• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
themightykeithfear":2m70437e said:
But Franky mate I'm not going to admit I'm wrong when so far I'm right in every respect. All I did was quote figures from worldometers and oxford university. You then predicted the future that you were certain that 4/5 of Italy, Spain, UK, France and Germany would end up in the same ballpark. So far only Italy are near on any measure - all the others have much less total deaths, much lower excess deaths and much lower deaths per million. You've gone to a lot of effort and got very excited for I'm not sure what.

And the UK still has the worst economic outcome of any developed country with a 9.9% drop in GDP.

OK Keithy - I've seen these very unhealthy denial symptoms somewhere else before .

Maybe we should revisit again in another month? Make sure you back up your diary this time. :thumbup: See you then ...

Nov 15, 2011
I didn't have to because I was right as I've just shown you, but by all means try again, even a stopped clock is right twice a day :thumbup:

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Guiri Green":2smqgqj4 said:
When did it become a competition?

Trauma Top Trumps anyone ?

GG - I made it quite clear that it isn't in my mind, hence why I included this in my post this morning which you may have missed:

The aim here is not to say how wonderfully we've done (we haven't), or argue that mistakes haven't been made (they have), or to rejoice in the problems that other countries are suffering (it's appalling wherever it happens). But in that conversation of a month ago you proudly and repeatedly ridiculed my projections, so given you wanted to review after a month and unfortunately seem to have forgotten, I thought I'd oblige."

But having been ridiculed in that conversation of a month ago, I absolutely reserve the right to respond.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Interesting watching the crowd at the 18th green of the Masters. That is social distancing?
They started off spread all round the course but, as the winner approached the final green, they all piled in as they always do! :doh:

As an aside, on this thread:
BG has been grounded for a while. I do admire how others have so manfully stepped up to the plate to fill in for him!! :lol:

Frank Butcher

Foodbank Donor
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Pogleswoody":2r6do5wy said:
Interesting watching the crowd at the 18th green of the Masters. That is social distancing?
They started off spread all round the course but, as the winner approached the final green, they all piled in as they always do! :doh:

As an aside, on this thread:
BG has been grounded for a while. I do admire how others have so manfully stepped up to the plate to fill in for him!! :lol:

Interesting pictures online of Soho and Manchester among other places last night. It does seem as though some people are behaving like it's all over. That said, all this activity is outside and there was no apparent material impact from social gatherings/beaches etc. in the Summer. We will find out in a couple of weeks' time I guess...

As for your last point Pogles, whatever could you mean?

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
T.O Support
Aug 17, 2005
EU citizens letter for vaccination appointment starts

Dear Santa,
Please can I have for christmas

Nov 15, 2011
UK citizens letter to Santa :

Dear Santa can we please have a Government whose incompetence and corruption doesn't result in the UK having the highest deaths in Europe and worst economic harm of any European country and our money to be spent on the PM paying an American pole dancer for a secret 4 year affair while his wife is undergoing cancer treatment.

Sep 25, 2010
Is it me, or does the packed crowds at Edgbaston, for today’s second test, cause a matter of concern.

Not a lot of social distancing going on.

Nov 15, 2011
Martyn its one of those Government trial events , like the Liverpool club event, you have to be tested before and after the day's play

Sep 25, 2010
themightykeithfear":1jcst34w said:
Martyn its one of those Government trial events , like the Liverpool club event, you have to be tested before and after the day's play

Cheers, thanks, tmkf

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Just the obvious word of caution, chaps. Levels here in the SW are still very low - the rate in Devon is still bouncing around the 7 per 100k mark - but after a couple of weeks of no Covid patients here at the RDE we currently have 3 admitted. One of those is of the more dominant 'delta' variant ... and the patient in question has had both jabs. So although the 2 doses doesn't 100% guarantee you against Covid, the assumption was it would protect you from the more serious aspects of the virus: this doesn't (at the moment) seem to be 100% true for this delta variant.

If I were a betting man, given what's happening in "hotspots" around the country, I'd be tempted at the odds of there being a tightening of restrictions in some form in the not so distant future.

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It saddens me to watch the stats creep up again, knowing full well there was ample time to take control of this.

We all knew about the Delta variant for a month before travel restrictions came in.

Once again we're being led into another lockdown because of the government's refusal to act quickly.

I feel for everyone who's still losing loved ones to an illness that is so easily prevented by strong leadership