so easily prevented by strong leadership

I agree that they appeared slow to restrict travel, however, I think anyone who's played fast and loose with the guidance or failed to adhere to any isolation requirements have also got to take some of the blame. We can't live in a society where the go to response is to just attack the Government. A bit of self responsibility has to play a part.

The baseball bats are primed and ready to start the next onslaught, we know if the end of restrictions are delayed from June 21st, they'll get hammered, as we also know that if we don't delay, they'll be hammered over the rise in new variant cases.

I'd be quite prepared to sit out the delaying of the opening up if the data suggests it's best to. It was a possibility they said might happen back when the roadmap was announced.

Sep 2, 2008
Quinny":2limio53 said:
Guiri Green":2limio53 said:
A bit of self responsibility has to play a part.

And there lies the problem.

Amen to that brother!

Taking personal responsibility is something that seems to be non existent in todays society. Its always someone else's fault.

Nov 15, 2011
Agree with that Potty, Johnson waved in the Indian variant because he wanted to grandstand with Modi, 20,000 unnecessarily came in from India a third of which went into the community untraced. Now the UK has twice as many new cases as any country in Europe, and the lockdown looks like it will be extended. Will Johnson take responsibility? Will he heck.

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pottypilgrim":pvqze5b7 said:
Quinny":pvqze5b7 said:
Guiri Green":pvqze5b7 said:

Amen to that brother!

Taking personal responsibility is something that seems to be non existent in todays society. Its always someone else's fault.

Yep completely. I get so frustrated when I see news articles of people complaining they can't go on holiday. We've grown into a society of "screw everyone else, I want (no sorry am entitled) to do what I want as its someone else's problem"

The government have messed up badly on how they've dealt with this from day one, they set the restrictions and then immediately ignore them, people are only going to follow suit.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Willis88":3c351jmi said:
Pottypilgrim":3c351jmi said:
Quinny":3c351jmi said:
Guiri Green":3c351jmi said:

Amen to that brother!

Yep completely. I get so frustrated when I see news articles of people complaining they can't go on holiday. We've grown into a society of "screw everyone else, I want (no sorry am entitled) to do what I want as its someone else's problem"

The government have messed up badly on how they've dealt with this from day one, they set the restrictions and then immediately ignore them, people are only going to follow suit.

It will be interesting to see how people react with "Freedom Day" pushed back a month due to Boris's dither and delay again.

Nice work dumbass :thumbup: :doh:

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pilgrim_Joe":2hd6i4zo said:
Willis88":2hd6i4zo said:
Pottypilgrim":2hd6i4zo said:
Quinny":2hd6i4zo said:
Guiri Green":2hd6i4zo said:

Amen to that brother!

It will be interesting to see how people react with "Freedom Day" pushed back a month due to Boris's dither and delay again.

Nice work dumbass :thumbup: :doh:

At this point they've now lost control.

Chris Witty said last April "we need to make lockdown 1 work otherwise people will comply less with the next and less with the one after that". We're now potentially cruising toward number 4 and the government still haven't got a clue.

Nov 15, 2011
And on top of Johnson waving in the Indian variant he looks like he’s going to renege on the fantastic oven ready deal which will result in a trade war with the Eu and tariffs on food cars etc

I wonder if we’re getting to the point where the public will finally realise the emperor is naked.

themightykeithfear":te77znmr said:
And on top of Johnson waving in the Indian variant he looks like he’s going to renege on the fantastic oven ready deal which will result in a trade war with the Eu and tariffs on food cars etc

I wonder if we’re getting to the point where the public will finally realise the emperor is naked.

I keep thinking that the next cock-up will be the tipping point, but it just keeps getting worse, with Tories holding a 16point lead. Napoleon asked of each General ‘is he lucky’, and I do believe Johnson’s a lucky devil where somehow events construe to mask his lies or ineptitude. He’s basking in what is possibly the most important post war summit of Democrat leaders, the vaccine’s going well and he’s likely to get the NI border issue resolved before the marching season begins, as an outcome of the summit.

Nov 15, 2011
Mervyn the only way he can get NI resolved without devastating results is to shout down the Brexit loons and align with Eu food and veterinary standards. In reality that should not be a problem as he always says U.K. standards are equal or better than the Eu. However it also means the ECJ being a potential arbitrator and that’s a no no for many of his ministers and mps.

If he doesn’t do this it’s either article 16 and an Eu trade war that will affect food prices and availability and jobs eg farming cars . Or implement the NIP in full and basically cut off NI from the U.K. which he said he will never do.

Regarding the vaccines Europe is catching up quickly and there are more new cases in the U.K. than any other European country. If the variant he waved in proves resistant and spreads people won’t be happy. Once his lies and incompetence actually affects people’s lives I think his appeal could quickly disappear.

May 16, 2016
themightykeithfear":1pal32td said:
Mervyn the only way he can get NI resolved without devastating results is to shout down the Brexit loons and align with Eu food and veterinary standards. In reality that should not be a problem as he always says U.K. standards are equal or better than the Eu. However it also means the ECJ being a potential arbitrator and that’s a no no for many of his ministers and mps.

If he doesn’t do this it’s either article 16 and an Eu trade war that will affect food prices and availability and jobs eg farming cars . Or implement the NIP in full and basically cut off NI from the U.K. which he said he will never do.

Regarding the vaccines Europe is catching up quickly and there are more new cases in the U.K. than any other European country. If the variant he waved in proves resistant and spreads people won’t be happy. Once his lies and incompetence actually affects people’s lives I think his appeal could quickly disappear.

Re. The vaccine catch up, Madrid is only now bringing forward the 2nd jab for 60-69 groups. Over 48s are just now getting a look in.

Of 14000 new cases, some 9000 from January to June were only recently announced. Not quite as efficient as our poor showing it seems.

Nov 15, 2011
They are 2-4 weeks behind the U.K. in most European countries but all older and vulnerable people have had at least the first jab.

The worrying statistic is new cases today

U.K. 7,738 and going up
France 3,972
Italy 1725
Germany 679

And all going down.

If people aren’t getting infected the vaccination numbers aren’t so important. Only in the U.K. are cases going up because Johnson waved the Indian variant in.