Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Has anyone who ordered via post received theirs yet?
I collected mine yesterday and i think i heard them say to the chap in front of me that they needed to do it yet. They certainly had piles of tickets there, so i'm not sure they've started just yet.

Reactions: Pilgrim Dan

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I have a ticket in the lower Matthew Harding courtesy of my mate who is a Chelsea member. I believe it is safe standing so it will be interesting to see what that is like in a stadium. I also believe it is where the more assertive Chelsea fans go so if Argyle score i have agreed a safe phrase with my mate that involves the words ‘taking liberties’ a bit of swearing and ‘on our manor’. Just to blend in like

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
It will
I have a ticket in the lower Matthew Harding courtesy of my mate who is a Chelsea member. I believe it is safe standing so it will be interesting to see what that is like in a stadium. I also believe it is where the more assertive Chelsea fans go so if Argyle score i have agreed a safe phrase with my mate that involves the words ‘taking liberties’ a bit of swearing and ‘on our manor’. Just to blend in like
You'll find it harder to hide if Chelsea score. I was on The Big Bank for the Ollie Watkins late late show & stood their like a statue as everyone around me went mental. I was with a mate from Blackpool who said 'clap, do anything' but I just couldn't. 😂

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
It will

You'll find it harder to hide if Chelsea score. I was on The Big Bank for the Ollie Watkins late late show & stood their like a statue as everyone around me went mental. I was with a mate from Blackpool who said 'clap, do anything' but I just couldn't. 😂
I have considered this eventuality and a forced clap and a ‘bravo’ is about as much as I think I can muster. If I’m rumbled I’m ‘a neutral who is more into Rugby tbh’ is the response. Despite the fact I hate it.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I mistakenly sat in the Burnley home end for a 0-0 when the late great Alan Nicholls used to wind up the home fans with his insouciant miles wide gestures .....thought I did a good job of containing myself when on the way out the chap behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said in deep Northern tones, well done but you were a goner if they scored! Cue nervous smile ....

Reactions: chester
Jun 27, 2019
I mistakenly sat in the Burnley home end for a 0-0 when the late great Alan Nicholls used to wind up the home fans with his insouciant miles wide gestures .....thought I did a good job of containing myself when on the way out the chap behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said in deep Northern tones, well done but you were a goner if they scored! Cue nervous smile ....
That game was probably the most intimidating atmosphere I've ever experienced. I can still remember them hoisting an Argyle shirt on a pole and setting it alight.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
A thought about the safe standing area. Hypothetical ,whatever! If you take your self and family and are in the fourth row back, with most standing the kids if they are little, will see nothing except the back of the person in front of them. IMHO not worth it, the experience will be memorable for possibly the wrong reasons. As an old boy,as much as I'd love to see Argyle win, I'd want to sit down and see the match, not the person in front.
The thing is, if you (or anyone else) wants to sit down to watch this match then they probably shouldn't have bought a ticket for a 'safe standing' area because, despite having seats that fold down, a safe standing area is, fundamentally, a standing area and that is what a lot of people are going to do (and then a lot more people will stand because they have to in other to see anything).

The problem here is that the only tickets on sale were in a stand that is entirely designated as 'safe standing'. Not seating tickets were available. It's simple really - kids, short people, people who cannot stand for long are NOT going to have a good experience at this game.

Surely it would have been very simple to, say, designated the lower tier as 'standing' and the upper tier as 'seating' and then people would have had a choice and more people would have ended up happy.

I think it's a real mess myself.

Reactions: MarkMatthews
May 16, 2016
The thing is, if you (or anyone else) wants to sit down to watch this match then they probably shouldn't have bought a ticket for a 'safe standing' area because, despite having seats that fold down, a safe standing area is, fundamentally, a standing area and that is what a lot of people are going to do (and then a lot more people will stand because they have to in other to see anything).

The problem here is that the only tickets on sale were in a stand that is entirely designated as 'safe standing'. Not seating tickets were available. It's simple really - kids, short people, people who cannot stand for long are NOT going to have a good experience at this game.

Surely it would have been very simple to, say, designated the lower tier as 'standing' and the upper tier as 'seating' and then people would have had a choice and more people would have ended up happy.

I think it's a real mess myself.
Agree. I didn't notice but did anyone know if the Club announced the Stand was designated as safe standing before the sale frenzy began?

I think I only knew through non club social media.