• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I don't think anyone should be forced to take the vaccine but I don't respect their decision.

If you have to choose between something you know only has a 1 in 12,000,000 of killing you and something that can and has saved millions of lives, and could save the lives of those around you then I don't respect the decision not to save peoples' lives. You can only respect peoples' decisions if they are based on facts and reason and don't potentially harm all of us.
I guess ultimately this is what it boils down to for me. I've always looked at both sides of an argument in my personal and business life and it's served me well, but in this instance we have people where the decision making process seems to be all about what they want and sod everybody else vs the vast majority who not only choose to protect themselves but also everybody else. I can't get past the selfishness of the first group no matter how much I try.

Reactions: Pilgrim Joe
May 16, 2016
I'm quite happy for someone to not have the vaccine, don't want it ?...... don't take it, end of.

It's the seemingly never ending need to tell the world they haven't had it that grinds, along with the mission to convince everyone else not to either.

Reactions: Pilgrim Joe
Dec 9, 2021
I guess ultimately this is what it boils down to for me. I've always looked at both sides of an argument in my personal and business life and it's served me well, but in this instance we have people where the decision making process seems to be all about what they want and sod everybody else vs the vast majority who not only choose to protect themselves but also everybody else. I can't get past the selfishness of the first group no matter how much I try.
Isn't that exactly what you are doing OG? Making a decision based on what you want to do? What you think is best?

Dec 9, 2021
I'm quite happy for someone to not have the vaccine, don't want it ?...... don't take it, end of.

It's the seemingly never ending need to tell the world they haven't had it that grinds, along with the mission to convince everyone else not to either.
I agree 100% GG. Let people decide themselves and live or die by their decision.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Isn't that exactly what you are doing OG? Making a decision based on what you want to do? What you think is best?
Not quite...you missed out the "and sod everybody else" part of the sentence. There is a difference between what I want to do (I don't really want vaccines and I dislike needles) and what I feel I should do to protect myself, my family and friends. The anti vaxxers are only thinking of themselves and what they want, it overrides relationships and civic responsibility.

Reactions: Ave IT
Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
How can people be exercising their freedom of choice with a respiratory virus?

If I wear and mask and have the vaccine it's not something I want to do, it's something I do for the safety and wellbeing of others too.

If I don't do either of those who am I concerned about ....... me!

Politicising masks, refusing to take it to the anti-vaxxers and the whole BS tagline about "freedom of choice" are HMGs biggest failures in my opinion.

They're strategy decisions to divide and polarise and why Boris's legacy on Covid will not be kind - IF the enquiry is free and honest.

Reactions: Ave IT

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Sep 15, 2003
I don’t know all the scientific ins and outs, but my friend has got a dose of covid and it quite unwell. He lives with 3 others, his wife, son and daughter. All four of them are double jabbed and his son is the only one who has had a booster. His son is the only person in the house who hasn’t got it and keeps testing negative.

Make of that what you will.

My granddaughter, in Hayle, caught it from a friend at school. She is too young to have the vaccine.

My son, daughter-in-law and grandson, all fully jabbed up got absolutely nothing! They tested negative throughout the whole period of isolation.

So, anyone want to discuss the efficacy of the jabs?

Reactions: GreenThing
Dec 9, 2021
Yeah I like to drink and drive. The kids I plough through at a zebra crossing need to learn to respect my freedom of choice.
Not a good comparison at all is it.

Drink driving is against the law; refusing a vaccine jab isn’t. You really shouldn’t do it Pogles:confused:

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon

This is so crazy you have to laugh. They bought a drinks fridge to keep bootle cold and regularly had "wine-time Fridays"

This is in the DM which isn't lefty 😱

Aug 5, 2015
I agree up to a point. People should be free to make their own decisions but with certain exceptions. Doctors, dentists, nurses, care workers in fact anyone dealing with patients should have the vaccine. If they really care about patients as I know most do, then they should have it voluntarily. If not they should be made to have it or withdraw from patient care. I know this is happening now but should have been brought about a long time ago. I get the freedom of the individual argument but don’t patients have rights too?

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
My granddaughter, in Hayle, caught it from a friend at school. She is too young to have the vaccine.

My son, daughter-in-law and grandson, all fully jabbed up got absolutely nothing! They tested negative throughout the whole period of isolation.

So, anyone want to discuss the efficacy of the jabs?
I guess there's a lot of different experiences out there.

My brother in law, in his late 50's, caught it last Christmas and he hardly noticed. His wife was clear. Since then they's both had all the jabs. This New Year he caught it again and again it hardly had any effect. This time around his wife caught it and it's left her quite ill, even after all the shots.

Her youngest son, who's 35, refuses the vaccine. He caught it as well (about a week after my brother in law and wife) with hardly any effects.

My partner and myself have been clear all the way through despite mixing with them all over the Christmas period.

The thing I've taken from it is that you're never far away from it, there's possibly a lot of luck involved in terms of catching it, vaccinated or not you can still get it, and that the outcomes are different for different people.

Dec 9, 2021
I agree up to a point. People should be free to make their own decisions but with certain exceptions. Doctors, dentists, nurses, care workers in fact anyone dealing with patients should have the vaccine. If they really care about patients as I know most do, then they should have it voluntarily. If not they should be made to have it or withdraw from patient care. I know this is happening now but should have been brought about a long time ago. I get the freedom of the individual argument but don’t patients have rights too?
They most certainly do.

How is this for an idea though: if patients are being treated by a Doctor that hasn’t been jabbed and the patient is fearful of this then how about changing doctor? Simples.

It’s about taking personal responsibility. People nowadays seem to think that everyone else has to bend over/change etc for them. They don’t. Why not take a bit of ownership for a bleddy change.