Camara made available for transfer | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I think Simon Hallett is clever enough to realise that as you move up the leagues you inevitably have to pay something to get players of the correct level in and so yes, I think we will pay transfer fees where necessary (as we did with G Cooper). That’s obvious surely. But it doesn’t mean that we suddenly start paying large transfer fees. In fact I think that initially it would be much more effective to pay smaller/zero fees but more in wages or via longer contracts. That way you can persuade the very best players with potential to join the club when they are available without transfer fees rather than losing out to other clubs who will pay them more. Longer contracts also means that your assets remain valuable for longer which is, I think, a vital part of the strategy.

Im not so sure.

If you are a business man and you don’t think it’s smart to take a gamble by chucking money on a transfer fee why would you change your stance?

Brentford didn’t become the club they are paying nominal transfer fees. They paid over significant amounts on players.

Brentford are also in London area. It’s a lot easier to persuade players to join them than being in the remote part of the westcountry.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
It's all about sustainable, if we have done everything we can infrastructure wise, and our salary bill is covered by planned income, what will be done with any cash resulting from a transfer fee where we have lost a good player. Investment in replacement players is a valid approach at this point aka Brentford.

lnvestment in replacement players is a valid approach. But when your chairman thinks it’s a gamble to spend money in the transfer market and prefers to re-invest it then it doesn’t sound like the Brentford model to me.

Only recently he was talking about how he welcomes ideas by the staff on ideas on how to make money. He always looking to use money, to make money.

The reason we have a giant screen at HP, is because it pays for itself. Anything like this appeals Simon Hallett.

I’m not sure spending £500,000 on Joe Bloggs from Lincoln when its a 50/50 gamble appeals to him.

Reactions: Wembley96
Mar 23, 2008
People mentioning the Brentford model are bang on. On their upward curve they sold the likes of Tarkowski, Andre Gray, Maupay and Ollie Watkins and still progressed having wisely reinvested that money.
Think if we are going down that line we gave to get used to players leaving, the price of relative success.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
People mentioning the Brentford model are bang on. On their upward curve they sold the likes of Tarkowski, Andre Gray, Maupay and Ollie Watkins and still progressed having wisely reinvested that money.
Think if we are going down that line we gave to get used to players leaving, the price of relative success.
Not forgetting the Brentford closed their academy and rely on buying players like Watkins and selling them on.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
What is worth more to the club: selling Camara this summer or promotion to the Championship? Because without Pan our chances of going up next season are vastly reduced.
What twaddle, he doesn't score, he isn't a great assister so where do we lose our chances without him?

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
If we receive some offers for Pan which his agent and Pan himself are keen on and think is a decent fee, a possible scenario is that he could down tools and refuse to continue playing for Argyle until the offer has been accepted.
Not much point trying to hold onto a player who doesn't want to play for us anymore.

It's clear that Pan's agent is working hard to get the most for themselves and their client.
For what it's worth, I don't think Pan would ever react in that way. He seems like a genuinely good bloke which, football aside, is what makes his departure even harder to take.

Reactions: Koala Green

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

I agree about players leaving. It’s inevitable.

However, these players you mentioned weren’t brought in on the cheap either. I can’t see Argyle spending anything like these sums on players in the transfer market.

Brentford took a gamble. They spent reasonable sums of money, to make more. I’m not sure Argyle are prepared to go down this same route because our chairman thinks the transfer market is a gamble.

This is what Brentford spent bringing some of those players in.

Andre Gray brought from Luton for £500,000.

Neal Maupay brought from St Etienne for 1.8 million

Ollie Watkins brought from Exeter for 6.5 million.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The club has made the decision- Pan was given plenty of time
Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand & say enough is enough
You can't make a player sign a contract - if they have decided i don't want to accept improved terms what is Argyle supposed to do-

Let the player run down his contract knowing full well he will walk at the end of the season for zilch monetary return
Keep the player thinking at any given time he will put in a transfer request - i don't think Pan is that type of person but you don't know what his agent is filling his head with
Let him leave in January when you have a shorter time scale to find a replacement
At least making our intentions known at the start of the close season we are giving ourselves enough time to get a suitable replacement if Argyle accept a suitable valuation - but as i said in previous postings for all we know the club might already have a replacement already lined up

Reactions: warney

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
The club has made the decision- Pan was given plenty of time
Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand & say enough is enough
You can't make a player sign a contract - if they have decided i don't want to accept improved terms what is Argyle supposed to do-

Let the player run down his contract knowing full well he will walk at the end of the season for zilch monetary return
Keep the player thinking at any given time he will put in a transfer request - i don't think Pan is that type of person but you don't know what his agent is filling his head with
Let him leave in January when you have a shorter time scale to find a replacement
At least making our intentions known at the start of the close season we are giving ourselves enough time to get a suitable replacement if Argyle accept a suitable valuation - but as i said in previous postings for all we know the club might already have a replacement already lined up

Maybe he is already here. Alfie Lewis???

Reactions: saxman

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I know the money men will try and get the top dollar for Pan but yet bottom line is he has to go. His heart isn’t in it so mine is no longer with him as a player.

It’s all about buying into the project with Argyle. We aren’t ever going to be in a position to rival the big spenders so we need that extra 10-15% buy in and commitment from a player.

The fee is important to most but not necessarily to me. The important thing is he moves on quickly and without fuss.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Are you serious?! Look what happened at Fleetwood. Mind you your statement may come true and I will have to eat my words!

lm not saying he is the direct replacement. Just saying he is a player we did bring into the club as a CM.

Argyle do plan ahead. He is a CM player. He is a player they had their eye on for a while.

Whether it’s him or not, the Camara replacement will be a similar transfer to this l imagine in that it will a player we hope to come good.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
How do you know he wants to leave now? All we know is that his agent doesn't want to lock him into an extended deal.

I'm sure Pan would be perfectly happy to stay for another 12 months knowing he could negotiate a move as a free agent next summer.

But because of this so-called transfer policy we're now going to lose him this summer; probably for a pittance and probably to a promotion rival.
Well Pan needs to grow a pair then. If he doesn't want to leave, bin his agent off and make his own decisions

Reactions: Lancastergreen