Carey in Europa League Action | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carey in Europa League Action

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Basically I dont get this fixation with ex players. I was lucky enough to be around when Mariner and Rafferty were playing for us but I don’t see the need to bang on about it and they really were something special as is GC10 of course.
Once an Eagle, always an Eagle. Once a Green, always a Green.

PS. Surely he is GC8 now. Not special enough to keep that No.10 shirt. :whistle:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Basically I dont get this fixation with ex players. I was lucky enough to be around when Mariner and Rafferty were playing for us but I don’t see the need to bang on about it and they really were something special as is GC10 of course.
I don't think anyone is 'banging on about anyone'. It's an individual's choice of course whether they want to follow a players career after they have left Argyle but why does it make you so flustered?

Let's face it, he's probably our best player in the last 15 years so why shouldn't fans have an interest?

Reactions: PL2 3DQ
Aug 5, 2015
Really. Why is this thread just about Gc10. Why aren’t there threads about other great ex players? We only seem to ever see this one, nobody else. He wasn’t God ffs although I accept for some he clearly was.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Really. Why is this thread just about Gc10. Why aren’t there threads about other great ex players? We only seem to ever see this one, nobody else. He wasn’t God ffs although I accept for some he clearly was.

There are threads on the first 3 pages of this Football Forum talking about 12 former Argyle players, fans like to talk about Ex-Argyle players and Carey was one of the best over the last 10 years so will naturally attract more interest.

Don't read the thread if it really bothers you that other Argyle fans are talking about Carey.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Absolutely gutted when GC10 left but at least he went abroad so we would not have to come up against him in the EFL
He was & still is an exceptional talent that we were privileged to have for 4 years so why cant we enjoy what he is achieving with CSKA Sofia
I still have him as my wallpaper on my laptop - does that make me a saddo
On a side note i was pleased to see that Sonny has started playing again after time out with COVID - he is another ex player that i have extreme fondness for
As the saying goes once a green , always a green

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Once a player is stupid enough to leave Argyle of their own volition, I just like to follow the downward spiral of their careers into eventual oblivion! ;)

If you've never seen threads praising Mariner and Rafferty you may need the computer looked at!

Reactions: smudja
Aug 5, 2015
I don’t have a problem with people praising this that or the other player. It just seems that only one player gets that treatment. Yes he was good and we were more than lucky to have him for so long but there are and have been and probably will be other great players around. Maybe not in his position but still great players. Take Gordon Nisbet or Mark Smith for example. The thing is if you make posts on a public forum then you have to expect people to respond with their views which may not always match yours. If you want people to agree with you all the time join the Graham Carey fan club.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I don’t have a problem with people praising this that or the other player. It just seems that only one player gets that treatment. Yes he was good and we were more than lucky to have him for so long but there are and have been and probably will be other great players around. Maybe not in his position but still great players. Take Gordon Nisbet or Mark Smith for example. The thing is if you make posts on a public forum then you have to expect people to respond with their views which may not always match yours. If you want people to agree with you all the time join the Graham Carey fan club.
Sure, but the point is that Carey is still playing football?
Once he has retired I suspect threads entitled: 'Carey to go to Tescos today' will be of limited interest.
I agree with you if he was on the Argyle Forum but this is a Football Forum, about football in general.