• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

A

Anonymous

Hi All

I bet you thought that you'd seen the last of these :)

Just a quick note to say that the CP group will be meeting James Brent tomorrow to look at short term engagement with supporters.

The 2 key factors for needing something short term are

1. The Club has a lot of other things to concentrate on so putting together a formal structure would be difficult at this point.

2. The Trust is is a transitional period so also needs time to get policies / strategies in place.

Therefore it seemed common sense for the CP committee to be consulted tomorrow.

In attendance will be the core members of the CP committee. Given that I have now stepped down from the Trust, Gareth Nicholson will be there tomorrow as Warren was unavailable.

As always feedback to supporters will be provided.

Chris

A

Anonymous

Perhaps Chris should have declared that we are being treated to lunch at one of JB's hotels. :greensmile:

THE first perk ever. :lol:

No doubt somebody will be on to fill everyone in on details later in the day.

Sep 29, 2003
IJN":1zti5rbw said:
Perhaps Chris should have declared that we are being treated to lunch at one of JB's hotels. :greensmile:

THE first perk ever. :lol:

No doubt somebody will be on to fill everyone in on details later in the day.

Watch out for Heaney and his minders 'accidentally' being there at the same time as an act of revenge

At least we know why you all did what you did now....to get a seat at the top table

A

Anonymous

:greensmile:

I must admit I forgot them (they were a tad stale though). :lol:

Sep 20, 2003
Bonn
Chris Webb":2k2hauce said:
Hi All

I bet you thought that you'd seen the last of these :)

Just a quick note to say that the CP group will be meeting James Brent tomorrow to look at short term engagement with supporters.

Why?

The 2 key factors for needing something short term are

1. The Club has a lot of other things to concentrate on so putting together a formal structure would be difficult at this point.

Naturally, it's early days.

2. The Trust is is a transitional period so also needs time to get policies / strategies in place.

So let Warren etc get on with it.

Therefore it seemed common sense for the CP committee to be consulted tomorrow.

Why?

In attendance will be the core members of the CP committee. Given that I have now stepped down from the Trust, Gareth Nicholson will be there tomorrow as Warren was unavailable.

As always feedback to supporters will be provided.

Chris

Chris, you did a great job and stood down. The CPers did a great job and "job done".

I thought that the whole idea was that the Trust would be the fans "engagers" with the club. To me this now seems that the CPers are taking over the Trust? I really don't see a need for this as time must be given to Warren etc to come up to speed.

A

Anonymous

Oh dear JV, can you not read between the lines rather than write between them.

The word 'short term' was used for the very reason Chris has described.

JB wants to see us, wants to talk to us and talk about the handover perhaps.

Gareth is there as Woz can't make it.

What do yo expect, JB to disengage with those he has befriended (his word not mine) and sit in front of a single new man.

I'm not sure what you're agenda is, but I know you're not daft, so why such daft questions.

This isn't a time for prevaricating, we need to move on and not sit on our arses waiting for the grass to grow.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
In my view JB has saved OUR club ! :greensmile:

JB says 'jump' ........ we all say ''.. how high''

Anyone needing a tie for lunch I've got loads !!! :lol:

Sep 20, 2003
Bonn
No agenda at all Ian. I just find it strange that there is a need for a short term strategy (I suppose it depends on the interpretation of short term). Let the Trust get on with it. It's only 3 or 4 days since the takeover!

If it's about fundraising, the let the GTs and yourself deal with it.

What "handover" by the way.

I await the feedback and news of any "appointments" (suspicion, not agenda).

If I do have any agenda, it's that I want to see an independent Trust that has it's objectives well defined, and is the official fan's mouthpiece. Then I'll join. At this time, I don't see that.

Jan 18, 2009
The cp'ers the trust , pasoti , chris webb and gt/s are all as 1 and the sooner we engage with jb as the new owner the better

gary gt/s

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
greengenes":2bl5two3 said:
uncle buck":2bl5two3 said:
The cp'ers the trust , pasoti , chris webb and gt/s are all as 1 and the sooner we engage with jb as the new owner the better

gary gt/s

Exactly why find problems when all anyone wants to do is get the Club on its,feet asap .

This.

Sep 28, 2011
tigertony":2zgt225t said:
In my view JB has saved OUR club ! :greensmile:

JB says 'jump' ........ we all say ''.. how high''

Anyone needing a tie for lunch I've got loads !!! :lol:
Couldnt agree more.
The cp wasnt just for christmas,its for life...... :lol:

Jul 16, 2011
Southway
John_Vaughan":26woigdj said:
No agenda at all Ian. I just find it strange that there is a need for a short term strategy (I suppose it depends on the interpretation of short term). Let the Trust get on with it. It's only 3 or 4 days since the takeover!

If it's about fundraising, the let the GTs and yourself deal with it.

What "handover" by the way.

I await the feedback and news of any "appointments" (suspicion, not agenda).

If I do have any agenda, it's that I want to see an independent Trust that has it's objectives well defined, and is the official fan's mouthpiece. Then I'll join. At this time, I don't see that.

J V is right, "it's that I want to see an independent Trust that has it's objectives well defined".
Have the meeting and then sit down and sort the objectives/strategies out. Then publish the results for all to see, after all the fans need to know what is on the agenda for the future. That's assuming it hasn't already been done, but then it couldn't have, because we would all had the chance to see it already.

Hi Ian / J V and the rest

JV has a point about the Trust being independent. I saw the reason for Chris leaving the chair post was because he was too close to the new owner to be effective as a questioning voice.

We have been saved for that we are all truly thankful, but unlike the 'jump, how high' comment I disagree.

The trust can and should raise questions (when necessary), they should be a link between the common fan and the owners, after all we learnt what Argyle mean to so many people and so many people have also done their bit to save our club.

I definately don't have an issue with a meeting tomorrow between the trust and JB, in fact its vital that such meetings take place. JB needs fans to get behind the club as much as possible and the people like Ian and co are just the type of fan that can galvanise our support, learn and understand how we can actively support our club.

JV is right to use this thread to air his fear about how the trust will function, that is a big part of what these boards are all about after all. But at the same time I feel we will all benefit from such a meeting.

Just my musings, ignore as you see fit.

A

Anonymous

Flagman":8ofbz0wk said:

JV has a point about the Trust being independent. I saw the reason for Chris leaving the chair post was because he was too close to the new owner to be effective as a questioning voice.

We have been saved for that we are all truly thankful, but unlike the 'jump, how high' comment I disagree.

The trust can and should raise questions (when necessary), they should be a link between the common fan and the owners, after all we learnt what Argyle mean to so many people and so many people have also done their bit to save our club.

I definitely don't have an issue with a meeting tomorrow between the trust and JB, in fact its vital that such meetings take place. JB needs fans to get behind the club as much as possible and the people like Ian and co are just the type of fan that can galvanise our support, learn and understand how we can actively support our club.

JV is right to use this thread to air his fear about how the trust will function, that is a big part of what these boards are all about after all. But at the same time I feel we will all benefit from such a meeting.

Apart from the first paragraph that's a decent post.

To try and claim in stood down because I was too close to James Brent is a joke.

Firstly I have clearly set out why I stood down. Don't remember that reason anywhere in my post?

Secondly if you knew the pressure that the likes myself/Ian and others had put on JB throughout the process you would realise what a ridiculous comment that is.

James Brent is now the owner of Argyle and should be scrutinised like anyone else. This meeting offers us the chance to look at how to effectively do that in the short term prior to the Club stabilising.

Chris

Will you be at the meeting Chris?

Can't quite make out if you will be or not in your original post. Just wondered if you will still be involved in this despite stepping down from the trust.

Looking forward to seeing what this new role JB has in mind for you. :nworthy:

Hope your enjoying a less stressful week! (with Argyle related things anyway)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Why is there such an objection to the meeting from some individuals...

JB wants to discuss the short term policies with the people that got his bid re-started, as Ian and Chris have stated it's to discuss short term measures whilst the Trust is restructuring after some big departures...

I suspect the Trust just needs some help from "the old crowd" in it's transition period and then it will act independantly in the longer term which is why there will be both representation from the CP and the Trust... :huddle:

It also gives both the CP and Trust another chance to heap further praise and gratitude upon Mr James Brent :lol:

Chris Webb":2tuv1e1l said:
Flagman":2tuv1e1l said:

I definitely don't have an issue with a meeting tomorrow between the trust and JB, in fact its vital that such meetings take place. JB needs fans to get behind the club as much as possible and the people like Ian and co are just the type of fan that can galvanise our support, learn and understand how we can actively support our club.

Apart from the first paragraph that's a decent post.

To try and claim in stood down because I was too close to James Brent is a joke.

Firstly I have clearly set out why I stood down. Don't remember that reason anywhere in my post?

Secondly if you knew the pressure that the likes myself/Ian and others had put on JB throughout the process you would realise what a ridiculous comment that is.

James Brent is now the owner of Argyle and should be scrutinised like anyone else. This meeting offers us the chance to look at how to effectively do that in the short term prior to the Club stabilising.

Chris
Fair does my friend, I saw it wrong and will hold my hand up. I never mean to cause offense. You are right, most of us don't know what you did, we can only hazard guesses. What we do know is that what ever it was you were doing was bloody effective and for that I am grateful.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Jul 28, 2010
I think we're missing the real point of debate here. In the short-term there is nothing wrong with this meeting - in fact, we should all be thankful that JB is continiuing to be willing to meet our representatives in whatever form.

The debate now needs to focus on how we continue to engage with JB and what form that should take. The who can wait until we've established the other points. Anyway, I'm not sure any real Argyle fans would begrudge Ian or Chris or the other Ian or anyone else on the CPs a chance to meet and begin the process of going to the next stage of fans - they've done rather well so far haven't they?

Aug 17, 2011
And after the meeting we will no doubt know a little more about the immediate future for the club. Enjoy the lunch!