Charlton Athletic
Official website
Ground guide
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news
Away allocation 3,000

The countdown to Charlton Athletic

The match will be screened live on Argyle TV including in the UK ... full details.

Tuesday

Argyle fans have so far snapped up nearly 1,200 tickets.

Away fans guide to Charlton .... club website.

Dan Scarr looks ahead to the game ... club website.

Argyle are without a win in the last six league visits to the Valley, picking up one point. The last win was in October 2007 in the Championship.

Monday

Charlton manager Ben Garner previews the game ... CA club website. "Plymouth are a really good team and a club that has progressed really well on and off the pitch over a three to four season period now. They have got a really good business model and a really good football model that they stick to."

Steven Schumacher looks ahead to the game ... club website.

Pay on the day is available with a Ā£3 increase.

According to Sky Bet Charlton are at 5/4 to win, an Argyle win has odds of 2/1 and the draw is on offer at 23/10.

Sunday

So far the Greens have snapped up 901 tickets.

Referee
Sam Purkiss is the man in the middle, he was last in charge of an Argyle game in March last season when the Greens beat Portsmouth at Home Park.
He will be assisted on Tuesday by Nicholas Cooper and Stephen Brown while the fourth official is Lisa Benn.

They Played For Both
Steven Sessegnon, Ben Reeves, Frank Nouble, Gary Poole, Zak Ansah, Anthony Barness, Simon Walton, Marcel Seip, Simon Church, Ben Purrington, Garry Nelson, Leon Clarke, Dean Parrett, Scott Sinclair, Mark Stuart, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, David Button, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Mick Kearns, Dave Shipperley, Noel Dwyer, Jimmy Gaul, Hugh McAuley, Maurice Tadman, John Oakes, Andy Petterson, Alec Hardie, David Campbell. Any more?

Charlton tactical analysis
Strengths

Counter attacks.
Finishing scoring chances.
Attacking down the wings.
Aerial duels.
Stealing the ball from the opposition.
Weaknesses
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Defending against attacks down the wings.
Protecting the lead.
Avoiding individual errors.
Defending set pieces.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Style of play
Attack through the middle.
Short passes.
Non-aggressive.
Playing in their own half.

Charlton summer signings
Jack Payne - midfielder from Swindon Town.
Joe Wollacott - goalkeeper from Swindon Town.
Mandela Egbo - right back from Swindon Town.
Conor McGrandles - midfielder from Lincoln City.
Eoghan O'Connell - centre back from Rochdale.
Steven Sessegnon - wing back season loan from Fulham.

Last edited by a moderator:

leeroy221

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
May 10, 2015
That's a fair few signings from Swindon.
Will be interesting to hee how Sess does this season with them for a whole season, really rated him.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Looking forward to this one. Taking my boy who the day after flies out to the States for a year abroad on his degree. So itā€™ll be our last game together for a while. Trying to persuade my wife to be my Argyle buddy this seasonā€¦..

Jan 20, 2004
Three of us going although I don't expect a big turnout as it is on Argyle TV. We're due a result this time as the last three or four visits came away feeling robbed either due to them having a new manager bounce or like last time we were affected by Lowes imminent departure.
COYG

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016
Canā€™t remember when but the other day club said 900 tickets was sold and I suspect up to 1,000 more have been sold

GU7Green

āœ… Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
My guess is 1100/1200 there on the night. Bringin my mate who is a Saints fan, his second argyle game. Tidy one to get to when you're Surrey based

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Ben Garner took a few of his Swindon players with him when he became Charlton's manager- they have Jayden Stockley & Charlie Kirk amongst their ranks also

Only joy we have had there recently was in the FA Cup