Camara made available for transfer | Page 45 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

Sep 12, 2015
£250k with sell on and he’s gone, I see someone paying that in around August when they panic buy, which could well turn into a bidding war, Which is a win for us 😂
I understand your thoughts but what do argyle do until august . Replace someone who may or not be here, very difficult for the club . The uncertainty of it all .

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
I understand your thoughts but what do argyle do until august . Replace someone who may or not be here, very difficult for the club . The uncertainty of it all .
They’ll have plans ready incase of all situations I’m sure. But right now it’s all what ifs. As Neil said zero offers at the moment.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Plymouth Live headline back in May didn't really match what Dewsnip said about Camara.
I still think Camara will move to a League One club.

Headline:

Plymouth Argyle not prepared to sell Panutche Camara to a League One rival.​

What Dewsnip actually said ... And on whether Argyle would sell Camara to a League One rival, Dewsnip said: "I don't think that would work for anybody.
"I think that's kind of common sense really. I would hate an Argyle supporter to think that he is competing against us for the same prize."

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
No I think that clearly says they won't sell him to a league one side.
But for me if Wednesday or some other bigger club wants him then have him, get someone who wants the green shirt and move on, he is just another number that's all.

Reactions: Deacster
Sep 6, 2006
But for me if Wednesday or some other bigger club wants him then have him, get someone who wants the green shirt and move on, he is just another number that's all.
Only if the price is right. He played with as much passion as anyone I can remember so to allude to him not wanting the green shirt is well wide of the mark. Its a career for these guys you seem to have forgotten.

Jan 12, 2020
The Plymouth Live headline back in May didn't really match what Dewsnip said about Camara.
I still think Camara will move to a League One club.

Headline:

Plymouth Argyle not prepared to sell Panutche Camara to a League One rival.​

What Dewsnip actually said ... And on whether Argyle would sell Camara to a League One rival, Dewsnip said: "I don't think that would work for anybody.
"I think that's kind of common sense really. I would hate an Argyle supporter to think that he is competing against us for the same prize."
I think that suggests that we don’t want to sell him to a League One ‘rival’ and Camara doesn’t want to move to another League One club either as his ambitions beyond Argyle are the Championship or maybe, as has been suggested, abroad.

My personal take on this is that Panutche isn’t desperate to leave Argyle but would jump at the opportunity of a move ‘upwards’ to progress his career. However if his only were to remain in League One his preference would be to stay with the Greens.

Sep 2, 2008
In no way whatsoever does that ‘clearly’ say they won’t sell him to a league one club.

If they had said, ‘we won’t sell him to a league one club’ then I would agree with you.

The fact that they haven’t said that tells me it’s an option.

Reactions: leeroy221

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
The fact it appears we brought in another midfielder, is interesting.

l read somewhere he is an energetic type. That would be someone possibly to fill Camara’s shoes.

Id love him to stay. But only if that’s because he wants to.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Of course, this could simply all be down to Argyle's contract offer being derisory.
We are told it was an improved contract, not just an extension. He signed the current contract for less money than the new offer, which suggests the sticking point is either the lenght, or he feels he is worth even more and that he can get it elsewhere. Argyle are saying they have had no interest from other clubs.

Aug 5, 2016
Then instead of hiding away why doesn't he say either;

A) I'm sorry I didn't say before but I've decided to move for X reasons
B) the offer of the new contract is appreciated but doesn't reflect what I believe I am worth
C) I'm intending on signing the contract and have no desire to leave, I just wanted to see what my options were
D) some other sound bite to shut people up.

Instead he says nothing and when the fans decide they are fed up of not knowing anything pipe up he takes offence to it.
As stated before, he like others are quick to take the praise but start crying when it goes against them.
That's how it is these days though, you see how pansy players are on the pitch, oh he nudged me ref and look at my broken toe...before jogging it off!
Time for players at all levels to man up, it doesn't happen in any other sport.
Simple message to Pan, either sign up or ship out, it's not all about you!
Ship out? What are you talking about?
Pan has a year left on his contract.
Argyle will decide if he is shipping out based on what transfer offers the club receives.

Aug 5, 2016
Bit of a difference between Pan and Kane.
For a start Kane is an England regular and soon to be top scorer in history, secondly he can play and score.
Pan though is a league one player, international for a very low level team though not his fault, he does however have amazing stamina and determination.
There is plenty of correlation between Camara and Kane situations.
Both players are settled and beloved at their clubs.
Both are stand out 'star' players.
Both are likely to be earning a lot more money if they were at another club in the same division.
Both are open to the idea of leaving to maximise their earning potential.
But both are good characters, happy to stay put if the club wishes it, and will give a hundred percent with the minimum of fuss.

I'd say it is a great example of a player who kept his options open but stayed a fans favourite. We don't need to be turning on Pan for this.

Sep 2, 2008
We are told it was an improved contract, not just an extension. He signed the current contract for less money than the new offer, which suggests the sticking point is either the lenght, or he feels he is worth even more and that he can get it elsewhere. Argyle are saying they have had no interest from other clubs.
Or it could be that he just doesn't want to be at this outpost of a football club for much longer. It has been known to put people off.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
From his point of view, in 12 months time he could be looking at a signing on fee. If Argyle's improved offer doesn't include that personal windfall over the length of the contract then he'd be right to decline the offer. The one thing in Argyle's favour if he isn't sold this window is that he will be looking to have a great season in order to sell himself next summer. If he stays to see out his current deal I can't see him downing tools.