• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Cardiff in trouble again?

Jul 3, 2006
Interesting to see that they're already flogging their season tickets for the next campaign. I was once told by an accountant who had done a bit of auditing work with football clubs that this was a common practice amongst sides experiencing cashflow problems.

Jun 23, 2006
Balham
...awaits transfer embargo...
Guessing Football league will impose it after January. Doesn't want to upset a 'big' club.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
How can they say they are stolen? What's to stop someone in the club taking photos of the documents and giving them to the NOTW. I can't believe they get away with the way they handle their finances without recieving punishments.

C

Charlie Wood

I imagine there are a lot of clubs getting a bit sweaty, us included, now they can't just phone the bank up to extend the overdraft. Makes me wonder if all these new "investors" are the football equivilent of loan sharks.

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":1jxzvtdy said:
Interesting to see that they're already flogging their season tickets for the next campaign. I was once told by an accountant who had done a bit of auditing work with football clubs that this was a common practice amongst sides experiencing cashflow problems.

some idiot tried that trick with Leeds, and look where it took them, now who was that bloke, and i wonder if he has learnt his lesson?

A

Anonymous

dani_B":w7xk6clh said:
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":w7xk6clh said:

some idiot tried that trick with Leeds, and look where it took them, now who was that bloke, and i wonder if he has learnt his lesson?
Ris-fail :)

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
dani_B":3amxh7rk said:
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":3amxh7rk said:

Generated £3m for them this January.

Thats £3m less they'll receive in the summer.

A

Anonymous

Thing is Tew, whilst we've been in the red for a couple of seasons, this lot have been treading a very dodgy line for about eight seasons.

I detest the phrase 'no smoke without fire' but I'm hoping this lot will ignite very soon.

Sep 23, 2005
and then again more bad news

Link

Wouldnt you be seriously cheesed off if you bought an early season ticket for next season on the basis that it was for funds for transfers and then were told that wasnt the case?

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
IJN":2gkgxrmt said:
Mmmm it seems to be getting worse.

Echo

"“We allowed it to be misinterpreted that the only reason for delivering money was to strengthen the squad and it was my mistake to allow that myth to continue, when the other income expected had not yet come. I don’t believe I’ve lied; I allowed something to go out there that was misleading.

“I think the word lie is inappropriate because it suggests you’ve said something knowingly inaccurate. I take grave exception to anyone who suggests I’ve lied.”"

He'd do well at the Chilcott inquiry.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
There could be a situation where 2 clubs that went into administration stay up and we go down. This is incredibly unfair on the teams that do go down whoever they are. Those two clubs will stay up on the back of points gained from paying wages they couldn't afford and then being able to write off their massive debts. There only penalty will be a 10 point deduction so they can start again next season debt free and at least 30M better off (in Palace's case). Meanwhile the teams that go down that have not broken league rules and lived within their means get a huge reduction in income as a result of going down.

This encourages reckless spending and inflates wages and transfers making it harder for all teams to live within their means. They have to come down much harder or it will just get worse. If those two teams stay up and the the three that go down all go into administration what has it achieved, by letting clubs get away with it they are making the situation worse.