Cheer Up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheer Up

CarolinaGreen

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Last two were always going to be hard fought, and most of the other results went our way thankfully. Both were unlucky draws to boot..

Even so, the form table is still showing up as a mid-table team in 13th.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-two/2011-2012/form-table/full

I'd rather be us than those 5-6 at the bottom of the form table right now.

M

Monkey Nuts

I know things could be a lot worse than they are, and we are at least unbeaten over the last few games, but the last two matches have left me with a feeling akin to fining out my 6 lottery numbers have come up, but finding out that 25 other peoples have as well leaving me with fork all winnings!!

We battle on, but dropping another 2 points so late in last nights match is a complete disaster, in my eyes.

Jun 16, 2006
Wish I hadn't looked at that site. The league against top half of the table shows we haven't managed a win and only our draws from 17 games leaving us bottom, which suggests the matches against those around us are crucial.

Apr 3, 2010
Stuart_C":g83i9fhb said:
Wish I hadn't looked at that site. The league against top half of the table shows we haven't managed a win and only our draws from 17 games leaving us bottom, which suggests the matches against those around us are crucial.
We beat Burton when they were 10th ... must be incorrect ...

Nov 25, 2008
Puddletown
PlymouthLoyal":1pn6rpu6 said:
Stuart_C":1pn6rpu6 said:
We beat Burton when they were 10th ... must be incorrect ...

We beat Accrington when they were 9th too.

CarolinaGreen

Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/oform.html

Moved up one place to 10th in the form league, so slow and steady improvement.

Northampton are in 4th, so no surprise to see them climbing out of the mire and passing us. Bad timing to be playing them shortly. 3 points home to Rovers as a cushion going into next Saturday would be nice.

Macclesfield and Barnet are on their way to filling the two relegation spots at the moment.

CarolinaGreen

Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
:thumbs: lets just ignore the good work the team has down to improve, and concentrate on the negative! :bang head:

One of things people might want to get out of this is that Northampton will be considered by many to be a '6 pointer' match, but they are the 4th best team in the league at the moment. It's very doubtful they'll be in the relegation pack at the end of the season. Losing against them won't be more proof that Argyle are a disaster and "Fletch Must Go!". Losing against them, Rovers and Bradford will be though.

CarolinaGreen

Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-two/2011-2012/form-table/full

Top six form team. Of course form doesn't a result make, but Argyle been improving pretty consistant over the months, and we've slowly moved up that table. It's hard to see when you view the full table. If you think that the bottom three for the longest time were Northampton, Daggers and us, all are now top 10 form teams,.All are moving out of the danger zone.

Bodes well for next season. More so if you consider we 'might' have some wage money to spend. Just need to avoid slipping on any bananas before this one's over..

Some of the relegation candidates at one point seemed out of reach.

Interesting to see this table as of the end of last year. We were 12 points behind Macclesfield and 7 behind Bradford.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/todec.html

One thing I'd like to add. This is food for thought for those in the other thread asking whether or not we should keep Fletch on. We'd be lucky if he's not poached..

Aug 22, 2006
The eye-catching stat here is our defensive record. Over the last 6 matches it's the best in the league!

P

pilgrim tilidie

cheer up am already looking forword to the big devon derby next season.exeter lets be havin yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

CarolinaGreen

Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/oform.html

Not that most of us need cheering up, as we're just waiting for the icing on the cake..

To finish out this thread, and show that far from being lucky or 'winning but playing badly', I wanted to post a final snapshot showing that over the months, as far back as January, Argyle have gone from being a mid-tier form team to a solid top 10 form team.

I know the comments (to paraphrase) about how 'form counts for nothing', 'it's what you do going forward', etc. However, I could see looking at these tables long ago that Argyle, Northampton and Daggers were seriously unlikely to drop.

Whether you go back 6 games, or 8 games, or even 3 months, you can see we were in good shape, and we have every reason to think next season has a good deal of promise about it. :thumbs: