Camara made available for transfer | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't begrudge him for wanting to move to a bigger club and where he will get more money but Peterborough?? That would be incredibly infuriating if they are seen as a more attractive proposition.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Unfortunately we cannot change anything- the Club have made their decision regarding Pan
They are better qualified than most to know what type of player can fill his boots & the price required to obtain it
Football is a business & Pan with his current stock being reasonably high should be able to be sold for Argyle's evaluation ( we will never know what the sum will be ) but the club being run in a financially prudent way will use what money they get sensibly to enhance what we have
The management would have planned this close season recruitment months or years in advance
Of course behind the scenes they are probably gutted than Pan has chosen not to sign an improved deal - but football evolves on a daily basis & when all said & done football is a business & sometimes you have to cash in when an opportunity arises & this is exactly what this situation is
To many players have wound their respective contracts down & we have been left with zilch
But we are now a different animal- financially stable, run in a prudent way & have a very transparent business model & custodian
Fans will always have an emotionally attachment- unfortunately business does not
Totally agree.The norm seems to be now that players are running down their contracts for their own financial benefit so more and more clubs are trying to sell before this happens.

Jul 28, 2020
That's not how I remember it. Sarcevic was a wildly inconsistent player whose level was League Two and most of us acknowledged that when he left.
Respect your opinion- but sarcavic had just been voted “player of the year” at Argyle, when he signed for Bolton Wanderers.

There are definite similarities- because sarcavic was another one who wore his heart on his sleeve and left it all out on the pitch.

I wouldn’t mind betting that Pans replacement has already been earmarked by Argyle and again ( which in my opinion tends to be the best type of Argyle signing) will be someone who very few people are currently aware of.....,

Reactions: David Doidge
Apr 1, 2009
I think Ennis will be a PL striker one day. He's got something about him.
He's not had a really good run in the team. Maybe tell him " you're my striker for the next 3 months, " so he can bed in properly like.
If you give Ennis 3 guaranteed months to show how good he can be, you surely have to do the same with others on the fringes - Randell, Law, arguably even Burton. 3 months in the team could give confidence, but can also bring complacency.

There needs to be competition for all places. The difficulty is as to how a player competes for a place when not in the team. A couple of reserve team hat tricks might show that Ennis, for example, is ready to start, but we have no serious competitive football for those just outside the first team - something that is hurting us in several ways.

Apr 1, 2009
I think Ennis will be a PL striker one day. He's got something about him.
He's not had a really good run in the team. Maybe tell him " you're my striker for the next 3 months, " so he can bed in properly like.
If you give Ennis 3 guaranteed months to show how good he can be, you surely have to do the same with others on the fringes - Randell, Law, arguably even Burton.

Reactions: Andy B.
If this happens I'm giving up on football.

In what world do Plymouth Argyle lose their best players to PETERBOROUGH??
Put yourself in Pan’s shoes Woodsy. A footballer’s career span is incredibly short. If you or I were offered a substantial wage increase to play in front of smaller crowds but in the same league, I’m sure we’d give it serious thought. Personally I think Pan should aspire to a Championship club, and I hope that’s the type of move he makes.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Warnock told Mickey Evans he was in the team for 10 games no matter how he played. Maybe Ennis needs the same... maybe Hardie was told that too. Confidence is massive in strikers.

Jun 27, 2019
Put yourself in Pan’s shoes Woodsy. A footballer’s career span is incredibly short. If you or I were offered a substantial wage increase to play in front of smaller crowds but in the same league, I’m sure we’d give it serious thought. Personally I think Pan should aspire to a Championship club, and I hope that’s the type of move he makes.
If he stays in the same league then surely it'll be somewhere like Ipswich, Wednesday etc.

If he goes there then it'll purely be for money and his legacy will be tarnished in my eyes. I can understand him wanting to move to a bigger club, but Peterborough would be a sideways move.

Jul 12, 2016
There is no sentiment where money is concerned.See the league players who have joined Wrexham, Stockport County etc.

Reactions: Dan Ellard

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
It is all about making the most amount of money in the shortest possible time- it is the nature of the occupation
Footballers are employees of the Football Clubs they sign for - it pays the bills , it pays the mortgage
Fans emotional investment is irrelevant - where we perceive one of our players signing for a club as a backward or sideways step- that player sees it has i have doubled, tripled my wages
It is a mercenary life & you have to make hay whilst the sun shines

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
If he stays in the same league then surely it'll be somewhere like Ipswich, Wednesday etc.

If he goes there then it'll purely be for money and his legacy will be tarnished in my eyes. I can understand him wanting to move to a bigger club, but Peterborough would be a sideways move.

Would you have the same opinion if a player you really liked hypothetically made a "sideways" move in the league to us for more money?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It is all about making the most amount of money in the shortest possible time- it is the nature of the occupation
Footballers are employees of the Football Clubs they sign for - it pays the bills , it pays the mortgage
Fans emotional investment is irrelevant - where we perceive one of our players signing for a club as a backward or sideways step- that player sees it has i have doubled, tripled my wages
It is a mercenary life & you have to make hay whilst the sun shines
That's largely true ......but only up to a point. A player with any sense will balance the money on offer (admittedly the biggest factor) with other things like his family life, his 'working' and living environment and how he feels his footballing career is suited to the club he is presently contracted to versus the alternatives on offer.

I remember the almost unanimous assumption that Graham Carey would leave a few years ago as we all knew a number of clubs higher up the pyramid were offering him more money - but in the end he decided to stay. If you are happy, your family is settled, and you are getting regular game time and enjoying your football how much extra money is required to risk being sat on the bench, unhappy and shipped out a short time later? That's the judgement to be made.