Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Agree. I didn't notice but did anyone know if the Club announced the Stand was designated as safe standing before the sale frenzy began?

I think I only knew through non club social media.
It was clear on the official Chelsea FC website that the whole of The Shed was being put aside for Argyle fans, and that it would all be safe standing. That was definitely before the Argyle tickets went on sale.

I don't recall reading the same on the Argyle website around the same time, but I could be wrong.

Much as I'm in favour of safe standing, it does seem inherently wrong to me that the only tickets available (disabled ones aside) to Argyle fans were standing ones, so disenfranchising any supporter who wishes or needs to sit. That's a criticism of Chelsea, not Argyle who presumably had no say in the matter.

Jan 22, 2016
I anticipate potential friction between standing Argyle supporters, and older ones wanting to sit. It might lead to a disappointing afternoon?
Would be interesting to know if we are the only club who continues to have this debate? Nearly all away supports you see on TV tend to be all standing.

I’ve always thought if anyone is desperate to sit, or requires to sit, would be able to find someone at the front reasonable enough to swap seats with them.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Agree. I didn't notice but did anyone know if the Club announced the Stand was designated as safe standing before the sale frenzy began?

It would have still sold out in my opinion.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
It was clear on the official Chelsea FC website that the whole of The Shed was being put aside for Argyle fans, and that it would all be safe standing. That was definitely before the Argyle tickets went on sale.

I don't recall reading the same on the Argyle website around the same time, but I could be wrong.

Much as I'm in favour of safe standing, it does seem inherently wrong to me that the only tickets available (disabled ones aside) to Argyle fans were standing ones, so disenfranchising any supporter who wishes or needs to sit. That's a criticism of Chelsea, not Argyle who presumably had no say in the matter.

It was in the main ticketing information article

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 17.24.04.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 17.24.04.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: FourMarkGreen

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020

We did

"Please note that the entire away section is designated a safe standing area, and supporters will have an allocated position that they must occupy. Supporters in a safe standing area are required to comply with the Supporter Code of Conduct, a copy of which can be found by clicking here."

Reactions: Guiri Green
Jun 27, 2019
It does seem odd to only offer one type of 'seat'. Chelsea are effectively forcing a restricted view onto anyone below 5ft (or whatever).

Last edited:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Would be interesting to know if we are the only club who continues to have this debate? Nearly all away supports you see on TV tend to be all standing.

I’ve always thought if anyone is desperate to sit, or requires to sit, would be able to find someone at the front reasonable enough to swap seats with them.
You could be right there. The only ground I have attended in recent years and been required to sit is Home Park. Every Premier League away section I have been to has been 100% standing. If I wanted to sit at a home game in the PL then I know which area to purchase tickets but where my season ticket is, standing is the norm.

Reactions: Jenko14
Apr 6, 2009
I have purchased tickets in row 5 for exactly the reason of not being able to see for the kids. And still hoping someone in rows in front may be happy to swap if needed.
I do feel they should have offered a small section for sitting if you chose to purchase but it is what it is