Camara made available for transfer | Page 44 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
It is not club policy for players in the last year of their contract to be made available for transfer.

The transfer strategy is for players whose representatives indicated that the player would not be signing a new contract to be made available for transfer.
Appears that you are wrong HC .

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Bearing in mind that English is not Camara’s first language I think that by ‘I’m selling to another club’ he means ‘I’m being sold to another club’ or similar. People with limited knowledge of a language often know the correct verb but don’t know how to create the correct tense. For example, I know that ‘habiter’ is the French equivalent of the verb to live so I could say ’J’habite en Plymouth’ but I couldn’t correctly say ‘I lived in Plymouth’ or ‘I will live in Plymouth’.

I wonder if the French have a word for entrepreneur.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Then instead of hiding away why doesn't he say either;

A) I'm sorry I didn't say before but I've decided to move for X reasons
B) the offer of the new contract is appreciated but doesn't reflect what I believe I am worth
C) I'm intending on signing the contract and have no desire to leave, I just wanted to see what my options were
D) some other sound bite to shut people up.

Instead he says nothing and when the fans decide they are fed up of not knowing anything pipe up he takes offence to it.
As stated before, he like others are quick to take the praise but start crying when it goes against them.
That's how it is these days though, you see how pansy players are on the pitch, oh he nudged me ref and look at my broken toe...before jogging it off!
Time for players at all levels to man up, it doesn't happen in any other sport.
Simple message to Pan, either sign up or ship out, it's not all about you!

I think if you read the thread title again you`ll find it is. :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Sep 6, 2006
Best player, I would say occasionally when he has something to prove. he can't shoot straight to save his life and most of the time the ball bounces at least twice before it reaches the goalkeeper... best player.. gimme a break!
I didn't say best player I said best players I.e. one of our best players. A player the club would like to keep and one of the first names on the team sheet. Shooting could improve agreed. If he was the finished article he would be nowhere near League 1

Dec 30, 2020
I still think he'll be off before the transfer window closes, because his agent surely wouldn't have advised him against signing the contract with Argyle unless he had good intel that other clubs want to offer him a lot more money.

NB Criticism of Pan is misplaced. Literally every player that has or will ever play for Argyle would be agitating to leave if the prospect of a massive wage increase was on offer, and that's fine. They have families to look after. It's part of the incentive to do their best while they are here.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Agreed. I believe that if, after all this brouhaha dies down, he stays, then he will remain a fans' favourite.

I have read nothing to indicate that he really wants away, and from that point of view I think he has played it well simply by being the genuine guy he is.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Its early days in the transfer market and then with 1 year left he could go for less next jan. Its playing rhe game, right or wrong and whats hes been advised. He has a job and money till next june ish so his agent knows they can sit and wait, no rush to get a new contract yet.

Sep 15, 2012
It’s taken 44 pages of what can be summed up in this message
Its a dog eat dog situation, Pan has been advised he could get more money somewhere else, so didn’t sign the contract, Argyle don’t want to lose money next year so put him on the transfer list , no ones come in for Pan (yet) so Pan will play next season and give his usual 100% maybe get his move in January but if not go for a free at the end of his contract, sign on for a big signing on fee and more wages, Job done, looking after himself and family. something we would all do if we were in the same situation.
my Hats On

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So how do we plan with him still ‘weighing up his options?.

It’s selfish from the player and a little amateurish from the club.

Why not give him a date to which thy contract extension deal ends. By that time we can plan with him being here as a backup and look to bring a replacement in.

To have an absolute luxury of a new and improved contract on the table whilst he says he doesn’t want to stay and uses the time to loofor a better move makes my teeth itch.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
It depends on his attitude. If he gives 100% like i think he will as hes that kinda guy then play him. If not he sits on the bench. We cant force a club to buy him.and argyle have time as well with a year left. They are playing it right in my eyes.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Neil Dewsnip has said that Pan has a groin injury (as opposed to the hamstring injury he had at the end of last season) and that he will miss the first three weeks of pre-season training. On that basis it will be touch and go whether he will be available for the start of the League season without a full pre-season's work behind him. In addition, unless the contract situation is resolved he still has the potential of a move before September with two recent and different injuries since he last played for Argyle. May put off prospective purchasers until January when his value would be less to the Club if he hasn't signed an extended contract. I hope he stays, signs and allows the coaching team to improve his game even further. that would be the best outcome.

I say we give him a deadline on the contract on the table. No negotiation now.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I still think he'll be off before the transfer window closes, because his agent surely wouldn't have advised him against signing the contract with Argyle unless he had good intel that other clubs want to offer him a lot more money.

NB Criticism of Pan is misplaced. Literally every player that has or will ever play for Argyle would be agitating to leave if the prospect of a massive wage increase was on offer, and that's fine. They have families to look after. It's part of the incentive to do their best while they are here.

I don’t see clubs wanting to pay a transfer fee for Pan, the buying club would also have to beat the salary contract that we have offered for Pan to wish to accept it. Both things have to be agreed before Pan gets transferred. I just don’t see Pan moving in this transfer window myself.

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
I don’t see clubs wanting to pay a transfer fee for Pan, the buying club would also have to beat the salary contract that we have offered for Pan to wish to accept it. Both things have to be agreed before Pan gets transferred. I just don’t see Pan moving in this transfer window myself.
£250k with sell on and he’s gone, I see someone paying that in around August when they panic buy, which could well turn into a bidding war, Which is a win for us 😂

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Feb 8, 2005
For what it is worth, my reading of the situation is this.

Pan has come to the end of another season and because of his slight lack of English understanding, he is relying on his agent to give him advice.

His agent is probably saying that he might be able to get a better deal than the contract that Argyle are offering him if he does his work and is able to get another Club interested in him.

Rumour has it that Wednesday were interested and that Argyle turned down any interest by saying that it would not be in Argyle's interest to sell him to another div 1 club.

This is restricting the Agent from touting Pan so far, but as Pan was injured at the end of last season, that fact alone may be putting clubs off at the moment, as there would be no proof that he has recovered during the break until pre-season is completed.

Pan should return for pre-season and other clubs will probably keep an eye on how his injury/pre-season turns out.

I believe that Wednesday have gone elsewhere for a midfielder, but they are having a clear-out anyway and may be interested in Pan later in the season (window closes after the start of the season, usually end of August) if Pan doesn't go up to the Championship, and if Argyle drop their position of not wanting him to go to an opponent in div 1.

I'm not sure that speculation about whether Pan will go or not has any grounding at the moment as any Club wanting to buy him would want to make sure that he would be fit and available before informing Argyle that they were interested in purchasing him, so he may even start the season with us before any further transfer interest comes about.

As soon as a hint of a sale becomes open knowledge, it is usual that the player is withdrawn from games in order that he does not get injured before negotiations come to a conclusion, so there may be more interest from us fans later on in the season.

Of course, if Pan signs the contract with Argyle then he will come off the transfer list, but that in itself would not prevent him from being sold, except that compensation would be allied with his extended contract term.