Camara made available for transfer | Page 31 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

Sep 6, 2006
Plymouth Live quoted Dewsnip yesterday afternoon that Pan not going to a league 1 rival. If he can't get an acceptable deal then he doesn't go. We keep him another season on his existing wage and then he can choose for himself. Simples.
Abdou wasn't anywhere near as good as Pan - very hard working player but he had nothing to his game other than pressing and harassing. You wouldn't see him driving past players like Pan can do.

The fact they played at different levels is irrelevant. Just means Abdou got a gig doing his very specific defensive midfielder's role in the Championship (a side note: I think Argyle could actually use a player like that in the squad, but if it was a straight swap for Pan we would unquestionably be a lot weaker).
Yeah playing at a different level is irrelevant!!! So he could have played in the Prem then I suppose.

Sep 3, 2009
Perhaps a halfway house might end up being that Camara signs a longer term deal at Argyle but with a break clause for a certain level of offer.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Not getting invoved with where he goes or how much but:
I've not seen a better player for Argyle when it comes to hunting a player/the ball down and nicking it off a player who thinks he has control of the ball.
Those long 'sneaky' legs catching you and removing the ball from you?
That's worth some money in any league!! 👏

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We do but his agent will now be working his stuff to talk Pan up for a move on to a Championship or possibly even european teams based in Portugal / Spain. Means we could generate a higher sell price if Pan is in demand.

We do but his agent will now be working his stuff to talk Pan up for a move on to a Championship or possibly even european teams based in Portugal / Spain. Means we could generate a higher sell price if Pan is in demand.

That’s making the assumption his agent is any good and has lots of interested clubs contacting him/her.

It could well be that we receive no offers and Pan stays with us on lower wages for at least a year (to help us get promoted) or more depending on what happens at the end of his contract.

Apr 1, 2009
There are definite similarities between Abdou and camara.

I saw Abdou ( an unheard of trialist) and Paul mcveigh playing on trial at Truro, under Holloway. Abdou immediately caught the eye playing at RWB and was offered a contract ( whereas mcveigh wasn’t). I don’t think Argyle ever played home there again, which I found curious ( although of course we did already have Paul Connolly in that position.

Jimmy was playing in a failing Argyle side for much of his stay - but I spoke to a Millwall fan who could not speak highly enough about him.

For what it’s worth, I think jimmy ( who played in midfield for much of his career) as well as Panutche Camara might actually both be natural RWBs. I can see panutche making a big impact at RWB in the championship ( he’s never really an attacking midfielder in my book - doesn’t have the skills or goal threat IMO, but is nevertheless an outstanding player, with his energy, dribbling, running, pace and commitment. In fact he’s a perfect fit for RWB in a higher division IMO).
I don't think he has the ability to cross the ball on the run consistently, which I would suggest a perfect WB should be able to do. I agree he has many of the right credentials though.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Edwards presses well in the wing back area.

That’s not the problem. Unfortunately, it’s getting good service to the forwards.

As someone has already mentioned Camara’s final ball would be an issue in the wing back position.

Reactions: saxman
Mar 16, 2009
London
Camara would be wasted at wing back.

You have to play within your channel in a disciplined way - up and down and rarely move inside.

Camara's at this best for Argyle when he's marauding across multiple channels as well as box to box. He can effortlessly break up play on one side of the pitch, moments later he cans spearhead a counter attack down the middle, all with Kante-like relentless energy.

His attacking play should not be undersestimated either.

If memory serves he arrived late in the box to score against Premier League Sheffield Utd last season?

Real box to box ability is there. Finishing can be improved upon yes but I'm sure it'll be the focus of the next stage of his development.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Camara would be wasted at wing back.

You have to play within your channel in a disciplined way - up and down and rarely move inside.

Camara's at this best for Argyle when he's marauding across multiple channels as well as box to box. He can effortlessly break up play on one side of the pitch, moments later he cans spearhead a counter attack down the middle, all with Kante-like relentless energy.

His attacking play should not be undersestimated either.

If memory serves he arrived late in the box to score against Premier League Sheffield Utd last season?

Real box to box ability is there. Finishing can be improved upon yes but I'm sure it'll be the focus of the next stage of his development.
Agreed. He would be an absolute waste as a RWB.

Final ball and finishing, yes could be improved. He has some time on his side to hone these areas though.

Reactions: Justin
Sep 6, 2006
Edwards presses well in the wing back area.

That’s not the problem. Unfortunately, it’s getting good service to the forwards.

As someone has already mentioned Camara’s final ball would be an issue in the wing back position.
The forwards get pretty good service. Because they are incapable of winning a header or holding the ball up it keeps coming back.

Reactions: chester
Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
I don't understand the hate for his finishing, only 4 players in the team scored more goals than him in all competitions this season, 3 of them forwards. It's not what he is in the team to do. Roy Keane scored 33 in 336 matches for Utd, Patrick Viera scored 29 in 279 for Arsenal, Kante has 11 in 181 for Chelsea. Not Saying Pan is at their level, just none of them really contributed to their teams efforts with goals and Keane/Viera were pivotal in probably the two best premier league teams ever to exist. Kante carried Leicester to a Premier league title and then went to Chelsea and did the same the very next year. But when Pan doesn't score 15 goals a season on top of everything else he does, he's not good enough? Ridiculous.

Dec 30, 2020
I don't understand the hate for his finishing, only 4 players in the team scored more goals than him in all competitions this season, 3 of them forwards. It's not what he is in the team to do. Roy Keane scored 33 in 336 matches for Utd, Patrick Viera scored 29 in 279 for Arsenal, Kante has 11 in 181 for Chelsea. Not Saying Pan is at their level, just none of them really contributed to their teams efforts with goals and Keane/Viera were pivotal in probably the two best premier league teams ever to exist. Kante carried Leicester to a Premier league title and then went to Chelsea and did the same the very next year. But when Pan doesn't score 15 goals a season on top of everything else he does, he's not good enough? Ridiculous.

Camara's finishing isn't great but none of our other attacking midfielders score regularly either.

Makes me think it's more the system than the individuals - playing with two up front means there's less space for midfielders to run into and the lack of wingers means we don't get at opponents in wide areas while they're still on the turn, so again there's less chance of space opening up from defenders getting pulled out of position.

Argyle also lack a target man capable of playing 'give and goes' which is how Carey and Lameiras scored a lot of goals as (kind of) midfielders.

I suspect a professional scout would look at Camara's energy and ability to go past players and back him to get into enough goalscoring positions to score a decent amount of goals, if that was to be his role in the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifom

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I don't think it's a hate as such, it's just that he gets himself into so many good positions he could easily end up in double figures if he was a little more clinical in front of goal.

Reactions: NLG