Camara made available for transfer | Page 30 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Jimmy was impressive in the Championship and had a good career with Millwall, mostly at that level. Looks like Camara is going to that level based on Dewsnips comments so time will tell if he's at the same level.

Adobu was a cracking player. Very underrated imo. Maybe slightly different type of player to Camara. I am sure Abdou was better on the ball where Camara is all over the pitch hunting the opposition down.

Sep 2, 2008
Good simple clear communication. No one interested, not selling to a League 1 club. So >50% possibility he is going to be here next season IMO.
Not selling to a league one club?? I don’t see Dewsnip saying that at all.

Feb 8, 2005
Not selling to a league one club?? I don’t see Dewsnip saying that at all.
And on whether Argyle would sell Camara to a League One rival, Dewsnip said: "I don't think that would work for anybody.

"I think that's kind of common sense really. I would hate an Argyle supporter to think that he is competing against us for the same prize."

What part of that do you not understand?

Sep 2, 2008
I understand every word he said and nowhere do I see him saying that we will not sell to a league one club.

I can see ‘I don’t think’ and ‘I think’ and ‘I would hate’ but I don’t see, ‘No, we will not be selling to a league one club’.

I guess we just understand the English language differently.

Last edited:

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Plenty of players like Carey?? Such as......can't see many No.10 of his ability at this level.
The reverse is true, we will miss Camara but he us replaceable. Someone with 80% of his energy but 50% better end product and we are better off.

Agree to disagree there (y)

Reactions: Deacster
Jul 12, 2016
Really? How many like him have you seen in the last (say) 25 years playing for PAFC?
Granted he is somewhat unique and when he is on top of his game he is a joy to watch but on occasions he goes missing and his finishing can be woeful. I still think we could replace him though without too much detriment to the team

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020
Adobu was a cracking player. Very underrated imo. Maybe slightly different type of player to Camara. I am sure Abdou was better on the ball where Camara is all over the pitch hunting the opposition down.
There are definite similarities between Abdou and camara.

I saw Abdou ( an unheard of trialist) and Paul mcveigh playing on trial at Truro, under Holloway. Abdou immediately caught the eye playing at RWB and was offered a contract ( whereas mcveigh wasn’t). I don’t think Argyle ever played home there again, which I found curious ( although of course we did already have Paul Connolly in that position.

Jimmy was playing in a failing Argyle side for much of his stay - but I spoke to a Millwall fan who could not speak highly enough about him.

For what it’s worth, I think jimmy ( who played in midfield for much of his career) as well as Panutche Camara might actually both be natural RWBs. I can see panutche making a big impact at RWB in the championship ( he’s never really an attacking midfielder in my book - doesn’t have the skills or goal threat IMO, but is nevertheless an outstanding player, with his energy, dribbling, running, pace and commitment. In fact he’s a perfect fit for RWB in a higher division IMO).

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Why are you worrying over one player?
Yeah he is fairly good at league one level but that's about his lot, maybe a relegation favourite championship side at best.
I can see him going somewhere like Rotherham.
Sell him ASAP, don't let this drag on and find someone who wants to play for a mid table league one side with some aspirations of pushing for the play offs.

Reactions: EyeOpener
Dec 30, 2020
Abdou wasn't anywhere near as good as Pan - very hard working player but he had nothing to his game other than pressing and harassing. You wouldn't see him driving past players like Pan can do.

The fact they played at different levels is irrelevant. Just means Abdou got a gig doing his very specific defensive midfielder's role in the Championship (a side note: I think Argyle could actually use a player like that in the squad, but if it was a straight swap for Pan we would unquestionably be a lot weaker).

Oct 20, 2015
Derriford
Plymouth Live quoted Dewsnip yesterday afternoon that Pan not going to a league 1 rival. If he can't get an acceptable deal then he doesn't go. We keep him another season on his existing wage and then he can choose for himself. Simples.

Reactions: ChepstowGreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Plymouth Live quoted Dewsnip yesterday afternoon that Pan not going to a league 1 rival. If he can't get an acceptable deal then he doesn't go. We keep him another season on his existing wage and then he can choose for himself. Simples.

We hold the cards.