Buying a Season Ticket and no FA Share | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Buying a Season Ticket and no FA Share

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The Doctor":13qtjqas said:
I was completely torn about what to do but in the end I re-newed yesterday afternoon. I walked up to the counter, said "I'd like to re-new our season tickets" and got such a lovely, smiley and genuinely positive "Oh brilliant" response from the girl there that at least I felt certain that one member of the staff there genuinely wanted us all to re-new.

Interesting given that the staff situation is often quoted as a reason for not renewing ...

Oct 12, 2006
Kingsbridge
As a family we have decided not to renew as a result of the removal of the 5% loyalty discount, the unacceptable and unjustifiable hike in kids prices and a real feeling of unease over what is happening at the club.

If things change, then we'll buy. It is just dreadfully sad. I love going to watch the football with my son….it is such an important thing between us, but this lot have completely screwed that up. I hate them.

Sep 7, 2006
argylebaz":242bytkt said:
Well I believe today is the last Day to purchase my son and my season ticket if I want to get the same seat....I don't suppose there is a clamour......Don't know what to do

1/ Why should i give them my money until the staff have been paid in full
2/ What happens if they dont get golden share from FA
3/ peed off at the price of my sons ticket ...unless I am herded to the family area which would not suit us at all

what you all think

Think you have till Sunday as the seats are released on Monday.

I renewed mine earlier this week, cant abide the thought of not having 'my' seat, if Plan A succeeds I will be there loud and proud calling for the removal of Heaney!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

All these non-renewers make me laugh...

..."nope I'm not gonna renew, you can stick your £340 season-ticket Ridsdale! I'll give you £460 (in real terms) instead!"

That'll teach him, eh?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
The Grumpy Loyal":163l1c4i said:

..."nope I'm not gonna renew, you can stick your £340 season-ticket Ridsdale! I'll give you £460 (in real terms) instead!"

That'll teach him, eh?

Maybe not, but it'll mean he can't spend the whole budget by January.

Oct 12, 2006
Kingsbridge
The Grumpy Loyal":encq3vfq said:

That'll teach him, eh?

All these over-assumers make me laugh. Well, not really…..they just make me roll my eyes and think what a complete………

Enjoy the wilderness as I don't think you'll find the non-renewers will be pay on the day as often as your maths assumes.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

G'n'T":3pef8mc2 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3pef8mc2 said:

That'll teach him, eh?

All these over-assumers make me laugh. Well, not really…..they just make me roll my eyes and think what a complete………

Enjoy the wilderness as I don't think you'll find the non-renewers will be pay on the day as often as your maths assumes.

I was refering to those who pledge their undying love (and will be there still, week-in, week out,) but infer that by P(ing)OTD they are doing Ridsdale some sort of disservice. Which of course, in real terms, they're not.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Frank_Butcher":13fj26q2 said:
The Doctor":13fj26q2 said:
I was completely torn about what to do but in the end I re-newed yesterday afternoon. I walked up to the counter, said "I'd like to re-new our season tickets" and got such a lovely, smiley and genuinely positive "Oh brilliant" response from the girl there that at least I felt certain that one member of the staff there genuinely wanted us all to re-new.

Interesting given that the staff situation is often quoted as a reason for not renewing ...

Of course she might just have been following instructions and I might be completely over-interpreting her response. But my instinct was that it was completely genuine so if nothing else it made me feel a little better about things.

Oct 12, 2006
Kingsbridge
The Doctor":70vufyah said:
Frank_Butcher":70vufyah said:
The Doctor":70vufyah said:

Of course she might just have been following instructions and I might be completely over-interpreting her response. But my instinct was that it was completely genuine so if nothing else it made me feel a little better about things.

Or, you made her swoon.

C

ChickensHomeToRoost

If you'll allow an outsider, who has been following the discussions on this Board with a certain sense of deja vu (the club I support ran into financial difficulties a few years back; and I read many similar discussions on teh Portsmouth fans' site last year), to make an observation:

The deal to sell your club to a new owner is still, seemingly, very much in the balance.

If that deal fails, the probability is that the administrator will put the company into liquidation (that is what he has said he will have to do), and there will be no club left to support.

Whether the preferred bidders complete or not MAY depend upon their assessment of the likely financial performance of the club going forward (it may not ... it may all be to do with development ... but they must have some concerns that maybe Mr Ridsdale will be in no position to take it off their hands for £1, meaning that they are stuck with a football club until they can find somebody else to sell it to).

A football club has a product to sell, namely, match-day entertainment.

It sells it to you, the fans.

If the preferred bidders sees that, despite the turmoil of recent months, there are still plenty of you who are ready, able and willing to buy the club's product if it manages to deliver it, then they will be more willing to commit to saving the club than if they perceive that, even if they commit, the fans seemingly will not.

Therefore, all other things being equal, the purchase of season tickets by a substantial number of fans increases the chances of your club being saved.

I appreciate that there are a lot of ifs and buts to all of this. But the bottom line is this. If you want somebody to step in and save your club, despite the financial mess, then you need to do your bit to demonstrate that it is worth saving.

And that, as they say, is the bottom line.

p.s. I hope you DO still have a club to support when all this is over.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
ChickensHomeToRoost":dpnhw068 said:

If the preferred bidders sees that, despite the turmoil of recent months, there are still plenty of you who are ready, able and willing to buy the club's product if it manages to deliver it, then they will be more willing to commit to saving the club than if they perceive that, even if they commit, the fans seemingly will not.

Thank you, your post was a good read. :mrgreen:

My issues are that the Preferred Bidders have a very mysterious 'whiff' about them and several issues that stop them being good for the club. The two most pertinent seem to be:

1. They seem to be having difficulty finding money (Only £300k paid of the the £1m promised).
2. There are rumours that the bid may involve members of the board that got us into this mess.

Furthermore the bit in bold is effectively emotional blackmail and plenty of people just aren't going to fall for it anymore. Season tickets sales have yet to reach 50% of those sold last season, I severely doubt they will get much above that... Unless we see some clear signs of progress. Right now all we have is a stagnated bid that seems to be moving nowhere, by people that don't seem to give a toss about this club or its staff.

Jul 29, 2010
crickeypafc":1y5n401p said:
I said i was not but after QPR game i just been up and renewed because there will in the be football played at home park this season and now thats all i care about the summer was there for moaning about the board and all that crap. But now the season is coming its time to start to focus on the team

For me just as dogs are not just for Christmas, morals are not just for the closed season :wink:.

Each will do what he feels is right, but each also reserves the right to consider the opposite stance to be wrong.

Feb 25, 2005
Elburton, Plymouth
Afer much wrangling within the confines of my own mind (very confined), I finally sent of my S/T forms on thursday of last week, two things tipped the balance for me,

1. Watching on Wednesday from a "strange" position in the Lindy, looking across at "my" front row seat in the Grandstand, I just can't bear to let it go!
2. The encouraging display from the team that was put out on Wednesday, maybe when all this crap is behind us, I can enjoy my football again?

I completely respect the views of those on both sides of the Renew or not argument, and also their right to hold and express their views, but hope that those who feel they cannot renew at present will not give up on Argyle completely.

Aug 17, 2006
ChickensHomeToRoost":1z25y69d said:
If you'll allow an outsider, who has been following the discussions on this Board with a certain sense of deja vu (the club I support ran into financial difficulties a few years back; and I read many similar discussions on teh Portsmouth fans' site last year), to make an observation:

The deal to sell your club to a new owner is still, seemingly, very much in the balance.

If that deal fails, the probability is that the administrator will put the company into liquidation (that is what he has said he will have to do), and there will be no club left to support.

Whether the preferred bidders complete or not MAY depend upon their assessment of the likely financial performance of the club going forward (it may not ... it may all be to do with development ... but they must have some concerns that maybe Mr Ridsdale will be in no position to take it off their hands for £1, meaning that they are stuck with a football club until they can find somebody else to sell it to).

Therefore, all other things being equal, the purchase of season tickets by a substantial number of fans increases the chances of your club being saved.

I appreciate that there are a lot of ifs and buts to all of this. But the bottom line is this. If you want somebody to step in and save your club, despite the financial mess, then you need to do your bit to demonstrate that it is worth saving.

And that, as they say, is the bottom line.

p.s. I hope you DO still have a club to support when all this is over.

Thanks CHTR but in the current climate a newly-regd poster telling us we should renew is going to come across to many as a Heaney/Ridsdale stooge.