Camara made available for transfer | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Camara made available for transfer

Mar 16, 2009
London
You are a poor judge of character if you think Pan will 'sulk' from my observations of him.

I don' t know him personally (do you?) so I wouldn't ever 'judge his character' but I think all players have the capacity to do that, under pressure from their agent. He's young and impressionable, and being that agents take all the flack, the blame is rarely apportioned to the players these days.

It's all part of the game sadly. And quickly forgiven. Remember how Kane was sulking at the beginning of the season after Spurs wouldn't allow his move to Man City? As England's captan, no indelible damage seems to have been done to his reputation.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2006
I don' t know him personally (do you?) so I wouldn't ever 'judge his character' but I think all players have the capacity to do that, under pressure from their agent. He's young and impressionable, and being that agents take all the flack, the blame is rarely apportioned to the players these days.

It's all part of the game sadly. And quickly forgiven. Remember how Kane was sulking at the beginning of the season after Spurs wouldn't allow his move to Man City? As England's captan, no indelible damage seems to have been done to his reputation.
But you HAVE judged his character.

Mar 16, 2009
London
But you HAVE judged his character.

Wrong, as usual.

*IF* he wants a move, the agent will be instructing him to force one.

The agent does the negotiating, not the player.

This is as much to do with a player's character as time wasting (aka game management) in a match. Both are accepted parts of the game these days.

Sep 6, 2006
Wrong, as usual.

*IF* he wants a move, the agent will be instructing him to force one.

The agent does the negotiating, not the player.

This is as much to do with a player's character as time wasting (aka game management) in a match. Both are accepted parts of the game these days.
You suggested he will sulk. OK that is not judging character in your strange world.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Would love for it to 'Pan' out that way (pun intended), but fear that if there was a specific move on the cards that he wanted, he'd just have to sulk for a few months and then the club would prob let him go in January, for an even smaller fee.
Who says that he doesn't want to be here? He is contracted to stay for another year and has not said he wants to move right now.

Why would he sulk? It is in his own interest to maintain the standards he has reached so that come next summer he has lots of offers as a free agent.

You never know, he might then take up Argyle's 2023 contract offer which his agent expects to be dramatically greater than they have offered this year because other clubs will be offering a signing on fee in the absence of a transfer fee and Argyle would have to match that.

Reactions: OnicknowlePete
Mar 16, 2009
London
Who says that he doesn't want to be here? He is contracted to stay for another year and has not said he wants to move right now.

Why would he sulk? It is in his own interest to maintain the standards he has reached so that come next summer he has lots of offers as a free agent.

You never know, he might then take up Argyle's 2023 contract offer which his agent expects to be dramatically greater than they have offered this year because other clubs will be offering a signing on fee in the absence of a transfer fee and Argyle would have to match that.

Exactly. I've been saying since the beginning of this thread that he might be prepared to see out his contract.

The point is that *IF* he wants a move, he and his agent hold the power.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Exactly. I've been saying since the beginning of this thread that he might be prepared to see out his contract.

The point is that *IF* he wants a move, he and his agent hold the power.
"If" he wants a move then he would have put in a transfer request.

Mar 16, 2009
London
"If" he wants a move then he would have put in a transfer request.

Which is why I think the club have got it wrong to put him on the transfer market.

If he wants to stay and see out his contract - Imo he's valuable enough to the team for the club to keep him.

I've said this right from the beginning of the thread.

We should be keeping him and aiming to win promotion with him, not transfer listing him.

Last edited:

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
At the end of the day if no club offers enough to take him then he stays with us for another season,
Pete

Reactions: Ky dv
Sep 6, 2006
Which is why I think the club have got it wrong to put him on the transfer market.

If he wants to stay and see out his contract - Imo he's valuable enough to the team for the club to keep him.

I've said this right from the beginning of the thread.

We should be keeping him and aiming to win promotion with him, not transfer listing him.
As you KEEP saying. And if we don't get promotion, which barring miracle we won't, we lose out on between half and a million pounds. Which, as we have a chairman unwilling to dig much deeper into his own pockets, is not inconsiderable.

Mar 16, 2009
London
As you KEEP saying. And if we don't get promotion, which barring miracle we won't, we lose out on between half and a million pounds. Which, as we have a chairman unwilling to dig much deeper into his own pockets, is not inconsiderable.

Why "barring a miracle" ?

Why be so utterly, defiantly defeatist?

We accumulated 80 points this season despite the upheaval of having our manager up sticks and leave midway through. That cost us 6+ points at least.

If we keep the squad together, of which Camara is a crucial part, why can't we take the next step?

According to you, everybody thinks I'm wrong on this thread.

I'm not sure everybody thinks that only a miracle will see us get promoted.

Pretty sure you're in the minority there.

Reactions: pafcprogs