Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis

Aug 17, 2005
Think I will take a couple colostomy bags in my pocket on Friday to see there faces when I take them out.

Sep 2, 2008
Lots of positives. Surprised by how good Dan Scarr was alongside an equally dependable looking player in Wilson. Saying that, they weren't really tested. Yet, I thought Scarr looked excellent. Absolute monster in the air and a composure when in possession, which I didn't expect based on comments from Walsall fans. As per a previous comment I've seen on here, he's like a right footed Sonny Bradley.

Edwards was fantastic in creating several chances early on. Galloway is clearly a decent player although he still looks like he's trying to work out his role and get used to the team. Hopefully we sign him up.

Loved seeing Randell & Law. First time I've seen Law and I haven't seen enough yet because in patches I was wandering if he was ready for this standard, but his second half performance was terrific. He's very skillful and very quick to start a move from out wide. Certainly, he looks very crafty and clever going forward. I'm intrigued to see how he fares defensively as I thought on a couple of occasions he got drawn to the ball and left his man out wide in acres of space. Looked a tad naive/raw. Randell an upgrade on Fornah in that he moves the ball forward. Clearly, this was not an instruction by Lowe to Fornah as per what some on here said before (to keep the ball ticking side to side). Randell is a proper footballer.

Mayor was Mayor, flattered to deceive and lost possession for the goal. I want to say the same about Hardie when it comes to sharpness in front of goal, but he did score a goal (one he couldn't miss).

Looking at that side I feel that we need a player who will run at the opposition, a Ruben Lamieras or an Ousmane Dembele type player. A dribbler, someone off the cuff who will beat a man and shoot or cross. He might just be a substitute, but I think we need that magic card. A bright young Prem loanee maybe? I also think we need an older head uptop to gives us a 4th option uptop & perhaps someone who is a target man. Glenn Murray would have been perfect. Potentially another midfield player? Although Houghton is still to come in and Randell is clearly ready to be a back-up. Otherwise, that team is better than last season for me. Lacking some squad depth which is most definitely a worry however.
Tbf , I was very critical of his 1st half performance but have to agree that his 2nd half was much better. Did make me wonder if being out of earshot of Lowes coaching advice while on the pitch allowed him to play his own game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You really can’t post, even when praising a player, without having a ‘dig’ at the manager. Maybe, RL had a word with him at half time and boosted his confidence.

Reactions: WoodsyGreen