Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Just listened to the excellent podcast of Charlie Price with Conor. Struck by a couple of things….
Firstly just what a good bloke he seems with very positive memories of his time at Home Park.
Second … Spoiler alert: his two best memories were his bookends… that Fletcher goal at Shrewsbury (also one of my best Argyle memories… cue IJN photo 😀) and his brace at Fratton Park.
I remember watching a pre season friendly before his first game, with Graham Clark; he was pinging the ball around like a cut price Pirlo; we looked at each other and said he is too good for us. I came to Argyle quite late in life. Got to say that he, and Lilian Nallis, are my two fave players in my time supporting the Greens.
At 31 he is a free agent…. surely some Midlands Championship club will pick him up but I would give an arm and a leg to see him in green again.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I seem to recall that PASOTI's initial judgement of him did not have him forging the career he went on to have.
Nothing new there then mm! :)

Reactions: Penmaster

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
SOME Pasoti posters you mean.

I remember Peter Ryan, Graham Clark and I on here after his first friendly saying he was a brilliant capture if we could get him permanent.

Just for Belfast Green.

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

Feb 13, 2021
Just listened to the excellent podcast of Charlie Price with Conor. Struck by a couple of things….
Firstly just what a good bloke he seems with very positive memories of his time at Home Park.
Second … Spoiler alert: his two best memories were his bookends… that Fletcher goal at Shrewsbury (also one of my best Argyle memories… cue IJN photo 😀) and his brace at Fratton Park.
I remember watching a pre season friendly before his first game, with Graham Clark; he was pinging the ball around like a cut price Pirlo; we looked at each other and said he is too good for us. I came to Argyle quite late in life. Got to say that he, and Lilian Nallis, are my two fave players in my time supporting the Greens.
At 31 he is a free agent…. surely some Midlands Championship club will pick him up but I would give an arm and a leg to see him in green again.
Always had great potential and a fine signing by Peter Reid and very pleased to see his career move on

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I recall him being subbed ‘Conor the Crab’ by a few posters when he first joined. I remember being absolutely gutted when he left for Barnsley and I’m sure it was only for about £200k. Criminal.

Dec 30, 2020
I seem to recall that PASOTI's initial judgement of him did not have him forging the career he went on to have.

i dont know about that but it’s worth noting that we finished in the bottom five of the fourth tier in his first two seasons here, and it was incredibly touch and go as to whether we’d stay in the league.

While he was obviously a talented player, an initial judgement that he probably wasn’t ready to play 40 games a season as first choice central midfielder wouldn’t have been too wide of the mark.

That’s the dilemma with young players. Someone like Hourihane or Curtis Nelson had much greater potential than a run of the mill L2 journeyman but we had to suffer for a couple of seasons from giving them a chance to fulfil it.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I recall him being subbed ‘Conor the Crab’ by a few posters when he first joined. I remember being absolutely gutted when he left for Barnsley and I’m sure it was only for about £200k. Criminal.

I remember Carl Fletcher saying he wanted to build a team around him and many people on here ridiculing him for it, too.

olive green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
His problem at Argyle was he wanted to keep the ball by passing to a teammate, often sideways or back, rather than just hoof it. Not a problem in my eyes.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Apparently Derby was keen to sign him and him to sign for them but now Rooney has left there is doubts to if he will sign for them or not