Buying a Season Ticket and no FA Share | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Buying a Season Ticket and no FA Share

C

ChickensHomeToRoost

I quite appreciate where you're coming from, Camberwick. If they get that impression, it is as unfortunate as it is untrue; but so be it. I wrote what I saw as a dispassionate appraisal of an unpalatable reality - that the only options seem to be a club owned by somebody that the fans do not care for, or no club at all. If, faced with those choices, your preference is for the survival of the club you love and support, then it seems to me that showing that the market for the club's product still exists is the optimum strategy for influencing the outcome. And I like to think that the analysis and reasoning I have offered will stand or fall on its own merits, rather than on people jumping to false conclusions as to who or what I may be.

As I said, I am a fan of a club (a rugby club, as it happens, rather than a soccer club) which has experienced similar turmoil. I know how terrible it feels for the fans to watch, powerless, as the future of the club they love and support is determined by the money men, the financiers, the lawyers and the accountants.

We managed to pull through it all (although I still do not understand how) and emerge with a club that we are still proud to support. And I was entirely genuine when I said that I hope you do too.

But I dare say all of that is what a Heaney/Ridsdale stooge might write also, so I'm not going to get upset or offended if you choose to disregard it. I'm an outsider; and it's the club you love and support that we're talking about.