• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Coronavirus (merged threads)

I’m genuinely perplexed that anyone can be so stupid as to believe that thousands are dying from the vaccine, and that this has gone un-noticed by the most intensive study by media and science organisations on any subject in my lifetime. Is it like Quanon where some people have a psychological need to believe in dark satanic forces out there working against us, because it somehow makes them feel better?

Dec 9, 2021
Think that’s unfair comment Merv. I don’t think people are stupidly believing. They are just cautious, after all, as many have said, there’s not enough data/science yet. For example, if, post investigation, it turns out that everyone on the Yellow Card Scheme did die as a direct result of receiving the vaccine then thousands will have died.

It’s folly or even arrogance to dismiss it out of hand.

Nov 15, 2011
Think that’s unfair comment Merv. I don’t think people are stupidly believing. They are just cautious, after all, as many have said, there’s not enough data/science yet. For example, if, post investigation, it turns out that everyone on the Yellow Card Scheme did die as a direct result of receiving the vaccine then thousands will have died.

It’s folly or even arrogance to dismiss it out of hand.
If thousands of people had died from taking the vaccine we would know by now.
You have to dismiss such ridiculous claims out of hand or people like Green Bin will continue believing it.

Dec 9, 2021
You have to dismiss such ridiculous claims out of hand or people like Green Bin will continue believing it.
I imagine you’re the kind of person that professes to being able to see both sides of a discussion, well, let this be an example showing that you’re not actually that kind of person at all.

Nov 15, 2011
I imagine you’re the kind of person that professes to being able to see both sides of a discussion, well, let this be an example showing that you’re not actually that kind of person at all.
On many matters there are 2 sides to an argument and I would listen to both. Both are valid when they are conclusions drawn from facts and evidence.

However where the lives of our friends and family are involved and on one side you have the world's medical and scientific experts and on the other side Green Bin making up things like 2,000 people in the UK have died as a direct result of the vaccine, when the actual figure is 5, I'm sorry I can't see that side of the argument.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
You just cant help yourself can you.

So, the actual covid vaccine we are taking hasn't been sufficiently trialled. I go back to the Doctor in the Javid video who said there wasn't enough science.

It is a real risk. You yourself have said people have died. If that's not a risk realising itself then what is?

Oh, but they are genuine reasons, certainly to those that don't want the vaccine, only as I've said before, you are so far up that you really cannot see that.

There really is no point in debating with you. I demonstrate on a couple of occasions that you really are talking in contradictions and yet you still persist in saying that black is white 🤦‍♂️

I'm just going to let you carry on tunnelling yourself further up your a*rse now. Hopefully, you will find a way out.
I've not followed this spat - but if it's people who have disappeared up their own rear ends you should be concerned about then I've got a few in mind.....I nominate the amateur keyboard Googlers and conspiracy theorists who have miraculously become experts.

You know the ones - those types that "do their own research" then reckon they know more than the world's leading scientists. They apparently know more than all those thousands of experts in immunology who have dedicated their lives to studying this life saving discipline and actually conducted the rigorous clinical trials and published their results for peer review all over the world. Then they believe themselves to be mathematical gurus who can analyse the vast quantity of data now available from the hundreds of millions of people now vaccinated. This new found super-power then makes them able to confidently decide that renowned professors of statistics (like David Spiegelhalter) have completely misunderstood & misinterpreted the data about the relative risks. They also now possess a greater insight than nobel prize winners and epidemiologists the world over. Then they pontificate and tell others they have a right to "their opinion" - like it's a debate about income tax rather than a matter of cold, hard scientific fact - and in "their opinion" the scientists are wrong and it's waaaay too dangerous to have a friggin' vaccine even if such selfish bullsh1t creates misery and disrupts the lives for the rest of us

YEP - they're the ones who have "tunnelled up their own a*rses".

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I have decided (unusually) to delete the poster.

Please do NOT quote him from this point onwards.

As I have removed his name, he has no GDPR rights over us. Hence me removing his username.

I would add that the poster ONLY ever commented on this thread.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ
Dec 9, 2021
Not wanting to turn this in to a thread about the poster but did anyone think he/she was being malicious or just ill informed?

The fact he/she thought only Doctors could access the Yellow Card Scheme indicates to me that he/she was just an idle researcher.

Its people like him/her that need to be educated so maybe it would be better to allow them access so others can continue to help them see a different view.

Just a thought.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not up for discussion on this one.

We have duty to ensure such misquoting of data in these times.

Hate to do it, but safer for us, the owners of this site, not to have it.

Reactions: Mike E

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Schuey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Foodbank Donor
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I don’t know all the scientific ins and outs, but my friend has got a dose of covid and it quite unwell. He lives with 3 others, his wife, son and daughter. All four of them are double jabbed and his son is the only one who has had a booster. His son is the only person in the house who hasn’t got it and keeps testing negative.

Make of that what you will.

Reactions: Andy S
Sep 23, 2005
Somewhere in Italy
The font of all knowledge says 5 deaths in the UK. Thats what he's says so I guess it must be true.

As far as your second question goes, I have no idea. I wasn't spouting stats, I was helping someone think of some reasons why some people wouldn't want the vaccine.
Thanks for your help EyeOpener. I'll assume your response was a genuine one but, I'm afraid, has not convinced me at all.
To say the vaccine(s) has 'not been trialled enough' is probably partly true, in that they were needed so urgently that the trials took less time than they normally would. Enough to make me or anyone not want a vaccination? No.
'The vaccine can kill you.' Yes, but is highly unlikely to and less than a multitude of other things that you face and do every single day. Does it stop you doing them? No.
'Doesn't stop you catching covid.' Again, you are playing with facts. No, the vaccine doesn't 100% guarantee you won't catch covid, but it does give you a much better chance of not catching it. Isn't that obvious?

Please give yourself and others around you a better chance.

Reactions: Mike E
Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
European Medicines Agency's Head of Vaccines Strategy, Marco Cavaleri says that too many boosters may lead to a ‘poor immune response’

This could be a concern, but he doesn’t say how many is too many.

Dec 9, 2021
Thanks for your help EyeOpener. I'll assume your response was a genuine one but, I'm afraid, has not convinced me at all.
To say the vaccine(s) has 'not been trialled enough' is probably partly true, in that they were needed so urgently that the trials took less time than they normally would. Enough to make me or anyone not want a vaccination? No.
'The vaccine can kill you.' Yes, but is highly unlikely to and less than a multitude of other things that you face and do every single day. Does it stop you doing them? No.
'Doesn't stop you catching covid.' Again, you are playing with facts. No, the vaccine doesn't 100% guarantee you won't catch covid, but it does give you a much better chance of not catching it. Isn't that obvious?

Please give yourself and others around you a better chance.
It was genuine. I was sharing what I know to be an unvaccinated persons view.

Everybody does a risk balance assessment and whereas you're willing to take the risk that having the vaccine is the safest option others wont.

Surely, in this democratic world we live in, their decision not to have the vaccine has to be respected :unsure:

Nov 15, 2011
It was genuine. I was sharing what I know to be an unvaccinated persons view.

Everybody does a risk balance assessment and whereas you're willing to take the risk that having the vaccine is the safest option others wont.

Surely, in this democratic world we live in, their decision not to have the vaccine has to be respected :unsure:
I don't think anyone should be forced to take the vaccine but I don't respect their decision.

If you have to choose between something you know only has a 1 in 12,000,000 of killing you and something that can and has saved millions of lives, and could save the lives of those around you then I don't respect the decision not to save peoples' lives. You can only respect peoples' decisions if they are based on facts and reason and don't potentially harm all of us.