Buying a Season Ticket and no FA Share | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Buying a Season Ticket and no FA Share

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Well I believe today is the last Day to purchase my son and my season ticket if I want to get the same seat....I don't suppose there is a clamour......Don't know what to do

1/ Why should i give them my money until the staff have been paid in full
2/ What happens if they dont get golden share from FA
3/ peed off at the price of my sons ticket ...unless I am herded to the family area which would not suit us at all

what you all think

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
argylebaz":25k460gi said:
Well I believe today is the last Day to purchase my son and my season ticket if I want to get the same seat....I don't suppose there is a clamour......Don't know what to do

3/ peed off at the price of my sons ticket ...unless I am herded to the family area which would not suit us at all

what you all think
I'm in the same boat as you - me and my grandson. It seems strange with the deadline being here and I haven't renewed my seat. I've decided that I won't renew until the staff get paid. Whether it's Plan A or the rescue plan, once they've shown their comittment by paying the staff I'll show them mine and renew. As for the Golden Share, it won't be Heaney so we'd better hope that Brent gets it.

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Keepitgreen":1l608x5i said:
argylebaz":1l608x5i said:

what you all think
I'm in the same boat as you - me and my grandson. It seems strange with the deadline being here and I haven't renewed my seat. I've decided that I won't renew until the staff get paid. Whether it's Plan A or the rescue plan, once they've shown their comittment by paying the staff I'll show them mine and renew. As for the Golden Share, it won't be Heaney so we'd better hope that Brent gets it.

Same here. I can't begin to explain how weird it feels to not be renewing. Until staff are treated with some respect, it will remain POTD, but I hate the way these prats are systematically trying to destroy our club. :x

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
I reckon your seats will probably be safe for a while yet, I doubt there are going to be thousands of new season ticket holders turning up after the deadline.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I was completely torn about what to do but in the end I re-newed yesterday afternoon. I walked up to the counter, said "I'd like to re-new our season tickets" and got such a lovely, smiley and genuinely positive "Oh brilliant" response from the girl there that at least I felt certain that one member of the staff there genuinely wanted us all to re-new.

But I still have mixed feelings. I'd hate to think that by re-newing I have in some way helped Heaney/Ridsdale to take control when what seems to me to be a better alternative exists. On the other hand I would have hated to have contributed to the demise of Argyle by starving the club of funds at this critical time.

As I have said before, I feel that everyone will have different stances and many will be confused and worried about what is the best thing to do. We just all have to make our own decisions, hope that they are good ones and not be subject to criticism from others for choosing whatever path we have taken.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
The Doctor":2jnu0659 said:
I was completely torn about what to do but in the end I re-newed yesterday afternoon. I walked up to the counter, said "I'd like to re-new our season tickets" and got such a lovely, smiley and genuinely positive "Oh brilliant" response from the girl there that at least I felt certain that one member of the staff there genuinely wanted us all to re-new.

But I still have mixed feelings. I'd hate to think that by re-newing I have in some way helped Heaney/Ridsdale to take control when what seems to me to be a better alternative exists. On the other hand I would have hated to have contributed to the demise of Argyle by starving the club of funds at this critical time.

As I have said before, I feel that everyone will have different stances and many will be confused and worried about what is the best thing to do. We just all have to make our own decisions, hope that they are good ones and not be subject to criticism from others for choosing whatever path we have taken.

Ann and myself are renewing today and we feel that by doing so we are supporting the future of our club, the team and the staff. :mrgreen: :stout:

B

bandwagon

The Doctor":3sohyx8k said:

It's a proper dilemma for sure, but as you say its all about personal decisions and even though I won't be seen within 100miles of HP if Ridsdale/Heany & god knows who gets the nod - well done, you are a better Argyle fan than me at this moment!!

I hope it all turns out ok for you!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

C

Cult Of Personality

I said i was not but after QPR game i just been up and renewed because there will in the be football played at home park this season and now thats all i care about the summer was there for moaning about the board and all that crap. But now the season is coming its time to start to focus on the team

And i enjoy going

A

Anonymous

crickeypafc":ttnd7ton said:
And i enjoy going

There's no better reason mate. :mrgreen:

I'm still 'going' (home and away) but I'm not commiting like I normally do. Until............ :)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
mikey":sknr88t6 said:
Ann and myself are renewing today and we feel that by doing so we are supporting the future of our club, the team and the staff. :mrgreen: :stout:

I'm going up today to renew.

If the club folds with Heaney as owner of the ground, the council will be under pressure to lift the covenants on the ground. As long as the club stays in business, the ground must be used for football.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
bandwagon":16kv2zm8 said:
It's a proper dilemma for sure, but as you say its all about personal decisions and even though I won't be seen within 100miles of HP if Ridsdale/Heany & god knows who gets the nod - well done, you are a better Argyle fan than me at this moment!!

No, I'm not. There's no hierarchy involved here. I'd argue that you've shown more bravery and a stronger commitment to your viewpoint (which to some extent I share) than I have. We're all making choices armed with a very incomplete knowledge of how those choices fit with and influence how events will turn out. What was it that Kermit said? "It's not easy being Green"

Aug 17, 2006
I see that, whilst payment over 4 months is interest free there is a £16 admin fee payable.

Regardless of what explanation anyone might come up with for the difference my bank account would still be 16 quid lighter.

I renewed mine this week after much soul searching. But I came to the conclusion that the purchase of a season ticket will in no way help Heaney and co. They are in for £5m and they either have it or not. If not, as we all suspect, then the Rescue Plan hopefully comes into play and my money goes towards the playing side as it is intended. If they do have the £5m then my money will still go towards the playing side and hopefully everyone will be happy that the staff have been paid up and we have a future to look forward to which should include a new stand and facilities.

At the end of the day I couldnt find a reason not to renew, what the hell else would I do on a Saturday?

I wont be re-newing my previous Pilgrim membership as there is nothing to re-new it with with for us exiles which is a shame in one way, but also relives me from the dilemma of whether or not to give money to the Rid/Hean axis...

Still do my quota of matches this year though...