Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
An encouraging performance. Liked the look of the back three. Wilson's distribution was effective and was keen to surge forward into space. Scarr will give us the aerial presence we have missed and it will be an interesting competition for the third spot. Gillesphey and Galloway offer something different. I think the former may be better defensively but Galloway is an accomplished pacey player and may suit us better at home. He may even suit the LWB position although Ryan Law did his starting chances no harm at all.

I was particularly taken by how we pressed higher up the pitch particularly with Camara marauding up and down the right hand side. It wasn't a case of Swansea relaxing it was more that we pressured them more to some effect. Our week spot remains when the opposition play three up top. It stops the passing through the press and forces us to play the ball into centre midfield, inevitably to Mayor or Randell with a player right on them. Loose control or a misplaced pass will be seized upon by the opposition and so it proved. we need to work that out but not all teams will play so high or wide.

Finally, albeit for a few minutes we finished with seven Academy players on the pitch. it is good to see and I am sure some will force their way into a regular starting position. Well done to the Management Team for giving them the opportunity. I will watch Rhys Shirley's progression with interest. He definitely has something about him.

The one downside was the inexplicable intensive search in the Lyndhurst at least. Before entering the turnstile it was empty all pockets onto a table and even wallets were searched including the removal of credit / debit cards. Some children were requested to do the same before everyone was wafted down airport style with a hand held scanner. Apart from the delay of entry, with a bigger crowd how frustrating will this be? I really have to question this and I wondered why this imposition (because that is what it was) was sanctioned by Argyle not least because it would appear it was not uniformly applied in all areas of the stadium.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
The searches were also in place for the England screenings at Home Park.
I would presume it is to prevent people bringing pyro, flares etc. But it does seem overzealous and will be a nightmare on regular matchdays.

Aug 17, 2005
Was happy with what I seen last night and the thought with Randells display last night was how to accomadate him in the team assuming Houghton will be first choice for the position he was playing. The thought was there to move him into the Grant/Camara position. Thoughts?????

Reactions: Tugboat
So refreshing to see Argyle play better in the 2nd half than the first. Camara on for Grant made a huge difference, as did the tactic change to stop the press on the Swansea defence high up the pitch.
Did anyone notice how fluid our formation was in the 2nd half? When we were defending on the right side, the left wing back would drop in to make a back 4 with the 3 CD's as everyone moved slightly toward the play. Vice versa on the other side. Really intelligent defending as it plugs gaps behind the wing backs.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think we'll continue with the high press against League One teams where defenders are not so comfortable on the ball and liable to lose it under pressure.
The Swansea centre-backs were too clever and beat the high press and bypassed our strikers and midfielders with one pass.

Once we retreated 20 yards in the second half we plugged the huge gap in midfield between Randell/back 3 and Mayor, Grant, Ennis and Hardie.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
One incident that I thought was worth a mention. A superb turn and forward pass by Ennis set Galloway free in acres of space down the left. Unfortunately, the referee decided to stop play and book the defender rather than play advantage.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Somewhat surprised to hear that Steve Cooper is resigning as Swansea manager. I was sitting very close to him last night and he seemed upbeat and animated all game.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I think we'll continue with the high press against League One teams where defenders are not so comfortable on the ball and liable to lose it under pressure.
The Swansea centre-backs were too clever and beat the high press and bypassed our strikers and midfielders with one pass.

Once we retreated 20 yards in the second half we plugged the huge gap in midfield between Randell/back 3 and Mayor, Grant, Ennis and Hardie.
Credit where it's due, RL varied his tactics to good effect last night and we should have won. Early days but I see us challenging this season.

Jul 6, 2011
Was happy with what I seen last night and the thought with Randells display last night was how to accomadate him in the team assuming Houghton will be first choice for the position he was playing. The thought was there to move him into the Grant/Camara position. Thoughts?????

I would say when Camara flags part way through the season, which he has history for doing play Randell in that position.
Personally I think more of Randell than Grant, but those are my thoughts.

C

Cult Of Personality

Security was ott.i can understand being waved down with a wand. But my dad a pensioner took his wallet out only for the security to then open it up and look through it . Was very shocked and disappointed by this and found it went past the bounds of acceptable behaviour

Was the guards by turnstiles 9-12 Lyndhurst. Did anyone else have this happen to them . Also my wallet was not checked .

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Security was ott.i can understand being waved down with a wand. But my dad a pensioner took his wallet out only for the security to then open it up and look through it . Was very shocked and disappointed by this and found it went past the bounds of acceptable behaviour

Was the guards by turnstiles 9-12 Lyndhurst. Did anyone else have this happen to them . Also my wallet was not checked .

I was in the Mayflower and there weren't even stewards at the turnstiles. But a friend was in the Lyndhurst and said he had quite a heavy pat down. Odd.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I half expected to be asked for my passport!

C

Cult Of Personality

I was in the Mayflower and there weren't even stewards at the turnstiles. But a friend was in the Lyndhurst and said he had quite a heavy pat down. Odd.
Yeah it was a little strange . I can understand a new company wanting to do a good job . Just think they may have crossed the line with my dad and the opening of his wallet .Will see how it goes on friday for Boro