Convers Sports Initiatives | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Convers Sports Initiatives

These guys are looking for a football club, tried to buy Bournemouth last year, have enquired about Portsmouth, amongst others.

Vladimir Antonov is in the Russian rich list, to be in that you have to be really rich.

Chris Akers, one of the founders, is a former CEO of Leeds United, not sure if thats relevant or not.

M

MylesPAFC

Wouldn't say no to these guys, doubt they will want to invest in us though.

Apr 27, 2006
Chancellor,
that is darn spooky. It reads just like they are going to take us over, the wording is clever and presses all the right buttons.
Is this a guess ? or an educated guess?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It's the usual confusion, Portsmouth when they mean Plymouth and Plymouth when they mean Portsmouth. :lol:

The Doctor":1keesq6t said:
It reads to me as if they are about to buy Portsmouth.

It was quite widely reported that they had an interest in Portsmouth in February this year and this statement was issued in response to that speculation.

It may well be Portsmouth who get their money in the end, but HP is much more attractive as a piece of real estate and what could be done with it, than Fratton Park ever could be.

Read their mission statement.

B

bizzay1

how did you come across that ? just a case iof googling around in your spare time ??

T

Tim Chown

We're much cheaper than Pompey though :)

Akers was CEO at Leeds until Ridsdale arrived in 1998. Whether the handover was amicable or not, I don't know.

G

Green Goblin

The Russian consortium may have been interested since they have been told about a former Russian owner who lost £27M when he became involved in Portsmouth? Or when they heard that the debts of £138M could be effectively slashed. We are minnows.

D

deanthegreenmachine

I like this one, argyle were part of the rusians plan to sabotage englands chances, and in return the russians would invest in argyle...

think jokes aside this may have some legs.....