Charlton Athletic v Argyle - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Charlton Athletic v Argyle - the build up

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I opted for a cheap hotel near Paddington. should have read the reviews first. There’s a reason it’s cheap :LOL:
Being originally from London, I always feel that cheap hotel and Paddington are code words for a house of ill repute. Unless of course you are staying at the Easy Hotel Paddington then you are in for an interesting night. If you are, take an extended USB cord to charge your phone or a Battery pack as there is nothing in the rooms. No TV , no furniture except the bed. No plug sockets. No nothing !!

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
If you stayed there last September you would have been on a building site as this Travelodge opened in June this year.
Apologies, must be another one then. I stayed here and it was in the middle of nowhere . Quite a hike to the airport even.D8856AB1-9A89-4073-9CEF-9C69C2917BA0.png

Sep 13, 2003
I opted for a cheap hotel near Paddington. should have read the reviews first. There’s a reason it’s cheap :LOL:

Being originally from London, I always feel that cheap hotel and Paddington are code words for a house of ill repute. Unless of course you are staying at the Easy Hotel Paddington then you are in for an interesting night. If you are, take an extended USB cord to charge your phone or a Battery pack as there is nothing in the rooms. No TV , no furniture except the bed. No plug sockets. No nothing !!
Yes there are lots of bail hostels in Norfolk Square in Paddington so there will be lots of guests with 'interesting' backgrounds in these cheap hotels.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: greenwelly

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
As I lived in SE London for a bit and an alternative to Paddington or Woolwich. Try
Chislehurst Common which has about 3 great old pubs with rooms on a beautiful village green with accomodation and takes about 25 mins by train or car from Charlton (about 8 miles away). You can also visit Chislehurst caves which is a weird and fascinating caves system of about 20 miles of tunnels used as a WW2 hospital and bomb shelter and in the 60s it even hosted underground gigs by Jimmy Hendrix and a host of artists! Other nice option near Charlton is visit Blackheath before the game, great pubs and views across London.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
As I lived in SE London for a bit and an alternative to Paddington or Woolwich. Try
Chislehurst Common which has about 3 great old pubs with rooms on a beautiful village green with accomodation and takes about 25 mins by train or car from Charlton (about 8 miles away). You can also visit Chislehurst caves which is a weird and fascinating caves system of about 20 miles of tunnels used as a WW2 hospital and bomb shelter and in the 60s it even hosted underground gigs by Jimmy Hendrix and a host of artists! Other nice option near Charlton is visit Blackheath before the game, great pubs and views across London.
Blackheath is the place where a battle took place between the Cornish and the English in Medieval times. It was the last occasion an enemy army marched on London. I was not aware of the betting odds before the battle, but nobody in Cornwall got rich! At least the Cornish are one up on the French, Spanish and Germans. As IJN is always telling us 'thank heaven for the Cornish' !

Reactions: TBP and saxman

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
Premier Inn at Woolwich Arsenal is usually reasonable and there's a train to Charlton.
I did look at that one but was fully booked. Sadly due to my accessibility needs at both the hotel and transport to from the ground, I am a bit limited in my options.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone know how many away tickets we’ve sold for the valley?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sold nearly 1,200 according to
PAFC official..

Reactions: Greendawe