Camara made available for transfer | Page 46 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Is a signing-on fee standard practice when a player is out of contract?
Surely, salary and length of contract are the important things - or is this to do with agents?
I wish companies would pay me a signing-on fee.

Feb 8, 2005
Probably started as a relocation payment.

When a player uproots from one area to another he will incur expense and this was probably started to cover those expenses.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Is a signing-on fee standard practice when a player is out of contract?
Surely, salary and length of contract are the important things - or is this to do with agents?
I wish companies would pay me a signing-on fee.
Whether it is officially labelled as a signing on fee, the absence of compensation to the previous employer means there might be more money available for the player in the budget and any agent worth his salt will emphasise that fact on behalf of his client.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Whether it is officially labelled as a signing on fee, the absence of compensation to the previous employer means there might be more money available for the player in the budget and any agent worth his salt will emphasise that fact on behalf of his client.

You almost make it sound like an honourable profession LC instead of the money grabbing shysters that they obviously are.🤬

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
exactly this. Common practice which is why we see players like Pogba etc being very happy to wind down their contracts. It also plays into agreements that a lot of the leading agents have. "if I can get you Pogba with no transfer fee then ill take X of a cut against a sign off on fee too, as you're saving Y on a large transfer fee i deserve my share as i'm saving you money overall"

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
When did agents first come to be in football?
The Premier league is a law unto itself so I don't care what they pay agents but I'm wondering why players need them.
Surely even uneducated players know where they want to play and earn pathetically over top "wages".

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Premier league is a law unto itself so I don't care what they pay agents but I'm wondering why players need them.
Surely even uneducated players know where they want to play and earn pathetically over top "wages".
You only have to look at how player salaries have escalated since they have had agents. That's why they needed them.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I've been an agent - theatrical rather than 'sports', but the principle is the same. It was my job to seek opportunities (auditions, castings etc) for my Clients (actors) that might lead to jobs for them. I didn't get paid a single penny unless the Client 'landed' a role and then I would get a percentage of whatever they got. The percentage ranged from 10% to 20%, depending on the type of job, but as pay in the entertainment industry is a pittance (unless you are Helen Mirren or Anthony Hopkins) I wasn't exactly 'rolling in it'. If I made 10K in a year that was a good year! Being an agent was pretty much a thankless task. The Client would always blame you if they didn't get the right sort of opportunities and expected you to work day and night (for nothing, most of the time!) Everyone else thought you were, how did justanotherfan put it? Oh, yes, 'a money grabbing shyster'. I wasn't - but I can't speak for the guys and girls that represent footballers. ;)

Reactions: NLG and macleanie

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Have a strange feeling Camara will go but not until just before the window shuts at end of August. I think we will replace him with a loan because it’s going to be difficult to find similar within our budget.

I think Argyle are going to wait until a club panics enough as the season unfolds. Because someone will. At the moment clubs will look to get a value for money transfer.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Yes, but I thought agents got themselves also involved in seeking out the best investment advisors for their client who would be earning mega bucks in The Premiership and to a degree in the lower EFLs. I am sure the agent would also get a supplementary 'kick back' from those advisors, subject of course to disclosure. They would also need to involve lawyers to check the terms of the proposed contract. I do think there is quite a bit to a good agent's expected workload.