• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle - the build up

John Cooper

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Pasoti Donor
Auction Winner
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Balham_Green":29o8lcq9 said:
Presumably Josh Grant will not be available tomorrow which could be a significant loss.

Why is that? I thought he played against Bolton in last round?

Ottawa Green

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Confirmed Josh Grant did play against Bolton

Argyle (3-5-2): 24 Alex Palmer (gk); 5 Scott Wootton, 6 Niall Canavan, 3 Gary Sawyer (capt); 8 Joe Edwards, 7 Antoni Sarcevic, 25 Josh Grant, 10 Danny Mayor, 21 Callum McFadzean; 16 Joel Grant (18 Billy Clarke 75), 17 Byron Moore (11 Dom Telford 90). Substitutes (not used): 1 Mike Cooper (gk), 4 Will Aimson, 9 Ryan Taylor, 20 Adam Randell, 32 George Cooper.

justanotherfan

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Old Gunner":1ud4l353 said:
memory man":1ud4l353 said:
Penlee":1ud4l353 said:
Very interesting piece by Holloway in the Bristol paper particularly the bit regarding Jock Morrison

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... vs-3589606
One of the things I really like about the modern game is that players are no longer lauded for their thuggery. A lot of the so-called "hardmen" of yesteryear wouldn't have been able to play professionally had they been made to stick to the rules.

I agree and it was the same at amateur level. I recall turning an opposition right back inside out for the entirety of a match...when he got his chance he launched a knee high tackle at me snapping my anterior cruciate ligament. I managed to carry on playing all sorts of sport (despite advice from the medical profession) and still do, but haven't had a day over 40 years without some sort of discomfort. I'm an easy going bloke but if I could ever find the guy who did it I would do him some damage.
The referee didn't even book the bugger...these days I probably could have done him for assault.

Pots and kettles. :twisted: