Camara made available for transfer | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Wont get anywhere near 1million also pan holds all the cards because he may not want to sign for the largest bidder for instance a club comes in where he is a squad player but say PNE come in and offer first team football. I personally think Lowe has tapped Pan up since January he knows the contract details

As I said, if no one is willing to pay that then it's worth keeping for another season, I don't think he would down tools. He may even change his mind regarding a new contract, as he has clearly enjoyed playing for us. Worth the risk this one.

Dec 30, 2020
We have multiple players out of contract next summer who we could lose for nothing.

The fact that Pan is the only one transfer listed suggests the club think that keeping him until then will mean forgoing a substantial amount of money.

I doubt they’ll have made that decision on a hunch. Which in turn makes me think the higher estimates of his transfer value in this thread are more likely than the lower.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d imagine 1 year extensions will be offered this close season to players with value.

Reactions: saxman
Apr 30, 2011
I think Ennis will be a PL striker one day. He's got something about him.
He's not had a really good run in the team. Maybe tell him " you're my striker for the next 3 months, " so he can bed in properly like.
He will need a good run of luck to get into the PL but I really like him. His hold up play is massively overlooked, he has a good turn of pace, he is savvy and wins alot of free kicks and, when he is in form, he is a good finisher. Hopefully with a full preseason behind him he van really kick on next season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Wont get anywhere near 1million also pan holds all the cards because he may not want to sign for the largest bidder for instance a club comes in where he is a squad player but say PNE come in and offer first team football. I personally think Lowe has tapped Pan up since January he knows the contract details
Sorry I don’t agree, we hold the cards. We can say no to any bidder. For example if another club puts in an offer of 100k for example I’d say no because Pan will offer more of a contribution to the team than £100k on being with us for a season.

Reactions: GreenThing and SWTT

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
We have multiple players out of contract next summer who we could lose for nothing.

The fact that Pan is the only one transfer listed suggests the club think that keeping him until then will mean forgoing a substantial amount of money.

I doubt they’ll have made that decision on a hunch. Which in turn makes me think the higher estimates of his transfer value in this thread are more likely than the lower.

Or it's a game of brinkmanship and Argyle are using their right to put a bit of pressure on the player to direct his agent rather than the opposite. I don't know what's going on but I value Pan very highly, as a player and a person.

Sep 12, 2015
Totally agree. That's the big thing Argyle are missing - competitive football between the u18/academy players and the 1st team. Those players that fall between this just don't have regular competitive matches to play in imo. It's like say we had a 1st team player out injured for 2-3 months.. where is the competitive game for them to get up to full match fitness before they get back into the 1st team squad?
I also agree , Mike Cooper has played every league game , Callum Burton has not played a league game because of Coopers fantastic form , the odd game behind closed doors and various 2nd rate cup matches , when your playing behind trialist and players returning through injuries is hardly ideal .

Mar 16, 2009
London
Sorry I don’t agree, we hold the cards. We can say no to any bidder. For example if another club puts in an offer of 100k for example I’d say no because Pan will offer more of a contribution to the team than £100k on being with us for a season.

What if hypothetically that bidder is skimping on a transfer fee so that it can offer Camara a juicy signing on fee though? 25% of which goes to his agent? And, let’s say for the sake of argument that that club is a championship club? Let’s say Preston…

With only 1 year left on his current contract I don’t think Argyle have much negotiating power at all in that instance.

Which is why I think the club have dealt with this situation all wrong.

Apr 1, 2017
What if hypothetically that bidder is skimping on a transfer fee so that it can offer Camara a juicy signing on fee though? 25% of which goes to his agent? And, let’s say for the sake of argument that that club is a championship club? Let’s say Preston…

With only 1 year left on his current contract I don’t think Argyle have much negotiating power at all in that instance.

Which is why I think the club have dealt with this situation all wrong.
In that scenario he would obviously stay at argyle until his contract runs out

Reactions: Penmaster
Mar 16, 2009
London
In that scenario he would obviously stay at argyle until his contract runs out

Seems logical yes, although the counter-argument we keep being told is that “you can’t keep a player that doesn’t want to be here”.

As a club, if we’d have dealt with this privately and not courted offers by publicly stating our stance, it might have been achievable to keep Camara motivated to spearhead another shot at promotion with Argyle.

The way it’s turned out, there’s now likely to be more offers, not necessarily offering the club decent money, but instead handing the negotiating power to the player’s agent and the buying clubs. They can turn the agent’s head with financial rewards to player and agent and skimp on the transfer fee, basically temptation.

If Argyle want to play it the way they have here, they need to firstly get their best players on longer contacts, and then make these decisions with at least 2+ years left, not 1 year.

That’s how Brentford etc work the policy successfully.

Reactions: Green gino

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Seems logical yes, although the counter-argument we keep being told is that “you can’t keep a player that doesn’t want to be here”.

As a club, if we’d have dealt with this privately and not courted offers by publicly stating our stance, it might have been achievable to keep Camara motivated to spearhead another shot at promotion with Argyle.

The way it’s turned out, there’s now likely to be more offers, not necessarily offering the club decent money, but instead handing the negotiating power to the player’s agent and the buying clubs. They can turn the agent’s head with financial rewards to player and agent and skimp on the transfer fee, basically temptation.

If Argyle want to play it the way they have here, they need to firstly get their best players on longer contacts, and then make these decisions with at least 2+ years left, not 1 year.

That’s how Brentford etc work the policy successfully.
If Camara downed tools because he doesn’t want to be here, he’d damage his worth and unlikely to get a decent signing on fee when he’s available to leave for free. It’s in his best interests to play well for an extra season if we turn down any silly offers.

We either sell for whatever we decide is a good deal, or we have a player of Camara’s caliber for a year. We hold the cards.

Mar 16, 2009
London
If Camara downed tools because he doesn’t want to be here, he’d damage his worth and unlikely to get a decent signing on fee when he’s available to leave for free. It’s in his best interests to play well for an extra season if we turn down any silly offers.

We either sell for whatever we decide is a good deal, or we have a player of Camara’s caliber for a year. We hold the cards.

Would love for it to 'Pan' out that way (pun intended), but fear that if there was a specific move on the cards that he wanted, he'd just have to sulk for a few months and then the club would prob let him go in January, for an even smaller fee.