Concourse catering survey | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Concourse catering survey

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I’ve only ever bought food at the ground once. That was one night match a couple of years ago, when the pasty van wasn’t parked on Outland Road at the junction with the Life centre. (Amazing pasties btw).

So I was forced to buy one of the clubs Ginsters pasties. I think it was either 3 or 4 quid and not much bigger than a cocktail pasty. Absolute rip off. Never again. Needless to say, I’d rather go hungry than have a Dewdney’s.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can you get in there Jason? Yours would go down brilliantly.

Aug 17, 2005
I’ve only ever bought food at the ground once. That was one night match a couple of years ago, when the pasty van wasn’t parked on Outland Road at the junction with the Life centre. (Amazing pasties btw).

So I was forced to buy one of the clubs Ginsters pasties. I think it was either 3 or 4 quid and not much bigger than a cocktail pasty. Absolute rip off. Never again. Needless to say, I’d rather go hungry than have a Dewdney’s.
Ginsters ?????????

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
See Owly: I'm happy for you to say: 'I'd rather go hungry than have a Dewdney's.'

That is fine, that is your opinion but: 'Needless to say... ' ?? That bit I don't get.
Thing is Dewdney's are part of my culture, my childhood along with ration books, Mobo toys, sugar-cubed polio vaccine and warm radiator milk.
So that is why I love a Dewdney's.
Not sure if they have cowheel or tripe in them? Presume that is more your thing? ;)

Mar 22, 2020
The pastie/sweet shop/coffee shop/bar idea just doesn't work, it never has. Needs a total rethink. There are at least three outlets in the Lyndhurst. Its virtually impossible to buy a pint at half time. We need separate bar and food outlets. I know there's a tiny bar but it wasn't even open the last time I tried to buy a beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Plainlazy123
Aug 13, 2009
Has anyone ever answered the question as to why pints aren’t poured ready for the halftime rush?

Jul 13, 2006
Sadly Ginsters have the monopoly on Pastry. I am trying to get in the fan zone with little success at the moment.
We used to go to Fanfest. Their pies were ace too. Can someone remind me what they're called and if you can get them anywhere else. Thanks.