Change of ends | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Change of ends

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle kicking towards the Devonport in the first half has never been very popular with the fans but we did so again on Saturday. Chesterfield kicked off so we must have won the toss and elected to play that way, not for the first time recently. Is it Fletch just trying something different? Personally if we're chasing something in the second half I'd rather see us attack the Devonport End. Also, no huddle on Saturday. Maybe it was so wet they just wanted to get the game started.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Womble":o6k5got4 said:
Maybe we lost the toss?
I'm fairly certain that whoever wins the toss picks ends and the other team kick off. It used to be anyway.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We had another new captain so he might had his own views on which end to pick first.

Incidently, Fletcher stated at the start of the season that he wanted a centre-back to be captain so overlooked Wotton in favour of Purse. Blanchard has also been captain this season but has now been overlooked in preference of Hourihane in midfield.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
You could be right.

Aug 5, 2009
Womble":n0bec5kp said:
Keepitgreen":n0bec5kp said:
Womble":n0bec5kp said:
Maybe we lost the toss?
I'm fairly certain that whoever wins the toss picks ends and the other team kick off. It used to be anyway.

I thought you could either change ends or choose to kick off?

That is correct, but as keepitgreen said, chesterfield kicked off. Hourihane must have therefore chosen to kick towards the demport end in the 1st half

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Strange that on the day they had a mini protest in the Devonport end, they chose not to have a huddle and kick towards the Devonport end.

I may be wrong, but I can't recall the Argyle signature tune either.

Jul 6, 2011
PL2 3DQ":2g8dt6ux said:
We had another new captain so he might had his own views on which end to pick first.

Incidently, Fletcher stated at the start of the season that he wanted a centre-back to be captain so overlooked Wotton in favour of Purse. Blanchard has also been captain this season but has now been overlooked in preference of Hourihane in midfield.

Don't feel Max is captain material, inspirational player last year but not so this season...
When conor isn't playing we definitely missing some inspiration, again not so with Max.

Oct 28, 2008
Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Greenrod":3m1vh6ib said:
Strange that on the day they had a mini protest in the Devonport end, they chose not to have a huddle and kick towards the Devonport end.

I may be wrong, but I can't recall the Argyle signature tune either.

Fairly certain I heard "Semper Fidelis" play as the teams came out when I watched on Argyle Player yesterday.

Feb 8, 2005
Play with the wind in the first half, hoping to take advantage and get ahead before defending in the second?

It didn't work for us, but the idea was good.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Sounds like a Fletcher innovation to try and change things.Is that really the best Carl can come up with.How about starting with your best players Carl.