Concourse catering survey | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Concourse catering survey

Aug 4, 2011
Has anyone ever answered the question as to why pints aren’t poured ready for the halftime rush?
They did in the Mayflower against Burton. The whole set up behind the mayflower is chalk and cheese compared to the lyndhurst. If it’s dry, it’s a no brainer for £15 compared to £24

Mar 22, 2020
Has anyone ever answered the question as to why pints aren’t poured ready for the halftime rush?
The problem Isn't really how long it takes to pour the drink from the can. Admittedly some of the staff aren't old enough to do it so have to get someone else to do it. It's how long it takes to get to the counter in the first place. You have people wanting a hot drink, a cold drink, a pastie, some sweets, a beer, a fridge magnet and stick of rock. They're trying to do too much from one outlet. I got to the queue last time more than five minutes before the first half had ended and it took so long to get served that the guy refused to serve me because it had got past a certain time, whatever that time is he wouldn't tell me. If that's the law fair enough. To me it's so obvious we need a decent sized bar, separate from all the other stuff.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
See Owly: I'm happy for you to say: 'I'd rather go hungry than have a Dewdney's.'

That is fine, that is your opinion but: 'Needless to say... ' ?? That bit I don't get.
Thing is Dewdney's are part of my culture, my childhood along with ration books, Mobo toys, sugar-cubed polio vaccine and warm radiator milk.
So that is why I love a Dewdney's.
Not sure if they have cowheel or tripe in them? Presume that is more your 1634332789440.gif

Apr 21, 2013
Plymouth
When the plans for the re build of the grandstand where published I made the suggestion that there should be
kiosks selling tea, coffee, chocolate and bovril(?) only. Nothing else.
To speed up the queue at halftime you would need to purchase a ticket - from a slot machlne or the kiosk - before the kick off so one would exchange the ticket for a drink thus eliminating time wasting cash transactions.
It is infurating to be next in line to be served when just wanting a cup of coffee for the person in front of you to be ordering two pasties, one hot dog , a Mars Bar, a can of coke and two beers!!!!

Apr 4, 2015
We used to go to Fanfest. Their pies were ace too. Can someone remind me what they're called and if you can get them anywhere else. Thanks.
They're Hingstons pies I believe, from Plympton. Absolutely scrumptious and imo the best pies in the city with the pies from the butchers in Plymstock broadway coming a very close second.

Reactions: foreigner
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
When the plans for the re build of the grandstand where published I made the suggestion that there should be
kiosks selling tea, coffee, chocolate and bovril(?) only. Nothing else.
To speed up the queue at halftime you would need to purchase a ticket - from a slot machlne or the kiosk - before the kick off so one would exchange the ticket for a drink thus eliminating time wasting cash transactions.
It is infurating to be next in line to be served when just wanting a cup of coffee for the person in front of you to be ordering two pasties, one hot dog , a Mars Bar, a can of coke and two beers!!!!
Well yeah, but the alternative would be 3 extra people ahead of you int’ queue

Mar 27, 2008
The van from Plympton that used to sell pasties outside the Life Centre was by far the best. Haven’t seen them anywhere this season? Tried one from the white van on Outland road recently and I’m assuming it was one that slipped through the net as I’m sure it didn’t have any seasoning at all and was therefore very bland! Willing to try again though to see if there is a difference?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
The van from Plympton that used to sell pasties outside the Life Centre was by far the best. Haven’t seen them anywhere this season? Tried one from the white van on Outland road recently and I’m assuming it was one that slipped through the net as I’m sure it didn’t have any seasoning at all and was therefore very bland! Willing to try again though to see if there is a difference?
Always get mine from him Ely and can’t say I’ve ever noticed a seasoning problem! Hopefully a one off. Try him again on Tuesday night. I will be!