Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 30 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
We did

"Please note that the entire away section is designated a safe standing area, and supporters will have an allocated position that they must occupy. Supporters in a safe standing area are required to comply with the Supporter Code of Conduct, a copy of which can be found by clicking here."
Dear Argyle Official

I was extremely surprised and a little disappointed when I discovered that only standing tickets would be available to Argyle supporters. Surely one would expect a so called 'Premier League' team to offer visiting fans the option to either sit or stand. Clearly Chelsea and the FA don't give a @#$$ about visiting fans.

In this age of inclusivity how can such discrimination be allowed? Those of a certain age or with certain medical conditions are worried that they will struggle to stand throughout. My wife and other fans who may be shorter than the average person are worried that they may not be able to see (or even that their personal space may be invaded). Parents are worried about their children not being able to see. The reasons why some fans would prefer to sit are both endless and should not be questioned.

On social media I have been disappointed to read how a minority of Argyle fans are questionning why so many season ticket holders have purchased tickets when they do not conform to their own stereotypical alpha male idea of what a football fan should be. Apparently those who share my inclusive views and those who need or would prefer to sit are not real football fans; we shouldn't be attending.

Well after weighing up whether I should or shouldn't go, I decided that it is not every day that the team you have supported for the best part of 50 years has the chance to knock the reigning European Champions out of the FA cup. I need to be there, just in case! Like others, I purchased my ticket knowing I would likely have to stand.

From experience the vast majority of Argyle fans are considerate good people. I sincerely hope we will all look out for one another at Stamford Bridge, regardless of age, gender, height, health etc. After all we are all green!

Finally, I want to ask "Argyle Official" what representations will be (have been) made to the relevant football authorities regarding the discriminatory nature of the away ticketing offer to our family friendly and inclusive club? I am sure our chairman would agree with the sentiments of many who have purchased tickets but are unhappy about standing.

Let's face it, we are the Guinea Pigs, "safe standing" is a pilot scheme. Feedback needs to be welcomed and considered. I am not against Safe Standing but its introduction should not discriminate against those members of society who would rather sit. There must be a choice. In my opinion Chelsea are staggeringly and surprisingly out of touch in not doing so.

I look forward in due course to reading the feedback that Argyle provide to the relevant authorities.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Dear Argyle Official

I was extremely surprised and a little disappointed when I discovered that only standing tickets would be available to Argyle supporters. Surely one would expect a so called 'Premier League' team to offer visiting fans the option to either sit or stand. Clearly Chelsea and the FA don't give a @#$$ about visiting fans.

In this age of inclusivity how can such discrimination be allowed? Those of a certain age or with certain medical conditions are worried that they will struggle to stand throughout. My wife and other fans who may be shorter than the average person are worried that they may not be able to see (or even that their personal space may be invaded). Parents are worried about their children not being able to see. The reasons why some fans would prefer to sit are both endless and should not be questioned.

On social media I have been disappointed to read how a minority of Argyle fans are questionning why so many season ticket holders have purchased tickets when they do not conform to their own stereotypical alpha male idea of what a football fan should be. Apparently those who share my inclusive views and those who need or would prefer to sit are not real football fans; we shouldn't be attending.

Well after weighing up whether I should or shouldn't go, I decided that it is not every day that the team you have supported for the best part of 50 years has the chance to knock the reigning European Champions out of the FA cup. I need to be there, just in case! Like others, I purchased my ticket knowing I would likely have to stand.

From experience the vast majority of Argyle fans are considerate good people. I sincerely hope we will all look out for one another at Stamford Bridge, regardless of age, gender, height, health etc. After all we are all green!

Finally, I want to ask "Argyle Official" what representations will be (have been) made to the relevant football authorities regarding the discriminatory nature of the away ticketing offer to our family friendly and inclusive club? I am sure our chairman would agree with the sentiments of many who have purchased tickets but are unhappy about standing.

Let's face it, we are the Guinea Pigs, "safe standing" is a pilot scheme. Feedback needs to be welcomed and considered. I am not against Safe Standing but its introduction should not discriminate against those members of society who would rather sit. There must be a choice. In my opinion Chelsea are staggeringly and surprisingly out of touch in not doing so.

I look forward in due course to reading the feedback that Argyle provide to the relevant authorities.
Good post, I hope you have emailed it to the club too as I’m sure they fully agree.

You should direct it to Chelsea too who are 100% in control of this situation.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Dear Argyle Official

Hi,
If you are able to send this one on email, to argyle@pafc.co.uk we’ll come back to you.
Thanks

Reactions: Daz
May 16, 2016
And it surely would have been SO simple for Chelsea to designate the lower tier as standing and the upper tier as seating (or vice-versa or some other variant). The key point of a safe standing set-up is that it can be used in both seated and standing formats.
It is strange how in an attempt to modernise Football, make the game more widely appealing and to offer a safe alternative, Chelsea, in this instance have in effect, reduced choice and potentially excluded a great number of paying supporters.

The drive forward has accidentally gone backwards.

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
Genuine question - in the pre Hillsborough days, and even into the 90s, were football clubs obliged to provide at least some seating for away fans, or would 100% terracing have been the norm?

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
There was no seating at Argyle when I started going in the early 60's apart from the Grandstand.
Quite true.

But the point is that if you wanted to sit, you went in the Grandstand. If you were happy to stand, you went elsewhere. You had a choice.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Quite true.

But the point is that if you wanted to sit, you went in the Grandstand. If you were happy to stand, you went elsewhere. You had a choice.
Could you go in there as an away fan?

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Could you go in there as an away fan?
Good point, although of course this was a lifetime ago so different times.

But I distinctly recall in the 70s that the Grandstand always seemed to have some away supporters in it - noticeable when the opposition scored. I always assumed this was some sort of official allocation for those who wanted a seat, but who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Daz